Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Jimmy Seed Sign

13»

Comments

• Options
    It's not our job to design it. It's not her job to find the funding. The job is to liaise with fans and point things out to the club. This is what we did.
  • Options
    Oh stop it, all of you, for Christs sake!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's not our job to design it. It's not her job to find the funding. The job is to liaise with fans and point things out to the club. This is what we did.

So whose job is it to maintain The Valley..??
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Swisdom said:

So what do you actually do? What you just described is the Fans Forum. You were meant to be a business development group?

Other than claim that "I am really happy that Target 20K had a level of engagement with the club" that is?

As for being jealous, some of us have been campaigning about the Jimmy Seed Stand for decades

In case you are wondering that's me and @jdmotion on the pitch when the stand was rededicated in the 90s. Yeah, I'm so jealous that Meire asked you to join T20K.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Swisdom said:

So whose job is it to maintain The Valley..??
    Guy Luzon?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

So what do you actually do? What you just described is the Fans Forum. You were meant to be a business development group?

Other than claim that "I am really happy that Target 20K had a level of engagement with the club" that is?

As for being jealous, some of us have been campaigning about the Jimmy Seed Stand for decades

In case you are wondering that's me and @jdmotion on the pitch when the stand was rededicated in the 90s. Yeah, I'm so jealous that Meire asked you to be her stooge.
    Cool. I'm just glad it got done. I'm not looking for a pat on the back and I'm nobody's stooge - just a fan, like you.

• Options
    No expense spent, cheap bastards, the lettering isn't even square and the background already looks faded.
    We know the regime doesn't give a fuck for anything pre-2011 in some kind of new-creationist dogma and this is precisely the kind of transparent lip-service they are committed to.
    If it's worth doing, do it well.
    There are, I suppose, two things at which KM and her toadies are keen to maintain their standards: mugging us off and underestimating us. Hateful and moronic at the same time, a winning combination.
  • Options
    Not sure who designed it, but in desperate need of some extra tracking between those letters. Case in point, the original Jimmy Seed sign above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

In case you are wondering that's me and @jdmotion on the pitch when the stand was rededicated in the 90s. Yeah, I'm so jealous that Meire asked you to be her stooge.
    Cool. I'm just glad it got done. I'm not looking for a pat on the back and I'm nobody's stooge - just a fan, like you.

We're both fans and I know we both want the best for the club.

Don't blame you for sticking up for T20k but the "jealous" dig was a cheap shot that sounds like something someone else has said to you to try and dismiss my opposition. As shown its been something I've been involved with and committed to for a long while.

Then again, the stooge remark was OTT too so I apologise
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Jimmys grandson is happy with it on Twitter

He came up with a design himself - don't know if it was just like this but it looks familiar

I had nothing to do with the design in the end.
    Happy enough with the end result, but I studied typography at college and I might have increased the letter spacing a gnats. I'm not complaining though.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Swisdom said:

He came up with a design himself - don't know if it was just like this but it looks familiar

Happy enough with the end result, but I studied typography at college and I might have increased the letter spacing a gnats. I'm not complaining though.
    And a typeface other than Helvetica would have been a nice touch, something from that era.
  • Options
    Nug said:

jdmotion said:

Swisdom said:

And a typeface other than Helvetica would have been a nice touch, something from that era.
    My son-in-law is a designer and knocked up a design using the typeface from the old programmes.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Nug said:

jdmotion said:

Swisdom said:

My son-in-law is a designer and knocked up a design using the typeface from the old programmes.
    Be interested in seeing that.
  • Options
    Well we noticed it had been repainted and while it didn't look like a very good effort, it looked fine Nd in the end was fine without fanfare.

It's a partial plus from us.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Nice one ginge! :wink:
  • Options
    Unfortunately comments to the effect that they don't need our money, and other failures to engage with fans groups that aren't appointees of the club, make anything like this appear to be disingenuous attempts at faking engagement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

Unfortunately comments to the effect that they don't need our money, and other failures to engage with fans groups that aren't appointees of the club, make anything like this appear to be disingenuous attempts at faking engagement.

Tbh Olly Groom told me that he was behind the scenes getting it off the ground (literally) once the issue was raised on Twitter by myself and the museum - I'm not sure the SMT types were that inolved by the sounds of it. Apart from to ok the project.
  • Options
    I'm glad it had been done to your satisfaction @jdmotion , and well done @Ollywozere for running with this.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Swisdom said:

Nice one ginge! :wink:
    Always a red
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Oh, and one small regret: I wasn't really active on CL when asking for feedback/suggestions for the sign on Twitter. Had I been I would have requested feeback here. Would have been possible to have a more detailed discussion, and @nug (a typographer) could have had some input. Still, pleased anyway.

My next dream is to have a statue of JS, near Sam's, like a matching pair. They were quite a double act. How often do you get a player and a manager both serving the same club, for nearly a quarter of a century, at the same time?

I'm just reading the book. Amazing, could be a different game on a different planet. JS's sadness following his departure comes through despite his bravery on the first morning he woke and had nowhere to go. Being asked to complete the transfer he was working on can be seen as cruel or kind. All that said, what a great read.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Very Good. Although it does looks a bit wonky.

Hadn't noticed that. Looked ok from Upper West.
    That's because we are all wonky in the Upper West.