Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    SE23 said:

Nicholas said:

Goodbye Robinson, you was warned before you took the job on how much of a shambles the club is, however like the all the other crap managers before you, you thought you could be a hero and do the unthinkable. We told you about Roland and Meire but straight away you came in telling us how wonderful they were. You are just like them a Liar and a failure.

You spouted so much crap, you told us what a wonderful squad we had, you told us we were going to have one of the fittest teams in the division especially when you tried to justify playing 3 games in 3 days when losing to some irish pub side. You played the same formation week in week out even though it went stale about 5 months ago. You told us we would be challenging for promotion.

As much as I have disliked you, especially because your a big mouth who talk's crap, now's your chance to redeem yourself by talking publicly about what a shambles the club is and how much of a disgrace the Rat is. I have a feeling you wont, no doubt you have sold yourself and everyone out and wont say anything as you have been given a little payoff to keep shut. If you keep quiet now your a disgrace of a man and I hope you go on to have a shit career in football like Russel Slade.

p.s. I look forward to your interview bouncing around like a school girl telling everyone what a big club Oxford is and how could anyone refuse to manage a team with a quarter of the ground missing and a bowling alley right outside.

The grammar is terrible in this post. What are you trying to say? Who is/are us? When did he tell us this? Yeah change formation Karl, who else would play up front in a two other than an unfit winger from Wolves and a bloke that did not get a game at Bury whom is probably just as unfit! Do you think Karl singled out unfit players to sign? Of course not. He would of wanted more strikers as much of the rest of 'us'. Good luck Karl, you may may of failed but I believed you were Charlton while here. GOOD LUCK ON THE FUTURE!
    satsuma27 said:

He had a difficult job, but I believe our squad should be performing much better then it is. I think he thinks he's cleverer then he really is.

He definitely does. You couldn't spend your life contradicting yourself, if you are clever.
  • Options

Top post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:
    He got one every month.
    I wouldn't even rate in the top 5 of Rolands Charlton coaches.
    Exactly - he should refund the club last months pay for the crap he churned out.

Anyway, he has gone now.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SE23 said:

Nicholas said:

Goodbye Robinson, you was warned before you took the job on how much of a shambles the club is, however like the all the other crap managers before you, you thought you could be a hero and do the unthinkable. We told you about Roland and Meire but straight away you came in telling us how wonderful they were. You are just like them a Liar and a failure.

You spouted so much crap, you told us what a wonderful squad we had, you told us we were going to have one of the fittest teams in the division especially when you tried to justify playing 3 games in 3 days when losing to some irish pub side. You played the same formation week in week out even though it went stale about 5 months ago. You told us we would be challenging for promotion.

As much as I have disliked you, especially because your a big mouth who talk's crap, now's your chance to redeem yourself by talking publicly about what a shambles the club is and how much of a disgrace the Rat is. I have a feeling you wont, no doubt you have sold yourself and everyone out and wont say anything as you have been given a little payoff to keep shut. If you keep quiet now your a disgrace of a man and I hope you go on to have a shit career in football like Russel Slade.

p.s. I look forward to your interview bouncing around like a school girl telling everyone what a big club Oxford is and how could anyone refuse to manage a team with a quarter of the ground missing and a bowling alley right outside.

The grammar is terrible in this post. What are you trying to say? Who is/are us? When did he tell us this? Yeah change formation Karl, who else would play up front in a two other than an unfit winger from Wolves and a bloke that did not get a game at Bury whom is probably just as unfit! Do you think Karl singled out unfit players to sign? Of course not. He would of wanted more strikers as much of the rest of 'us'. Good luck Karl, you may may of failed but I believed you were Charlton while here. GOOD LUCK ON THE FUTURE!
    *Should be who not whom - Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with “he”' or “'she,” use who. If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom.

*Repetition of may
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I genuinely wish Robinson all the best. There is no doubt RD shafted him along with everyone else, but if you invite yourself to the party and bend over you can expect little sympathy from me.

I thank him for all he did and believe he could have been successful if he had been more flexible with his tactics and had vastly reduced his non stop verbal nonsense and contradictions.

However, it's difficult to talk less, when the club have put you forward as the spokesman.

When all's said and done we are what we are and I can't see Robinson changing.

I think he will continue to spout arrogant nonsense for the rest of his career/life and I don't expect him to change his tactics anytime soon, because he will have to admit he couldn't make them work.

Bon chance Karl.
  • Options

Definitely a L1 Alan Pardew - shit manager who keeps getting work. Surprised by how many are taken in by him.

The thing is his career win record currently sits at 41%, which is probably a little above average for a manager of his level. I'm sure plenty of employers will see that and see him as a safeish pair of hands.
  • Options
    No wonder he got on so well with Katrien.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

A lot of arse kissing of Robinson for being a decent guy and a real straight talker from people that belittled Parkinson for being a decent guy, he was better than any of Powell's replacements.

I know this is a move on moment, but at least Parky tried different things and was willing to talk openly and honestly when I spoke to him.

I'm not sure Karl has ever been completely honest.

I never belittled Parkinson for it, I always felt it was an admirable quality in him. I feel the same about Robinson, and that's not me "kissing his arse" (what would I stand to gain from that anyway?) it's my honest opinion of him.

Who knows what will happen next, but my gut feeling is this will not prove the massive boost to our fortunes many believe it will. Under Robinson we had two very poor spells of form, sandwiching a period in which we played some nice football and got some good results. In fact, around October when the idea of a takeover first got mooted the prevailing opinion on here, whilst not unanimous, was that any new owners should keep Robinson on as manager as we were moving in the right direction. Things have of course stalled badly since then, but injuries over Christmas and the increasing take over speculation and general lack of leadership at the club did not help, they simply cannot have done.

He's a marmite personality for sure and I think a lot of people nailed their colours to the mast with him too early. Those who took an early dislike have been waiting for the chance to say I told you so and are now out in force with unnecessarily personal and disrespectful posts. Those who took an early shine have perhaps been too willing to cut him slack when certain failings in his character and managerial style have been there for all to see for a while now.

Overall he has not been a success as the clear stated aim was promotion and that, while not completely ruled out, does not look at all likely right now. But at the same time this idea he's been an absolute disaster is over stating things. We're basically back to where we started with him, perhaps with a few better players in the squad, but still unbalanced and lacking certain key things like a goalscorer and some more players able to 'mix it'. But any commentary about KR's time here has to have a footnote about the shambolic environment he's been working in, especially since all this takeover speculation started and Roland's Rats started deserting the sinking ship. There are managers, especially the kind Roland has been minded to appoint, that could and probably would have done worse in that setting. It is certainly not an ideal environment for two new managers in Bowyer and Jackson to be cutting their teeth.

I don't get the hatred some seem to have for him, his crimes seem to be tactical inflexibility, a bit loose lipped sometimes, not bad mouthing his employer enough (like I'm sure everyone on here consistently does in public about their boss), and being Scouse. All hardly the crimes of the century, and he has consistently said good things about the club and the fans (I believe that statement from today is genuinely what he thinks about the club) and has worked hard to try and understand the club and improve it. So he failed on the improving bit, well, again, not grounds for hate in my book. He's not been negligent in his duties like certain former managers and risked running the whole club into the ground through his mismanagement. He came in with a plan, made some promises, and it didn't work out, that's life/football sometimes. Maybe if he was a bit more savvy he wouldn't have over promised, but he's a young enthusiastic guy, so again, forgivable mistakes in my eyes.

I'm sad it didn't work out, if he could have made his preferred style work consistently we could have been in for an exciting few years. But in the light of it's overall ineffectiveness and his seeming inability to change it up, I'm not too sad to see him go. He seems a decent enough bloke though so I certainly wish him no ill will. He's in the Luzon/Peeters category for me. Above Pardew and Dowie, but below Parkinson.
    Very good summary that and reflects the way I feel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Definitely a L1 Alan Pardew - shit manager who keeps getting work. Surprised by how many are taken in by him.

The thing is his career win record currently sits at 41%, which is probably a little above average for a manager of his level. I'm sure plenty of employers will see that and see him as a safeish pair of hands.
    Stats don't really mean much unless you look a little deeper. If you have a half decent squad and your win rate is only 41% it doesn't mean much in L1.

If you want impressive look at Accrington Stanley heading up L2 on a miniscule budget.
  • Options
    I dont think KR was a bad person, but i dont think he will ever be a great manager.
    like most 051ERS he gobs off with little thought for what he is saying.

without question he knew he was moving to OXFORD shortly after we lost 2-3 to them.
    i do not think he will ever get them promoted in a hurry OR would have got us promoted.

I can remember an interview with the man who should have been our manager Chris Wilder,
    saying how we could not understand why a team like Charlton was not in the Top two of the Table.

I look forward to the rest of this season and i think that LEE and J J will do as good a job as anyone under the present circumstances.
    I think ALL proper Charlton fans should get behind these two Guys and give them 100% support.
    I also think that we have far better potential players than 90% of this League and should be able to Beat Plymouth of Saturday.(tomorrow).

COME ON YOU REDS !!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Why would he get a payout? I've always said if you quit when you have a contract you would have to pay compensation, not the other way round. It suited some people to say he was after a payout, mentioning no names ;-) He wasn't after a payout. The delay was Oxford probably not wanting to pay Roland compensation.
  • Options
    See above. Honestly, what are you like? lol.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

I dont think KR was a bad person, but i dont think he will ever be a great manager.
    like most 051ERS he gobs off with little thought for what he is saying.

without question he knew he was moving to OXFORD shortly after we lost 2-3 to them.
    i do not think he will ever get them promoted in a hurry OR would have got us promoted.

I can remember an interview with the man who should have been our manager Chris Wilder,
    saying how we could not understand why a team like Charlton was not in the Top two of the Table

I look forward to the rest of this season and i think that LEE and J J will do as good a job as anyone under the present circumstances.
    I think ALL proper Charlton fans should get behind these two Guys and give them 100% support.
    I also think that we have far better potential players than 90% of this League and should be able to Beat Plymouth of Saturday.(tomorrow).

COME ON YOU REDS !!

So another manager who doesn't know much about Roland Duchatelet. Or maybe that was what he meant?

• Options
    Worse than both Riga and Luzon... Ciao, you won't be missed. Didnt want him when we got him, said as much and got slated for it
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:
    Why would he get a payout? I've always said if you quit when you have a contract you would have to pay compensation, not the other way round. It suited some people to say he was after a payout, mentioning no names ;-) He wasn't after a payout. The delay was Oxford probably not wanting to pay Roland compensation.
    @JamesSeed he also said he wasn't interested in the Oxford job.

Why do you swallow any of his spin let along all of it, hook, line and sinker.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

A lot of arse kissing of Robinson for being a decent guy and a real straight talker from people that belittled Parkinson for being a decent guy, he was better than any of Powell's replacements.

I know this is a move on moment, but at least Parky tried different things and was willing to talk openly and honestly when I spoke to him.

I'm not sure Karl has ever been completely honest.

I never belittled Parkinson for it, I always felt it was an admirable quality in him. I feel the same about Robinson, and that's not me "kissing his arse" (what would I stand to gain from that anyway?) it's my honest opinion of him.

Who knows what will happen next, but my gut feeling is this will not prove the massive boost to our fortunes many believe it will. Under Robinson we had two very poor spells of form, sandwiching a period in which we played some nice football and got some good results. In fact, around October when the idea of a takeover first got mooted the prevailing opinion on here, whilst not unanimous, was that any new owners should keep Robinson on as manager as we were moving in the right direction. Things have of course stalled badly since then, but injuries over Christmas and the increasing take over speculation and general lack of leadership at the club did not help, they simply cannot have done.

He's a marmite personality for sure and I think a lot of people nailed their colours to the mast with him too early. Those who took an early dislike have been waiting for the chance to say I told you so and are now out in force with unnecessarily personal and disrespectful posts. Those who took an early shine have perhaps been too willing to cut him slack when certain failings in his character and managerial style have been there for all to see for a while now.

Overall he has not been a success as the clear stated aim was promotion and that, while not completely ruled out, does not look at all likely right now. But at the same time this idea he's been an absolute disaster is over stating things. We're basically back to where we started with him, perhaps with a few better players in the squad, but still unbalanced and lacking certain key things like a goalscorer and some more players able to 'mix it'. But any commentary about KR's time here has to have a footnote about the shambolic environment he's been working in, especially since all this takeover speculation started and Roland's Rats started deserting the sinking ship. There are managers, especially the kind Roland has been minded to appoint, that could and probably would have done worse in that setting. It is certainly not an ideal environment for two new managers in Bowyer and Jackson to be cutting their teeth.

I don't get the hatred some seem to have for him, his crimes seem to be tactical inflexibility, a bit loose lipped sometimes, not bad mouthing his employer enough (like I'm sure everyone on here consistently does in public about their boss), and being Scouse. All hardly the crimes of the century, and he has consistently said good things about the club and the fans (I believe that statement from today is genuinely what he thinks about the club) and has worked hard to try and understand the club and improve it. So he failed on the improving bit, well, again, not grounds for hate in my book. He's not been negligent in his duties like certain former managers and risked running the whole club into the ground through his mismanagement. He came in with a plan, made some promises, and it didn't work out, that's life/football sometimes. Maybe if he was a bit more savvy he wouldn't have over promised, but he's a young enthusiastic guy, so again, forgivable mistakes in my eyes.

I'm sad it didn't work out, if he could have made his preferred style work consistently we could have been in for an exciting few years. But in the light of it's overall ineffectiveness and his seeming inability to change it up, I'm not too sad to see him go. He seems a decent enough bloke though so I certainly wish him no ill will. He's in the Luzon/Peeters category for me. Above Pardew and Dowie, but below Parkinson.
    Very good summary that and reflects the way I feel.
    Me too.
    Fake news. You know he would have been liable to pay compensation for breach of contract, right? Bit odd to keep plugging the 'he wanted a payoff' line'.
    If you had a job and another one came along, you think you could go to your boss and ask for compensation? No, your boss would say 'work your three months notice period, or pay compensation to get out of your contract'. Basic employment law, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:
    @JamesSeed he also said he wasn't interested in the Oxford job.

Why do you swallow any of his spin let along all of it, hook, line and sinker.
    See above. It's basic stuff Ben.
    Also, as you've said, Move on.