Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The British press doesn't give a toss about Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options

Curb_It said:

Complete wind up.

Its not a wind up - I'm just saying if we were a Premiership club we would have been plastered all over the back and front pages with what's going on. I have been stunned at how ignorant and lazy a lot of journos are and how easily they've been taken in by RD and KM.

Football in this country is in a huge mess and we typify that yet unless its in the Prem it barely gets a mention. We have certainly had a lot of coverage for a third tier club but given what's gone on and the wider implications for football it should have been a lot more.

CARD have done a fantastic job to raise our profile yet I remain disappointed with the attitude of the National press.
    What Like Hull???
    Basket case club, whom we have had more attention than.
    I wish we were in as much trouble as Hull, struggling along in the premier league and the league cup semis
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Complete wind up.

Its not a wind up - I'm just saying if we were a Premiership club we would have been plastered all over the back and front pages with what's going on. I have been stunned at how ignorant and lazy a lot of journos are and how easily they've been taken in by RD and KM.

Football in this country is in a huge mess and we typify that yet unless its in the Prem it barely gets a mention. We have certainly had a lot of coverage for a third tier club but given what's gone on and the wider implications for football it should have been a lot more.

CARD have done a fantastic job to raise our profile yet I remain disappointed with the attitude of the National press.
    What Like Hull???
    Basket case club, whom we have had more attention than.
    I wish we were in as much trouble as Hull, struggling along in the premier league and the league cup semis
    No need to get that excited wishing we were like Hull...
  • Options

You must be joking.

Over the past 12 months we are the most discussed third tier club in the world.

Millwall basically need to invade France 60-handed, overthrow the government with arms-wide "come-on-then's" and bleed their eardrums with "meeeeers" wearing their flat caps to even think about addressing the situation

Like to see em try
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Complete wind up.

I can't buy that (not the CARD bit). What more really can they do for us. They have to be impartial (to an extent) as well. I think some of them have been very good. A slot on ITN for example
  • Options
    I think we've had good coverage thanks to the amazing fans of ours that force the press to continue talking about us. Obviously we're not going to be on the back pages all the time being a third tier club, but they've not been quiet about our situation. I imagine fans of other clubs that are in the shit are probably a bit miffed their team hasn't had the coverage we've got.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

As a neutral I think that out of all the 'crisis' clubs Charlton have had by far the most coverage over the last 12 months.

Coventry are really getting s*** on and look in serious trouble and they've hardly been mentioned. And I'd say their plight is far worse than Charlton's.

When a dozen of the Coventry lads said they would have Roland instead of their hedge fund Owner, i realized their desperate plight.
    There's always some one worse off than yourself (not many)
  • Options
    Amazing thread . So completely wrong it's amazing. Just like those who gave Lookman a 7 last week, you just shake your head.