Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rum. And where to get it.

Comments

• Options
    You lot clearly haven't tasted Legendario, coke and a big slice of orange. I pity you!
  • Options
    iainment said:

I got a bottle of Kraken in the end.

I hope he likes it . I reckon he will .
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Another vote for Kraken. Also, Bacardi spiced rum is really good,

Two lols for this? The man bought kraken
    So ya'll can fill ma "kraken" with your feeble pursed lips ;)
  • Options
    Got some Appleton signature blend in Asda today (£15), going to give it a go over the weekend
  • Options
    My daughter-in-law's father tells me the best rum comes from Trinidad, but then so does he!
  • Options
    Just got a couple from https://www.englishspirit.uk the old salt rum won best rum in the world 2014, and is immaculate. The spiced rum isn't bad either.
  • Options
    Rumfest this Saturday... Assuming public transport isn't going to be in meltdown, it is going to be a pissup par excellence.

I had better leave my credit cards at home.
  • Options
    If you can get it try bounty
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Rumfest this Saturday... Assuming public transport isn't going to be in meltdown, it is going to be a pissup par excellence.

Where, when, how much?!
  • Options
    Try it with Ribena
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe I missed this thread. Personal favourite is the 18 year old Flor de Cana from Nicaragua. Recommended and brought back for me by Charlton's own 'Mexico City Vic.' The boy has been out in South America for twenty years and knows what he's talking about with rum. He swears Nicaraguan rum is considered the best. It's £50 a bottle but worth it in my opinion given how much smoother it is than shorter vintages. 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    McBobbin said:

Where, when, how much?!
    This weekend, info here https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/earls-court/ilec-conference-centre-earls-court/the-uk-rumfest-2019/2019-10-19/12:00/t-dxvoyq
  • Options
    The Sunday is a bit cheeper... Mind you even at £47.50 for the Saturday I'll be getting my money's worth!
  • Options
    For that money I'll just get myself a couple of bottles and have a private tasting :joy:
  • Options
    Fair do's I've convinced myself it will be a classy afternoon in refined company, except it will be more like black Friday in a Glaswegian off license
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Fair do's I've convinced myself it will be a classy afternoon in refined company, except it will be more like black Friday in a Glaswegian Bajan off license

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Wray @ Nephew from Jamaica .. white rum .. THE best ..  but not if you like the thicker Navy Rums .. like most stuff, available on Amazon
  • Options
    Wray @ Nephew from Jamaica .. white rum .. THE best ..  but not if you like the thicker Navy Rums .. like most stuff, available on Amazon
    Very popular with Jamaicans in the uk

Best taken with loads of ice and coca cola also best to take standing up so you know when to fall over gracefully 

And ..no relation! 
  • Options
    This Rumfest is Mecca. But an alcoholic version obviously. Must have had 20-30 by now... Hic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thinking of getting a 12 year old Dorleys as a thank you present for someone, as it was suggested as a good rum, any thoughts, I’m not a rum drinker.
  • Options
    Doorly's 12 is a great sipping rum and one of the best in that price range IMO
  • Options
    I have a rum advent calendar... And it's a boss
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Not a rum drinker myself by the Mrs like Appleton’s Estate. 
  • Options
    El Dorado 15 and Mount Gay XO are both fairly common and rather nice.
    Not really a fan of spiced rum, I find it too sweet and unpleasant to drink neat.
  • Options
    Wray and Nephew's overproof rums single purpose is to add a little bite to cocktails.

It is firewater, reminds me of grain spirit.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Wray and Nephew's overproof rums single purpose is to add a little bite to cocktails.

It is firewater, reminds me of grain spirit.
    Wray & Nephew can also be used to strip paint from window cills and if necessary as aviation fuel.
  • Options
    Yes mentioned this earlier in the thread ..impossible to drink neat..but lots of ice and coke will turn it into a lovely drink 

And I ought to know
  • Options

• Options
    If anybody has a bottle of this tucked away or check with grandparents. This was imported through Tate & Lyle in the sixties and a bottle went for £2700 the other day.