Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you dislike about Christmas

edited December 2016 in Not Sports Related
So, it's 12.30 on Monday 5th December and so far this morning, she who has to be obeyed has got me to -

1 Give the shower a really, really, good clean, with jif & glass cleaner.

2 Clean all the windows inside and out.

3 Get the tens of bags of decorations & the artificial xmas tree out of the loft.

4 Get the sticky sellotape residue off of the UPVC window frames, after having to google the best way and dismiss ideas such as peanut better. PS white spirit worked.

I'm allowed a short break (on here, she doesn't know), before starting with the xmas lights.

Sheesh, I'm glad I'm off to see the RHCP's at the O2 tonight.

Bah humbug.

(This thread should run until the 25th at least).

Comments

• Options
    So busy you don't know what day it is :wink:
  • Options
    People getting the date wrong.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

So busy you don't know what day it is :wink:

Macronate said:

People getting the date wrong.

Precisely. Now edited to the 5th.
  • Options

People moaning about Christmas.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It doesn't last long enough.

So I want to listen to Christmas music from 1st November and I'M the crazy one? NOOOOO
    You suckers missing out on some Christmas tunes are the crazy ones.
  • Options

How long it goes on for.

I love Christmas... at Christmas.

This.

And people who don't get that boxing day is for sport.
  • Options
    TV channel Christmas 24 - It seems like my wife had had it in constantly since mid November
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Mainly the fact my birthday is in December, meaning people think it is OK to get me a joint birthday/Xmas present. It isn't. Not unless you're also going to worship me as the Son of God as well you skinflints.

In recent years however I've had to buy presents for my nieces and nephews. I have no kids of my own, but have 9 of the blighters in my family ranging from 3 to 12 years old. I never have any idea what to get them because I have no idea what kids like these days (is Power Rangers or Thundercats still a thing?) and I hate going into toy shops or to shopping centres. When my brothers do suggest what to get them, it is usually a week before Christmas, meaning prices are at a premium, everywhere is already sold out and it is usually some overpriced piece of plastic from China that they'll stop playing with by New Year's Day.

Also, people asking me 'What do you like/want?' if they cannot think of anything good. I make a few suggestions (whisky, interesting beers/ales, books on a subject I like, or a few shops I frequent where I could use a gift voucher). The big day rolls round and they've bought me some utterly pointless piece of crap that goes straight on eBay or into the bin. Merry Christmas you bell-end.

Yep,I'm another December birthday (22nd),always got two lots of pressies
    Spoilt little git that I am. :)
  • Options
    I use to love it, now I find it a lonely time of the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having to work Christmas day and boxing days most years !
  • Options

The insistence that you have to have Brussel Sprouts on your plate. I manage dinners ok without them the other 364 days so I quite happy to skip again on Xmas day

"You can't flag a moderator's post"

• Options
    MrLargo said:

The fact that, according to John Lewis, Debenham's etc, the festive period appears to start in September. Does it f$@k.

The "Holidays are coming" Coca Cola advert

The pub equivalent of Sunday drivers - people who never normally go into pubs spending all of December going to pubs, getting in the way, not knowing the correct etiquette for ordering drinks, behaving as if they have the same right to be in there as people like me who spend the entire year diligently supporting the pub trade.

The aforementioned group not knowing their limitations, getting far too drunk and then cluttering up the pavements and the public transport network, usually whilst vomiting or behaving in an extremely irritating manner.

Work Xmas bashes - Dear Mr Group Director, you've not bothered to speak to me since last year's Christmas do, and since then I've had no payrise, no improvement in my career prospects and no reason to do anything except silently loathe you. Why do we have to go through this ridiculous charade where you pretend to be interested in me, and I pretend that I actually give a f#*k about what pantomime you're taking your horrible, precocious children to see?!

My post-Christmas body, bloated, ghostly white, like a terrifying Halloween-themed homage to that picture of Demi Moore when she was preggers.

The sense of panic in every supermarket across the land, usually at it's peak about on 23rd December, as shoppers go into panic mode and buy enough food to see them through until the following Christmas, just because Sainsburys is going to be closed for one flipping day.

Reading about the thousands and thousands of arseholes who turn up at whatever time in the middle of the night to be at the front of the queue for the start of the Next sale on Boxing Day. This has absolutely no impact on me at all, I'm just kind of miserable bastard who gets annoyed watching it.

Perfume adverts - there's tons of them, they're all sh#t. Who falls for this pretentious bollocks?!

Those weird houses that go absolutely mental for Christmas and put so many lights and decorations on their house that it ends up looking like part of the main strip in Vegas. What are you doing in there that's so incredibly exciting, while I'm losing at Monopoly and watching Goldfinger on the telly?!

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to it. Merry Christmas everyone.

My goodness ! I thought I had posted something without knowing .
  • Options
    Boxing day football, as I'm not allowed to go :(
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Mainly the fact my birthday is in December, meaning people think it is OK to get me a joint birthday/Xmas present. It isn't. Not unless you're also going to worship me as the Son of God as well you skinflints.

In recent years however I've had to buy presents for my nieces and nephews. I have no kids of my own, but have 9 of the blighters in my family ranging from 3 to 12 years old. I never have any idea what to get them because I have no idea what kids like these days (is Power Rangers or Thundercats still a thing?) and I hate going into toy shops or to shopping centres. When my brothers do suggest what to get them, it is usually a week before Christmas, meaning prices are at a premium, everywhere is already sold out and it is usually some overpriced piece of plastic from China that they'll stop playing with by New Year's Day.

Also, people asking me 'What do you like/want?' if they cannot think of anything good. I make a few suggestions (whisky, interesting beers/ales, books on a subject I like, or a few shops I frequent where I could use a gift voucher). The big day rolls round and they've bought me some utterly pointless piece of crap that goes straight on eBay or into the bin. Merry Christmas you bell-end.

Yep,I'm another December birthday (22nd),always got two lots of pressies
    Spoilt little git that I am. :)
    I'm 13th December so not that close to Christmas but always got two sets of presents and my parents never put up the tree/decorations/christmas cards till i'd had my birthday
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    It was great when I was a kid, and then when my son was young enough to be excited by it. It annoys me a bit now in all honesty - especially as it seems to start earlier and earlier! Got the tree up yesterday - which is a big job as it is in loads of pieces, but thankfully the dog doesn't try to pull it down.

I love brussels and chestnuts. Have to be a bit salty for my taste, but if so - delicious.