Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    When discussing Robbo. 

Let's remember that he brought both Bowyer and also Gallen to the club. 
    I prefer to call him Tubby Mctalkbollocks.
    There is no doubt he is good at introducing football people (who know what the're doing) to help him.
    The issue is generally, why does he need to bring in "football" people to help him ?
    (Obviously, we need assistant managers etc).
  • Options
    4 points from first 2 games
    1 point from next 5

Think it was 14 players signed in the summer, he cant have long left
  • Options
    He stopped the rot, but he’s 4-2-3-1 made us so predictable.
  • Options
    I still like karl. He showed  a passion for the club and had to manage in some turbulent times. Of course bow has had the same problems and performed better, but that's due to bowyers brilliance more than robbos innadaquces imo. Robbo did some good things and I would clap him if I saw him. Much preferable to Slade and Fraeye
    Same here ... as long as he's at a different club to ours.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    When discussing Robbo. 

Let's remember that he brought both Bowyer and also Gallen to the club. 
    I prefer to call him Tubby Mctalkbollocks.
    There is no doubt he is good at introducing football people (who know what the're doing) to help him.
    The issue is generally, why does he need to bring in "football" people to help him ?
    (Obviously, we need assistant managers etc).
    I don't disagree with you.

I would not want him to return as manager. 

Who amongst us would have predicted Bowyer to be the manager he is? I remember when Robinson left the majority here wanted JJ as the boss. Robinson deserves some credit for bringing him in.

Plus Steve Gallen who in my opinion is the best talent spotter we have had since the Premier League era. 
  • Options
    Ken Craggs brought Lennie Lawrence.

That Bowyer and Gallen have done so well without Tarbuck tells us all we need to know about his management abilities.
    Actually Lennie was around when Mullery was manager so either him or even Mike Bailey possibly brought him (Lennie) in.
  • Options
    Masterminded a terrific nil nil draw away at rudderless Bolton earlier...
  • Options
    Terrible result for Oxford, considering Bolton let in 6 on Saturday and have a team made up of unfit rejects from other clubs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible result for Oxford, considering Bolton let in 6 on Saturday and have a team made up of unfit rejects from other clubs
    Even worse considering Bolton had conceded 5 or more goals in their last 3 matches prior to playing Oxford.

I know a few Oxford fans and they want Robinson gone now. They're criticisms of him are very familiar to those we were making: tactically inflexibale, talks too much sh*t, never his fault when they lose.

Yet, Robinson won't be sacked anytime soon, as he signed a new 3 year contract in the summer.
  • Options
    Even worse considering Bolton had conceded 5 or more goals in their last 3 matches prior to playing Oxford.

I know a few Oxford fans and they want Robinson gone now. They're criticisms of him are very familiar to those we were making: tactically inflexibale, talks too much sh*t, never his fault when they lose.

Yet, Robinson won't be sacked anytime soon, as he signed a new 3 year contract in the summer.
    If Oxford flounder around the bottom six he won't see the season out.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I think he’s fairly decent at spotting players but his arrogance and lack of any tactical awareness stop him being any good 
    Just like me then.
  • Options
    KR seems an ideal candidate for punditry on TalkSport.
  • Options
    KR seems an ideal candidate for punditry on TalkSport.
    Talk shite would be perfect for him
  • Options
    Big result for the Micky mouser and hatrick for tariq 
    8 points from relegation and 4 from the play offs sitting in 12th but have played 1 or 2 more games than a few others and 3 more than Pompey 
  • Options
    To be fair it was a great win for them yesterday whatever way you look at it. They do also have some excellent attacking players for League One so ought to do well as the season progresses.

Sunderland’s draw at Bolton yesterday also doesn’t make Oxford’s look so bad now either. Especially the way Sunderland just got away with it. Jack Ross can’t have long, never believed he was a good manager. Think they’ve drawn 1-1 thirteen times this calendar year in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win for Oxford, but doesn't bode well for Lincoln without the Cowley's.
  • Options
    Was at the Lincoln game yesterday. They were awful and losing the Cowleys looks like it will be really hurt them. They made Oxford look like Man City! Fosu was a handful and took his goals really well. Robinson was just in front of me and was his usual vocal self... Yesterday he was even more smug than usual. He tried to hide it but I could tell!!! Special shout to the Lincoln supporters who sang their hearts out for 90 minutes under dire circumstances.
  • Options
    Michael Gray
  • Options
    Was at the Lincoln game yesterday. They were awful and losing the Cowleys looks like it will be really hurt them. They made Oxford look like Man City! Fosu was a handful and took his goals really well. Robinson was just in front of me and was his usual vocal self... Yesterday he was even more smug than usual. He tried to hide it but I could tell!!! Special shout to the Lincoln supporters who sang their hearts out for 90 minutes under dire circumstances.
    Fosu seems to be quite a patchy player, as he'll have periods when he plays really well and scores regularly, then he'll have bad periods. I remember his brilliant hattrick at Fleetwood 2 years ago for example
  • Options
    Maybe I am missing something...

I do not get this fixation with Karl on here?

He wasn’t great, was one dimensional, talked utter shite and he left us to go to the mighty Oxford.

• Options
    5 wins 1 draw 1 loss 
    manager of the month possibly 
    another big win yesterday ,  has he sneaked in a new sidekick 
    still only 10th , 4 points outside the play offs , 11 points from relegation  
  • Options
    I'm not surprised by this. He always has a good run in him. When things come together he has the right players fit and firing and his system works his side generally go on a good run. 

It's when things start to breakdown, players get injured or lose form, other teams work out how to counter his system etc. That he doesn't have the answer. 

He's a manager of massive peaks and troughs in results. 
    This is spot on. A very streaky manager whose sides tend to either be on fire or horribly cold hence as he struggles to change things up when not going to plan.
  • Options
    I'm not surprised by this. He always has a good run in him. When things come together he has the right players fit and firing and his system works his side generally go on a good run. 

It's when things start to breakdown, players get injured or lose form, other teams work out how to counter his system etc. That he doesn't have the answer. 

He's a manager of massive peaks and troughs in results. 
    Agreed, there were some excellent performances under Robinson as well as some frustrating ones.