Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KIRK DOUGLAS .. 100 (YES A TON) YEARS OLD TODAY !

The man with a face that belongs on Mt Rushmore, one of the icons of my youth, father of the great Michael .. and of course ..
'I am Spartacus' ..

A terrific actor in his time, one of the most popular and prolific in the mid 20th century .. Happy Birthday Kirk, and many more .. unfortunately, you are not eligible to receive a telegram (do they still exist) from Auntie Liz, but I'm sure your family will ensure that you have a wonderful day

Comments

• Options
    Happy Birthday Kirk
  • Options
    Rock on Kirk.....Rock on!
  • Options
    I am Spartacus - I wish.
  • Options

ME : "How old do you think KIRK Douglas is today?" (Really emphasised the name KIRK as I knew what I'd let meself in for)

MRS : "Who?"

ME : "KIRK Douglas, how old do you think he is today"

MRS : "Errr...............75?"

ME : "100!"

MRS : "Oh, I thought you meant Michael Douglas"

FFS

easily (or perhaps not) confused .. Michael is a real chip off the old marble
  • Options

ME : "How old do you think KIRK Douglas is today?" (Really emphasised the name KIRK as I knew what I'd let meself in for)

FFS

easily (or perhaps not) confused .. Michael is a real chip off the old marble
    To look at, but not in conversation lol
  • Options
    Bloody hell he's old enough to remember the real Spartacus.
    I wonder if they met
  • Options
    wow, great age, indeed a happy birthday
  • Options

FFS

Is Kirk still married to Catherine Zeta-Jones?
  • Options
    Good innings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

FFS

Is Kirk still married to Catherine Zeta-Jones?
    Your thinking of Jack! ;)
  • Options
    One of my favourite actors. Did what it said on the can...

Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Watch 'Ace in the hole' online or whatever. Amazing.
  • Options
    Called Stanley Kubrick "a talented shit" after they fell out, which after reading how he treated his actors and how incredible his films are, is probably the best assessment of him.
  • Options
    I think I first saw him in Gunfight at the O.K corall but strangely enough despite him being a recognisable and iconic actor I don't remember many other of his films by name even though
    he seemed to be on TV all the time when I was a kid.
    Happy Birthday KD
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Kirk
    Have enjoyed most of his films
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Good innings

Bloody hell plays cricket as well.
  • Options

The man with a face that belongs on Mt Rushmore, one of the icons of my youth, father of the great Michael .. and of course ..
    'I am Spartacus' ..

A terrific actor in his time, one of the most popular and prolific in the mid 20th century .. Happy Birthday Kirk, and many more .. unfortunately, you are not eligible to receive a telegram (do they still exist) from Auntie Liz, but I'm sure your family will ensure that you have a wonderful day

they were still going three and a bit years ago, a family friend got hers then (she is still going strong) but you have to notify the palace that it is approaching
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Good innings

Bloody hell plays cricket as well.
    Just scored a century, not out, although he might need a runner.
  • Options
    this story sounds too good to be true .. BUT .. one of Kirks' sons, the luckless Eric who tragically o'd aged 46 tried stand up comedy as a career ..
    at one disatserous gig in London's Comedy Store he was going down like a lead balloon and turned to one heckler and cried .. 'do you know that I am Kirk Douglas's son ?'
    .. wait for it ..

... the retort ? .. no I am Kirk Douglas's son .. another .. no I am Kirk Douglas's son .. ... etc etc etc echoing around the room .. alas poor Eric, trying to emulate a superstar father

Thanks to 'The Times' for the story which I have heard before
  • Options

'I am Spartacus' ..

they were still going three and a bit years ago, a family friend got hers then (she is still going strong) but you have to notify the palace that it is approaching
    I'll tell em now then, get it out the way

60 years, 5 months and 14 days
  • Options

'I am Spartacus' ..

you'll be getting yours from Commissar Corbyn II
  • Options

'I am Spartacus' ..

is he planning on invading France ?
  • Options
    If your that old and famous and you still make it out the other side of 2016, then you must be pretty much immortal.
  • Options

'I am Spartacus' ..

is he planning on invading France ?
    Will look into it
  • Options
    Happy 100th Kirk
  • Options

FFS

Ditto, except "80?".
  • Options
    One of the best from both Kirk and Stanley.