Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Won’t be many’s cup of tea but I think I had the best value gig I’ve ever had on Tuesday night.

Absolute Radio’s 10th birthday gig at Shepherds Bush:

Blossoms
    George Ezra
    Manic Street Preachers

I like all three and each were brilliant and played for an hour but the MSP’s stole the show for me. Quality again!!

All for £12!

Desperate to see DMA’s and Gerry Cinnanon next.
  • Options
    They have been pushing that for ages but haven’t been listening to the station long enough to get £12 tickets. Not sure about Ezra but the blossoms and the maniacs are top quality and that’s a great deal.
  • Options

Won’t be many’s cup of tea but I think I had the best value gig I’ve ever had on Tuesday night.

Absolute Radio’s 10th birthday gig at Shepherds Bush:

Blossoms
    George Ezra
    Manic Street Preachers

I like all three and each were brilliant and played for an hour but the MSP’s stole the show for me. Quality again!!

All for £12!

Desperate to see DMA’s and Gerry Cinnanon next.

Not my cup of meat but that is brilliant value

• Options
    Just out from seeing The Struts. If you get the chance, go see them. Great show, catchy songs, stage presence. Most fun show I’ve seen for a while.
  • Options
    Smiths tribute band, The Joneses, Pelton Arms, Greenwich, 1st Dec, ticket event
  • Options
    Saw Lucy Kitt last night in our local micro pub. Her Dad, Johnny Kitt, also did a Delta Blues set on the slide guitar. He sometimes busks in Canterbury, check him out on Youtube. He's awesome.
  • Options
    I saw Sasquatch last night at the Black Heart in Camden.If stoner rock is your bag you'll like this band.
  • Options
    Saw Peter Hook & The Light at Electric Ballroom on Friday night doing 2 New Order albums and a bit of Joy Division. 3 hours went very quickly and thought it was superb. Highly recommend.
  • Options
    Vulfpeck at the Brixton Academy last week. I know they came up on the other music thread. Astoundingly good, rather blew me away. Place was rammed both nights. I play bass a bit but having seen Joe Dart cut loose I realise I'm a lazy bluffer.
    https://youtu.be/to22meUpSEI
    A couple of years ago, they took the mickey (on 1612) out of Bernard Purdie's ego bragging who he's drummed for ("Donny Hathaway, Roberta Flack, FRANK SINATRA!"). Now he sits in with them. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Glenn Hughes plays Classic Deep Purple Live last Friday at Engine Rooms, Southampton. Great fun, mk 3&4 Purple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen Wolf Alice for the fourth or fifth time at the Chalk Farm Roundhouse. They are a top notch live act.
  • Options
    Saw Dir En Grey at the Electric Ballroom on Tuesday. Japanese metal band with an amazing vocalist. It's a shame the show had so many technical problems though. Spent at least 30 minutes of the night looking at an empty stage while techs frantically tried to get things working again.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Saw Chris Helme (Seahorses) and Mark Morriss (Bluetones) do acoustic sessions at the Pelton a couple of Saturdays back.

Outstanding and what a great venue.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Saw Chris Helme Seahorses) and Mark Morriss (Bluetones) do acoustic sessions at the Pelton a couple of Saturdays back.

Outstanding and what a great venue.

10 minute walk to the Pelton for me - great venue. Has some decent music on there.
  • Options
    Anyone been to a gig at the Amersham Arms, new cross?
  • Options
    Last week I had a brilliant night watching Tunng at the Hare n Hounds in Brum. The band were full of the sheer joy n excitement of playing together for the first time in a long time. There was a lot of humour , joy and reckless abandon shared between the band and the audience. The new material is really good and translates well live, go see them !
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I saw The Editors at The Dome in Brighton last night. It's about the eighth time I have seen but that was an outstanding show. If you've got a ticket for the Brixton Academy tonight, enjoy it!
  • Options

I saw The Editors at The Dome in Brighton last night. It's about the eighth time I have seen but that was an outstanding show. If you've got a ticket for the Brixton Academy tonight, enjoy it!

I’ve seen them quite a few times - including Barcelona and Paris.

Fantastic band live.
  • Options
    Editors at Brixton tonight - brilliant 10/10.
  • Options
    John Fogerty at the o2 last night.
    First time I'd been inside the o2 and had a great night catching up with my best mate going back to schooldays, despite the train strike on SWR.
    The Steve Miller band did a good set if you like that sort of thing ( I don't particularly).
    Apart from a couple of rather self-indulgent and flat "family" moments, JF put on a great show.
    Can't really go wrong with that back catalogue. Loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Pixies at Roundhouse last night.
    Personally, I found playing Surfer Rosa in full a trendy, but not great idea.
    A lot of angry shouting from Frank Black, but not too many good songs, although they did play Where is my Mind.
    They came on at 20.45 & finished at 10.15, with an advertised 23.00 curfew.
    It must be the first time we've gone for a drink after a gig.
    3/10, although one of my mates loved it, as did the Guardian journalist.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/31/pixies-review-roundhouse-london
    https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/pixies-roundhouse-review-tour-surfer-rosa-a3976536.html
  • Options

A lot of angry shouting from Frank Black, but not too many good songs, although they did play Where is my Mind.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/pixies-roundhouse-review-tour-surfer-rosa-a3976536.html

Did think about going to this one, but the only song I really like on Surfer Rosa is Gigantic. I thought not worth it for one song and a load of beardy twats saying "I prefer early Pixies, actually" !!

I saw the gig at Brixton where they played Doolittle in full. Happy with that.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Did think about going to this one, but the only song I really like on Surfer Rosa is Gigantic. I thought not worth it for one song and a load of beardy twats saying "I prefer early Pixies, actually" !!

I saw the gig at Brixton where they played Doolittle in full. Happy with that.
    I love If I Could Talk to The Animals
  • Options
    Sham 69 at Reading tomorrow. I hope that they last longer than they did the last time I saw them, which was their "Last Stand" at the Rainbow about 40 years ago
  • Options

Sham 69 at Reading tomorrow. I hope that they last longer than they did the last time I saw them, which was their "Last Stand" at the Rainbow about 40 years ago

Jimmy Pursey must be 97. I see UK Subs are still going as well.
  • Options
    Seeing Rhoda Dakar at the 100 Club on 7th Dec - vocalist with the Bodysnatchers(2 Tone) and The Special AKA. Nice trip down memory lane.
  • Options
    Off to the 02 tomorrow to see Andrea Boccelli.

He better be good for the £180 a ticket outlay.
  • Options
    We did this earlier on in the year but who's off to see From the Jam in Dartford this evening? 40 years ago All Mod cons was released and they will be playing the whole album apparently. Support is the excellent 9 below zero.
  • Options

We did this earlier on in the year but who's off to see From the Jam in Dartford this evening? 40 years ago All Mod cons was released and they will be playing the whole album apparently. Support is the excellent 9 below zero.

Both top bands, 9BZ are superb. Unfortunately sold out by the time I went to get tickets.

Enjoy!
  • Options

I was at that gig ... very eventful :wink: