Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

january targets'

2»

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:

To be honest, I couldn't give two hoots about who we bring in this January.

But bothered enough to open a thread titled January targets and still comment lol.

• Options
    cazo said:

We should go for bible of Grimsby looks a good player scores every week.

a wing(er) and a prayer sounds about right
  • Options

I suspect Robbo will have £1-2m to spend. In no special order but mainly mf.

Josh Morris
    Rohan Ince
    Jason Poleon
    Tom Adeyemi
    Alex Pritchard
    Greg Tansey
    Nadir Ciftci (yes but as a striker)
    Yoni Buyens

Really? Maybe I have been whooshed. Can't imagine he will have anywhere near that amount to spend.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lookman goes with potential loan back (money invested in Roland's piggy bank) and much talk about need of 3-4 players leading to 3 players leaving/not having contracted renewed (Foley, Rudd, Johnson) and maybe 1 coming in (Johnson resigns 2 weeks after leaving).

Got to get a couple of midfielders in if we are going to be in with a change of making the playoffs.
  • Options

Josh Morris
    Rohan Ince
    Jason Poleon
    Tom Adeyemi
    Alex Pritchard
    Greg Tansey
    Yoni Buyens

LOL!!!... Thank you for this post it certainly made me smile.

Josh Morris shouldnt even be in this League come February whilst Alex Pritchard??? He only joined Norwich in the summer for a reportedly £8m!!
  • Options

Josh Morris
    Rohan Ince
    Jason Poleon
    Tom Adeyemi
    Alex Pritchard
    Greg Tansey
    Yoni Buyens

LOL!!!... Thank you for this post it certainly made me smile.

Josh Morris shouldnt even be in this League come February whilst Alex Pritchard??? He only joined Norwich in the summer for a reportedly £8m!!
    Thanks for the heads up. Only played 4x for them so I'll save him for my 2018 list.
  • Options
    Darren Purse.
  • Options

Carruthers of MK Dons .. got a rep as a naughty boy but is a very hard working midfielder .. drawback ? : rarely scores

That's more frequently than our current crop, with the honourable exception of a certain Mr J "Where did my legs go?" Jackson who I believe is officially classified as 'infrequently scores'.
  • Options

Josh Morris
    Rohan Ince
    Jason Poleon
    Tom Adeyemi
    Alex Pritchard
    Greg Tansey
    Yoni Buyens

I've only heard of Yoni out of that lot. Signing Nadir would be a new low.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance getting Morris, Adeyemi, Pritchard, Buyens or Ciftci.

Really don't want another defensive midfielder with Ince. Dominic Poleon is a better athlete than footballer, a poor mans Magennis.
  • Options
    OK maybe Morris and Pritchard are out of our league but others not getting much game time. Ince more than a DM.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Dean Bowditch would be nice to nick... Chuck him in the hole with a defensive midfielder
  • Options

Samuelson returned to Wet Spam from Blackburn through lack of game time.
    Would be good loan signing .

He is exactly what we need.
  • Options
    I suspect Robbo will have nothing to spend in January and any sales will offset the some of the losses.
  • Options
    If Robinson doesn't have a green light to make a few signings I doubt he would have joined.

You couldn't even roll our midfield in glitter.
  • Options

I suspect Robbo will have nothing to spend in January and any sales will offset the some of the losses.

I can't imagine Roland spent a large 6 figure sum to get rid of Slade for mediocre results, and not back the new man with funds to get us up.
  • Options

Josh Morris
    Rohan Ince
    Jason Poleon
    Tom Adeyemi
    Alex Pritchard
    Greg Tansey
    Yoni Buyens

You know Jason Poleon - his names Dominic :wink:
  • Options

I can't imagine Roland spent a large 6 figure sum to get rid of Slade for mediocre results, and not back the new man with funds to get us up.

Yes. Bad planning like that would unthinkable in a man of his probity.
  • Options

If Robinson doesn't have a green light to make a few signings I doubt he would have joined.

You couldn't even roll our midfield in glitter.

Not unless his boss has told him lies...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The level we're at, a half decent midfielder with energy and drive shouldn't cost a fortune anyway
  • Options
    I notice that Yoni is on loan at Westerlo from Gent.
  • Options
    The January window is different to the Summer one in that key games are going on around it. We need to do the business as quickly as possible. Despite what feels like a poor return to League One, we are only 2 points of the play offs with a game in hand on most teams. If we strengthen we will have a real shot at a quick return.
  • Options

The January window is different to the Summer one in that key games are going on around it. We need to do the business as quickly as possible. Despite what feels like a poor return to League One, we are only 2 points of the play offs with a game in hand on most teams. If we strengthen we will have a real shot at a quick return.

If that's the case, thank fuck we have our ace team on it!