Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Things" that are supposed to be great but you really hate

Comments

• Options

Mobile phones.

You can get smaller ones nowadays mate.
  • Options
    Umbrellas
    Toasters
  • Options
    Banter.
  • Options
    I would love to see everybody's answers to all these threads because apart from Charlton I don't seem to have a huge amount in common with many and certainly wouldn't have much to converse down the pub on..

It also reminds me I have a pretty good life and probably so much less stressed than most in here.
  • Options
    Chocolate.
  • Options

I would love to see everybody's answers to all these threads because apart from Charlton I don't seem to have a huge amount in common with many and certainly wouldn't have much to converse down the pub on..

It also reminds me I have a pretty good life and probably so much less stressed than most in here.

Well get you !!

;-)
  • Options

Don't hate (how can you hate an object ?) .. Dyson 'hoovers' .. overpriced with a dust container that needs emptying every 30 seconds .. good suction though !!

Interesting that we continue to use the trademark name of Hoover as verb. Similar to Aspirin being used as any kind of headache tablet when Again it's a trademark.

I know this sounds pedantic and it probably is but it was brought to my attention and i keep correcting myself when I have to do the hoovering Vacuuming.

Can you think of any more?

• Options
    Hate is too stronger word for it, but BBQs are a consistent disappointment. The best ones never live up to the hype and as for the worst ones...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Don't hate (how can you hate an object ?) .. Dyson 'hoovers' .. overpriced with a dust container that needs emptying every 30 seconds .. good suction though !!

Interesting that we continue to use the trademark name of Hoover as verb. Similar to Aspirin being used as any kind of headache tablet when Again it's a trademark.

I know this sounds pedantic and it probably is but it was brought to my attention and i keep correcting myself when I have to do the hoovering Vacuuming.

Sellotape
  • Options
    Coat hangers
    Cling film
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton senior management team.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Heroin
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

A kind of no category option....just whatever.

Cricket

Marijuana

Rollercoasters - really hate them. Well I really hate the experience of going on them. Horrible. Never to be repeated.

Sushi

Pokemon

Wealth.....I think we should all be wild and not allow a currency to dictate our next move. Bit of a weird one as I would like to be rich so I became powerful and could do whatever I want..... Wealth often falls into the wrong hands. So that power of seperation is bad. Don't confuse this with capitalism and ambition. Those things are great. Hard to differentiate though.

Christianity

New years eve

Snapchat - what's the point? Other apps will produce the same idea of sharing pictures. Bugs me.

Apple music - as Noel Gallagher said.....why would I want access to 500million shit albums when I can just buy and keep the stuff I like.

Its convenient ....but soon, the question "what was the 1st record you purchased?" Will be dead. It's too easy.

So tempted to flag you for that first one.

Heretic!
  • Options

Umbrellas
    Toasters

Come on we need you to explain these.
  • Options
    Cricket and Rugby, both pony sports.
    Fans of both seem to have a massive inferiority complex when it come to the beautiful game.
  • Options
    The next person to say cricket gets a flag.
  • Options
    Christmas (sorry!)
  • Options
    iainment said:

Banter.

Sounds like something a cat-shagger would say
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Fans of both seem to have a massive inferiority complex when it come to the beautiful game.

I'm a fan of both and love the Beautiful game too. They are not mutually exclusive.
  • Options

Surrey CCC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surrey CCC.
    Whoops, I haven't understood the thread. These things were meant to be considered "great".
  • Options
    Anything made by K2 (I think that was the company that made hair trimmers or such like in the 70's out of plastic).
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Anything made by K2 (I think that was the company that made hair trimmers or such like in the 70's out of plastic).

K-Tel?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Umbrellas
    Toasters

Umbrellas are for people who can't stomach the rain, get a grip they look silly and a bit or rain never did anyone any harm!
    Toasters, more dubious but my experience of them are theres always a problem. Toast is burnt, struggles to come out properly or just always broken!
  • Options

Go for it....
    CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET.........and CRICKET
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Greenie said:

I'm a fan of both and love the Beautiful game too. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Well done, but to many others they are, that why I wrote what I did.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Umbrellas
    Toasters

Umbrellas are for people who can't stomach the rain, get a grip they look silly and a bit or rain never did anyone any harm!
    Toasters, more dubious but my experience of them are theres always a problem. Toast is burnt, struggles to come out properly or just always broken!
    can't say i hate toasters but we don't have one at home, we use the grill as, imho, it's nicer and you get your toast exactly how you want it.
  • Options

Surrey CCC.

Surrey CCC.
    Whoops, I haven't understood the thread. These things were meant to be considered "great".
    Pushing your luck you are!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Go for it....
    CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET.........and CRICKET
    Calm down dear! Are you okay? Do I need to call you a doctor?