Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Cheese

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    As as kid I only liked mild Cheddar. I've matured since then.

Would demolish most cheeses on a cheese board. I did however try something which IIRC was called le petit munster that a friend brought back from France. It smelled of what I can only imagine trench foot smells like and the taste wasn't much better.
  • Options
    Enjoy St.Andre on a cracker once in a while, makes a change from Brie.
  • Options
    Another vote for the magnifique Époisses. Ideally needs to be kept in a fridge of its own though.

Wensleydale also great with Christmas cake at this time of year.
  • Options
    I was once offered chance to try black bomber in Wales. Walked out of the shop in disgrace before my wife explained it was a cheese.
  • Options
    Gamle Ole (Old Ole).
    http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/product/gamle-ole-500g/
    Matured for 35 weeks. Very very smelly, but beautiful, especially on freshly baked rye bread.
  • Options
    FORD said:

I was once offered chance to try black bomber in Wales. Walked out of the shop in disgrace before my wife explained it was a cheese.

Black Bombers were quite a different thing back in the mid 60's!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Vous et moi contre le monde, IdleHans

Not unusual for you, eh Leuth?
  • Options
    Ps.... Brie and Camembert are overrated Shite
  • Options

Snowdonia Little Black Bomber cheddar is incredible. I cannot find a better cheddar.

I'll second that.
  • Options
    Eat a cheeseboard just one night of the year, for the final of the darts, and its a bit of post-Xmas ritual I really look forward to.

Range of 4-5 cheese, a good chutney, some silverskin pickled onions, Mrs Elwoods' Cucumber spears, and a bottle of fat coca cola.

Looking forward already, lets play darts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stilton, especially melted over avocado and prawns!
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Gamle Ole (Old Ole).
    Matured for 35 weeks. Very very smelly, but beautiful, especially on freshly baked rye bread.

Never had that but I did see they have nokkelost, so I will pop in there next time I'm in that area, and will see what gamle ole is like too.

• Options
    Went to one of the Goodmans a while back and was surprised to see no blue on the cheeseboard.
  • Options
    You're all wrong uns.
  • Options
    I can't believe one of my favourite CL threads of this week is about cheese. How low have we sunk? Roland out, blahdi blahdi fishpaste..
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Danepak said:

Gamle Ole (Old Ole).

Never had that but I did see they have nokkelost, so I will pop in there next time I'm in that area, and will see what gamle ole is like too.

Definitely try it. It'll knock your socks off, if you like strong smelly cheese.