Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rum. And where to get it.

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    ASDA Dark Rum - ASDA Groceries
  • Options
    As a cheap cupboard filler, the Asda spiced rum is surprisingly good IMO
  • Options
    Brought a bottle back from Antigua a couple of years ago, lovely drop of rum
  • Options
    Appleton’s rum from cheapest to most expensive is very good quality. 
  • Options
    has anyone ever had mamajuana, made with rum, red wine, honey and soaked in tree bark and herbs
  • Options
    Brought a bottle back from Antigua a couple of years ago, lovely drop of rum
    What did you have Mike? I brought a bottle of English Harbour back from Antigua about a decade ago - it's long gone now but I've kept the empty bottle to remind me to buy it again if I ever get the chance. Very nice stuff, I wish I'd savoured it a bit more, rather than just demolishing it within a fortnight of getting home!

Due to go to Jamaica next month, hoping to find a couple of obscure ones to try, as well as pickling my liver with various versions of Appleton.
  • Options
    This page needs more love. Plantation pineapple rum... Majestic
  • Options
    This one?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    This page needs more love. Plantation pineapple rum... Majestic
    It's absolutely filthy, try it in a daiquiri with 25 lime and 15 sugar. For 4 years straight it was my go to drink in the cocktail bar that I managed whenever people were like "and one for yourself"
  • Options
    Anyway for decent rum, it all depends on what you want from it. Diplomatico is a great sipping rum if you like things in the sweeter spectrum. Flor de cana is also great, or for a punchier line of rum look no further than Doorlys of Barbados. Mount Gay also from Barbados as an exceptional entry level rum. Anything from El Dorado is not to be sniffed at, again on the sweeter side but the depth of flavour is almost second to none. If Agricole/Vegetal rum is more your flavour, Clairin and Clement boast amazing rums with that earthy, funky flavour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    English Harbour for me, notes of cherry and coconut yum !. Doorlys is also highly recommended, person I worked with years ago was brought up on Barbados had an uncle that swore by it as regardless of quantity he never got a hangover !!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyway for decent rum, it all depends on what you want from it. Diplomatico is a great sipping rum if you like things in the sweeter spectrum. Flor de cana is also great, or for a punchier line of rum look no further than Doorlys of Barbados. Mount Gay also from Barbados as an exceptional entry level rum. Anything from El Dorado is not to be sniffed at, again on the sweeter side but the depth of flavour is almost second to none. If Agricole/Vegetal rum is more your flavour, Clairin and Clement boast amazing rums with that earthy, funky flavour.
    Some ok suggestions but Ron zacapa 23yr is my go to without getting too expensive, always found the 'Caribbean' rums good value but not enough complexity, even the really aged stuff.
  • Options
    Had a bottle of Duppy Share white recently. Was pleasantly surprised. 
  • Options
    Diplomatico too sweet for me. Doorlys is a good shout, had a couple of those. Just finished my bottle of "Ranulph fiennes" rum. Not bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cockspur is readily available on the high street…..but saying that, it’s a lovely drop of stuff…..probably sacrilege to you Rum aficionados but it’s great with ice and ginger beer to taste. 🥳