Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Even though we're in a higher division now, I'm still allowed to slate this verbose twunter, aren't I?

Remember the 3 games in 3 days pre-season fitness drive a couple of years ago?

Check out this interview, particularly the bit at around 38 seconds. Have I heard that right? 5 games in 6 days?! 

*don't watch the whole interview, unless you're determined to fall asleep quickly and don't mind spending the entire night having angry nightmares about a plate of jelly that won't stop talking.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/woking-reaction/

This is their pre season schedule which included a trip to Glasgow to play Rangers then 3 games in 3 days followed by a Saturday game!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Wearing a forest
  • Options
    I hope Fosu isn't going to play too much in Pre-Season as see his hamstring going else
  • Options
    I hope Fosu isn't going to play too much in Pre-Season as see his hamstring going else
    I thought it had gone already?
  • Options
    He's such a legend 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    He's such a legend 
    Don’t you mean Bellend? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The replies to that tweet sound familiar. 
  • Options
    How can we slag off the man who masterminded our 4-1 win over Northampton in Aug 2017??
  • Options
    Has signed a new three year Contract @ Oxford

Bit brave of them after the less than impressive time he's been in charge of them

Only really finished so high because it was so damned tight down there!!
  • Options
    I bet that's gone down well with the fans 
  • Options
    Has signed a new three year Contract @ Oxford

Bit brave of them after the less than impressive time he's been in charge of them

Only really finished so high because it was so damned tight down there!!
    Very surprising. He finished the season well, but that's a massive vote of confidence in him
  • Options
    Think Oxford will be play-off challenges this season, signed some decent players. 
  • Options
    Think Oxford will be play-off challenges this season, signed some decent players. 
    I thought they signed some decent players last summer!
  • Options
    If and a big if, Fosu stays fit I think Oxford have a chance of top 6 !
    Because motor mouth didn't work out at Cafc I can't see why in mediocre League 1 they can't challenge this season.
    Looking at their squad they have about 5 winger come attacking midfielders so expect the same formation he preferred at Cafc. 
    I will always be a twin striker man, think Taylor and Grant who could both alternate between wing and central striker but the Robinson system can work in a modest season. Fosu will need to mature for this to happen and make better decisions on a regular basis.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Some of you may be being too positive about where Oxford finish this season. The Not The Top Twenty pod has them finishing 17th in their league 1 preview. Oxford have lost a lot of players with most of them being their best performers from last season. Cardiff are about to sign Gavin Whyte who is arguably their most highly rated player. They’ve got a few decent players in, but they’re short in defence and up front. It seems Gobbo is doing his typical thing of signing loads of flair players, with questionable mentalities, who can play the number 10 role whilst neglecting to sign players who will go out and battle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised they haven't just given him a year extension? Is he really that important to them?
  • Options
    They have signed Sam Allardyce though. The grandson of the other one!
  • Options
    Agree. 
  • Options
    They had a good squad last season too. The problem is that KR's tactics are to limited for league 1 football
  • Options
    Some of you may be being too positive about where Oxford finish this season. The Not The Top Twenty pod has them finishing 17th in their league 1 preview. Oxford have lost a lot of players with most of them being their best performers from last season. Cardiff are about to sign Gavin Whyte who is arguably their most highly rated player. They’ve got a few decent players in, but they’re short in defence and up front. It seems Gobbo is doing his typical thing of signing loads of flair players, with questionable mentalities, who can play the number 10 role whilst neglecting to sign players who will go out and battle.
    I got a feeling that's why they've gone and signed some decent players.

Getting their business done first before they sold him (he was sold 2 days ago).
  • Options
    3 year contract! That's got to rank alongside putting Thomas Driesen in charge of player recruitment and Katrien Meire in charge of discos in Crossbars as one of the stupidest decisions ever made by a football club.

Good news for Karl though - 3 years wages for, at a guess, only 6 months of talking bollocks and passing the buck. Try not spend all of it on pies Karl. Maybe put some aside to invest in a robustly-constructed ball gag.
  • Options
    He is getting some decent players there.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Early days again but dont look like much has changed with old Robinson!!

Lost 4-2 tonight and down in 16th - Not brilliant when he was backed quite a bit in the summer

Seems Fosu started the first two games yet only got 20-mins tonight after missing the last two games
  • Options
    Great performance by Peterborough today but a home 4-0 defeat isn't good...
  • Options
    Great performance by Peterborough today but a home 4-0 defeat isn't good...
    When did Karl Robinson return to MK Franchise