Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Sachs RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP
    and apologies for my part comically doubting the poster of the thread last week.
  • Options
    RIP

Would also like to add my apologies to @SolidGone for not believing him the other week
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    RIP Andrew, Faulty Towers was one of my favorite of all time comedy's. Each episode took 4 weeks to plan and make, one of the lines I loved was Basil trying to tell Manuel about pigeons.....and Manuel made gestures of a 'flying pig', interspersed with oink sounds as he was flapping his arms!! How relevant was that to just a few weeks ago at The Valley!! Dementia is a terrible disease, lets hope a cure is found soon.
    My condolences to Andrews family and friends.
  • Options
    He was fantastic as Manuel. RIP.
  • Options
    What a year! R.I.P. Andrew
  • Options
    RIP

Apologies to @Solidgone for not believing him.
  • Options
    RIP Manuel. Thanks for those many, unforgettable scenes with your mad boss, Basil, in the timeless classic Fawlty Towers.

A decent man who suffered unnecessarily in his retirement "defending" the taunts of those two, irresponsible radio yobs, who thought they were being funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Terrific actor .. R I P
  • Options
    I know nothing! Will live for ever. They can't remake the greatest comedy series ever because nobody could replace Cleese and nobody could replace Sachs! R.I.P.
  • Options
    Genuinely funny and talented man, ad an excellent serious actor as well.

As I said in the earlier RIP thread, his Father Brown on the radio was brilliant..

RIP.
  • Options
    A truly great comic actor ! Was brilliant as Iconic Manuel RIP Andrew
  • Options
    Fawlty Towers on tonight at 7.30 on BBC 1 as a tribute to Andrew Sachs.... I know nothing.

RIP
  • Options
    Greatest ever sit-com in my eyes. They could have milked it for a lot more episodes and made a lot more money from it but that would have diluted the comedy in the same way dad's army got diluted and became pretty unfunny!
  • Options
    Fire fire!!!
  • Options
    I say you go to look at girl...and she go crazy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Si
    Que
    I know nothing
    Good morning Manuel Tower how are you nice day
  • Options
    Amazing to think he was in his mid-40s when Fawlty Towers was made. Looked younger.

Life goes fast my fellow Addicks. Live well.

RIP Andrew Sachs, and thanks for the happy memories.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the laughs Andrew......Fawlty Towers.....the greatest TV comedy series of all time and you were such a big part of it.....RIP old chap....RIP.
  • Options
    You are a hideous orangutan