Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    At least Bury rested a few players otherwise it could have been really embarrassing?

Sounds like Oxford defensively are a shambles.
  • Options

Lets not forget as well Plymouth won last night leap frogging Oxford sending them back into the bottom four.

I am amazed they've stuck with KR - will be a battle to stay up.

Can't see signing Kashi is the answer
  • Options
    Rumour that he is after Josh Wright now.
  • Options
    Sounds an awful idea frankly. Nice for the fans don't get me wrong (Where's my money for Blackpool Away last year Karl?), but won't engender any kind of positive dressing room atmosphere, think he should be the one paying back not them. He needs take responsibility too, but as ever he's palming the responsibility off onto someone else.
  • Options

Sounds an awful idea frankly. Nice for the fans don't get me wrong (Where's my money for Blackpool Away last year Karl?), but won't engender any kind of positive dressing room atmosphere, think he should be the one paying back not them. He needs take responsibility too, but as ever he's palming the responsibility off onto someone else.
    They only took 50 though.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

101 according to the BBC - tenner for adults, so a grand in total basically, split between the 14 players.

If they added £40 a head on as a contribution towards travel costs, time taken off work, etc, then it might be something approaching a meaningful gesture. But they haven't done that, basically because the whole thing is an attempted smokescreen by a chubby Scouse chancer to deflect attention away from the fact that he's stealing a living.
    Even if they covered everything as best they could I still don't think its a good idea - again a nice gesture for the fans, and i'm sure everyones got memories of games they wish they could get refunded for due to dross performances, but that's all it is - a gesture to cover up the fact that he's doing a pretty poor job as managing HIS team.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

101 according to the BBC - tenner for adults, so a grand in total basically, split between the 14 players.

If they added £40 a head on as a contribution towards travel costs, time taken off work, etc, then it might be something approaching a meaningful gesture. But they haven't done that, basically because the whole thing is an attempted smokescreen by a chubby Scouse chancer to deflect attention away from the fact that he's stealing a living.
    Even if they covered everything as best they could I still don't think its a good idea - again a nice gesture for the fans, and i'm sure everyones got memories of games they wish they could get refunded for due to dross performances, but that's all it is - a gesture to cover up the fact that he's doing a pretty poor job as managing HIS team.
    I think it's significant that this "gesture" is of Karl's making rather than coming from the players.

I recall from our week in Hell a few years ago, when we got smashed at Huddersfield and Hull and lost to Colchester in the cup, that Jacko came out after the 5-0 Huddersfield game and said, on behalf of his teammates, that the players would be reimbursing the away support - effectively the players acknowledging that they hadn't done what they were paid to do (regardless of having the Laundry Basket Man as manager).

I am yet to see any Oxford players acknowledge that they were "a disgrace" yesterday, which leads me to think that they feel that someone else is to blame for the fact that they got tonked at Bury. So yes, definitely not going to help the atmosphere in the dressing room.

Tick tock, tick tock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember Robinson disappearing straight down the tunnel after some dreadful away defeats.
  • Options
    “You have to be a leader when things aren’t going quite right and put your head above everything and take responsibility.”

"... but it's not my fault, it's the players that are out on the pitch that are to blame" he thought to himself, in a rare moment of not spurting out whatever entered his brain.
  • Options
    Be surprised if he's at Oxford for too much longer. Abe Lincoln said "you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time - but not all of the people all of the time." 
  • Options
    ...but to be fair Oxford deserve him.
  • Options
    Takes twatspeak to a new level.
  • Options
    They're a much better team than where they are in the table. It's got to be him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will not have 4-4-2 bandied around this dressing room willy nilly
  • Options
    Used to manage a little-known player called Dele Alli...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    GRAY9 said:
    They're a much better team than where they are in the table. It's got to be him.

Someone published a league table on another thread recently which, if I recall correctly, listed teams based on the squad's estimated transfer value. It had Charlton at 9th, so we're overperforming, and Oxford 11th - suggesting that they're a full half a division below where they should be.
  • Options
    Used to manage a little-known player called Dele Alli...
    Alli's career's gone to shit since Robbo let him go.
  • Options
    Me at Bromley Addicks "what did you learn from Karl Robinson?"

Lee Bowyer "I learnt you need more than one formation"

Nuff said
    It is what it is.
  • Options
    Me at Bromley Addicks "what did you learn from Karl Robinson?"

Lee Bowyer "Be first to the after Match Buffet"

Nuff said

• Options
    Sack him Oxford! your better than that idiot 
  • Options