Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheff Utd | Sat Nov 26 | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Gonna miss this so it's bound to be 4-3 Charlton!
  • Options
    Biggest game of the season for us for numerous reasons.

A win will speak volumes about us and can define how this season goes from here.

This is a game where the defence needs to be on their guard to protect Phillips in goal as he's likely to be a little nervous to start with. Keep Sharp occupied nf that's a big part of the battle.

We need Magennis and Ajose to hassle, harry be generally relentless to their defence and Lookman needs to turn it on and show he can do it gainst the best in the division.

Hopefully Nugent gets them fired up and they all want to impress Karl from day one.

Got a feeling Ajose might just unlock the door for us in a tight battle. 2-1

COYA
  • Options

Flukey 1.0.

Phillips has a stormer.

Nugent goes down in history as the most successful manager in Charlton history and the only one during the Belgian project NOT sacked by Roland.

Phillips sold in Jan in double deal with Lookman for undisclosed fee.

Nugent resigns after fall out with MK Robinson to be replaced by Congo Chris.
  • Options
    I can't see anything beyond a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    I think we'll come back down to earth a bit. I think it'll be a decent performance, but 1-1 if we're lucky or more likely 1-2. If they go with a back three/five, I think we're going to have a very hard time breaking them down. Cue a lot of static possession in midfield, and a mistake or two leading to us conceding.

• Options
    really looking forward to this .. Nugent's last stand .. I hope that Scouser Robbo has not laid down some advance fancy plans which will disorientate, confuse and generally fuck up our chances of winning this VERY important game
  • Options

really looking forward to this .. Nugent's last stand .. I hope that Scouser Robbo has not laid down some advance fancy plans which will disorientate, confuse and generally fuck up our chances of winning this VERY important game

I have to admit, despite so many false dawns over the decades, the thought that we have THREE players that could be expected to be on the scoresheet today given their recent performances has got me looking forward to the match a bit more.

• Options
    I fear a comprehensive defeat today.
    Hope I am very wrong.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite randomly I had a chat with Chris Wilder last night in the Marriott at Bexleyheath last night. I was pretty pissed to be honest. I asked him why he didn't take the Charlton job. His answer - "would you?" I also told him he was Charlton's best ever loan signing. So good we signed him twice - tobthat he replied "f***k me, I only played 3 games.

Top bloke.

Anyway I'll be taking the credit if we win today - I told him to double up on Crofts and Foley as they were the danger.

Did you tell him how good he was in Blazing Saddles ?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Quite randomly I had a chat with Chris Wilder last night in the Marriott at Bexleyheath last night. I was pretty pissed to be honest. I asked him why he didn't take the Charlton job. His answer - "would you?" I also told him he was Charlton's best ever loan signing. So good we signed him twice - tobthat he replied "f***k me, I only played 3 games.

Top bloke.

Anyway I'll be taking the credit if we win today - I told him to double up on Crofts and Foley as they were the danger.

Did you tell him how good he was in Blazing Saddles ?
    I did try and get him to come down the Millers in Bexley. He wasn't too keen.
  • Options
    Seen two good wins under super Kevin Nugent and here for the third in a week. Not feeling that confident but as my worst client ever was a massive blades fan, going for 2-0 - Magennis and Ajose. Love the Roland Out beanies by the way.
  • Options
    Things I don't understand.

Our prematch build up thread has 74 posts

Bladesmad has 4 posts?!

Why can't they get a proper forum?
  • Options

Charlton: Phillips, Foley, Bauer, Pearce, Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad, Lookman, Jackson, Magennis, Ajose.

Subs: Beeney, Chicksen, Botaka, Konsa, Lennon, Hanlan, Novak.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-team-news-sheffield-united-3437246.aspx#rWX3RLvjMJLs5kM0.99
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Charlton: Phillips, Foley, Bauer, Pearce, Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad, Lookman, Jackson, Magennis, Ajose.

Subs: Beeney, Chicksen, Botaka, Konsa, Lennon, Hanlan, Novak.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-team-news-sheffield-united-3437246.aspx#rWX3RLvjMJLs5kM0.99

I have a lot of man love for Jacko but even if can see that chicksen should have kept his spot after Tuesday..
  • Options

Jackson starts, ibstead of Chicksen.

Beeney on the bench,

• Options
    Chicksen must wonder what he has to do to get a regular place in the side.
  • Options
    As long as we keep 11 players on the field, we have a good chance to win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bit lacking on centre halves on the bench?
  • Options
    No Tex or Mitov
  • Options
    Remember back in Selhurst days first season played Sheff utd begining of december 2-0 Charlton Steve Thompson scored one of the goals.That match was also called as season changing Sheffield Utd falled to go up that season but Charlton did and had four seasons in top flight.
    The game today is also season changing,...........But with the owner and his side kick some how i just wish it was 1985 again...........He really is kicking the Charlton out off me.......prediction i am pissed off.