Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Woolwich

1…404142434446»

Comments

  • Clem_Snide
    Clem_Snide Posts: 12,193
    edited October 4
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.
  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,175
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.

    All the whilst the Spoons is in Woolwich there will be somewhere decent to eat.
  • blackpool72
    blackpool72 Posts: 24,834
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.

    All the whilst the Spoons is in Woolwich there will be somewhere decent to eat.
    The great Harry. 
  • fenlandaddick
    fenlandaddick Posts: 2,348
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.

    Also closed in Nottingham a few years ago. Sad times for burger connoisseurs.
  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,175
    edited October 4
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.

    Also closed in Nottingham a few years ago. Sad times for burger connoisseurs.

    Blimey, when I was growing up(to a point) in the 70's there was a Wimpy in every town.
  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,175
    More of a KFC man nowadays.
  • charlton4ever
    charlton4ever Posts: 1,974
    cabbles said:
    Slightly off the topic of pubs, but I like the swimming pool that’s opened up there by the square.  Take my boys there, and we come all the way over from Shirley/west wickham

    It’s a good setup for their ages

    ate in that Chinese restaurant by the new build flats called Jinshi yesterday.  Not bad either 
    One of my colleagues is Chinese/italian, mentioned I lived in Woolwich and she said Jinshi has got quite a bit of buzz from the Chinese expat community. The culinary scene in Woolwich does punch above its weight.
    But has recently suffered a devastating loss with the closure of the Wimpy.

    Also closed in Nottingham a few years ago. Sad times for burger connoisseurs.

    Blimey, when I was growing up(to a point) in the 70's there was a Wimpey in every town.
    There were 2 in Woolwich in my time  - the main one and a cute little one in Hare Street.