Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Idles at Heaven last night, amazing gig.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

Done this the other Day/night £22 for a Ticket , some great Synth/Electronic groups , Vogon Poetry , Shelter , and Tiny Magnetic Pets the highlights for me .

Vogon Poetry,cracking name for a band :smile:
  • Options
    Bullet for my Valentine tonight in Portland, Maine. Just need a Charlton win to get this off to a good start
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Shrew said:

The All Points East gig at Victoria Park including Nick Cave, Patti Smith, is looking a bit tempting, anyone been to gigs at Vic park before ?

Yup, excellent gig with Clash and Sham 69 ... but it was back in 1978 :smiley:
  • Options
    Saw The Libertines last night at The Southbank Centre as part of Meltdown fest. Great set with all the classics, and they did a fantastic cover of The Cure's 'boys don't cry'.

Southbank have made a real effort to keep pricing reasonable for these events; £35 quid a pop with e-tickets only sent out the week before to limit any touting.

• Options
    Saw the Psychedelic Furs and The Church Friday night as part of the same Meltdown. Church were a bit disappointing, I'm quite a fan and they didn't really get going, and the road crew dismantled the drummers' kit on the last number while he was playing! They mixed up older material with new but that wasn't the problem - more a muddy sound and they didn't sound like they were at the top of their game.
    Wasn't sure what the Furs would be like, but they stuck to the first 4 LPs pretty much, singer and sax player were both at the top of their game and I'm often turned off by sax in a rock band (too much Hazel O'Connor I reckon).
  • Options
    On way back from seeing clients in Sheffield & my assistant is gutted that Pearl Jam have cancelled tonight’s O2 gig. Spent last 20 minutes calling clients to let them know.

On the upside, I’m seeing Foos on Saturday, Quincy Jones next week & Liam Gallagher at Finsbury Park on Friday week. She ain’t impressed!, :wink:

• Options
    I’m a promoter and I have a couple of belters on Friday at Notting Hill Arts Club and Saturday at The Finsbury Pub if anyone’s into indie/alt-rock
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

On way back from seeing clients in Sheffield & my assistant is gutted that Pearl Jam have cancelled tonight’s O2 gig. Spent last 20 minutes calling clients to let them know.

On the upside, I’m seeing Foos on Saturday, Quincy Jones next week & Liam Gallagher at Finsbury Park on Friday week. She ain’t impressed!, :wink:

We're going to Liam Gallagher on Friday.
  • Options
    Saw the Foo Fighters at the Taxpayers stadium on Saturday. Loved the foos, but what an awful stadium.

It was oversold in my opinion, so was extremely cramped in the standing area. The view is terrible and the sound was really tinny. I won't be going there again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saw the Foo Fighters at the Taxpayers stadium on Saturday. Loved the foos, but what an awful stadium.

It was oversold in my opinion, so was extremely cramped in the standing area. The view is terrible and the sound was really tinny. I won't be going there again

Other than the crappy stadium, how were they? Some people are saying Dave Grohl's voice has gone and he backs down around certain parts of the vocals.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Other than the crappy stadium, how were they? Some people are saying Dave Grohl's voice has gone and he backs down around certain parts of the vocals.
    I've seen them 3 times in the last year & I'd say he wasn't quite on top form Saturday. Still a great frontman though
  • Options
    If anyone wants to swop Arctic Monkeys tickets at the O2 on 9/9 for another night please let me know
  • Options
    I actually thought the Foos gig was good on Saturday and whilst we were standing, we were down towards the front on the right side (looking at the stage), it wasn't too bad/packed. Grohl is definitely a great frontman.

Only thing that hacked me off was the barriers outside the stadium afterwards, trying to send you round the long way home. Made worse by the fact that people then wandered back the other side of the barrier anyway. We jumped over and walked back to West Ham DLR :
  • Options
    Just back from seeing UB40 at Rochester Castle. The band were good & the venue was stunning, but it was full of absolute pond life. I guess that's what you get from a gig in Rochester
  • Options
    I am in Scarborough for a few days .. on Thursday the Stereophonics are playing at the Open Air Theatre (the largest open air theatre in Europe) .. I'm not especially keen on their sound, but a nice location in a beautiful park, close to the sea, nice weather and good company .. I'll give it a bash
  • Options

I am in Scarborough for a few days .. on Thursday the Stereophonics are playing at the Open Air Theatre (the largest open air theatre in Europe) .. I'm not especially keen on their sound, but a nice location in a beautiful park, close to the sea, nice weather and good company .. I'll give it a bash

Have a nice day Lincs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMs8qCh4vXc
  • Options

Lovely venue for a gig Lincs, the weather seems to be positive so I have no doubt you’ll have a good night. My daughter saw Nile Rogers and Chic there a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Scarbados may be a bit tired at the edges but they do seem to attract some decent acts to the Open Air Theatre. Saw Stereophonics years ago and have no doubt their brand of rock will work in the setting.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    We're going to see The Smyths next week for a bit of fun. Tbf they sound better than Morrissey these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ONytqrKUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSCVlBXGdAk
  • Options
    Just seen the Cure (great but I was a bit wasted as was after England win in the quarter finals), Interpol and goldfrapp good in support.

Was coerced into going to see Michael Buble, banarama, van Morrison (looking a bit frail but very very good) in support. Shame about the hour long thunderstorm that left us all a bit like drowned rats and me, stupidly with a shirt on that went transparent in the wet trying and failing to imitate the Hoff in his letter years on bay watch ‘breath man breath’.

Happy days though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen the Cure (great but I was a bit wasted as was after England win in the quarter finals), Interpol and goldfrapp good in support.

Was coerced into going to see Michael Buble, banarama, van Morrison (looking a bit frail but very very good) in support. Shame about the hour long thunderstorm that left us all a bit like drowned rats and me, stupidly with a shirt on that went transparent in the wet trying and failing to imitate the Hoff in his letter years on bay watch ‘breath man breath’.

Happy days though.

I would have loved to have gone, but knew they were clashing with the World Cup.
    Did The Cure play a 3+ hour set, like last time I saw them a couple of years ago ?
  • Options
    Difficult for me to say. In the pub before the game we met fellow Cure fans, befriended them, went in with them and one offered up some substance or other that got me so bolloxed it spoiled the gig for me.

Best guess is around 2-2.5 hours.
  • Options

Difficult for me to say. In the pub before the game we met fellow Cure fans, befriended them, went in with them and one offered up some substance or other that got me so bolloxed it spoiled the gig for me.

it was 2.5 hours, an awesome set.
  • Options
    bbob said:

it was 2.5 hours, an awesome set.
    @bbob ...you're going to have to describe it in an awful lot more detail for @Alwaysneil!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Nothing planned for a while now, but will try and see Paul Weller & Orchestra at the Southbank Centre in October.
  • Options
    Pissed off that I didn't realise until too late that From The Jam were playing the Dartford festival on Sunday.

They're playing the Mick Jagger Centre in November with 9 Below Zero supporting.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Lovely venue for a gig Lincs, the weather seems to be positive so I have no doubt you’ll have a good night. My daughter saw Nile Rogers and Chic there a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Scarbados may be a bit tired at the edges but they do seem to attract some decent acts to the Open Air Theatre. Saw Stereophonics years ago and have no doubt their brand of rock will work in the setting.
    thanks chaps .. despite the crumbling ruins (lol) and the plague of seagulls, Scarborough is my favourite UK seaside resort .. the North Beach, the area close to the theatre and Peasholm Park, was buried under a massive cliff fall a few years back .. there is extensive new building going on, luxury apartments .. I want one ((:>)

Have a nice day Lincs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMs8qCh4vXc
  • Options

Pissed off that I didn't realise until too late that From The Jam were playing the Dartford festival on Sunday.

They're playing the Mick Jagger Centre in November with 9 Below Zero supporting.

Will try to make that. Heard From the Jam are acoustic only now?
  • Options

Will try to make that. Heard From the Jam are acoustic only now?
    No, they played some acoustic shows as part of a tour but they were one offs.
  • Options
    On my way to see Greta van Fleet. It’ll be interesting to see if they can sound like Zeppelin live.