Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you call back Tony Watt?

Comments

• Options
    Season long loan so can't be called back unless there is a recall clause and has to be done during the next transfer window.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    I don't think the club can if it's a season's loan or, indeed, would wish to, given that the rationale was to recoup a proportion of his wages. I doubt that it would work anyway.

I expect that Tony Watt - along with Vetokele, Ceballos and the great Nabby Sarr - will (in theory, at least) be reporting for pre-season training next July. Further pay-offs will doubtless be required to move them on.
  • Options
    If we have a problem with some players in our current side being lazy and not putting in a shift, then Vetokele will most certainly not be an answer to our problems.

Played on the whole 'injured' excuse for far too long when he was here.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

If we have a problem with some players in our current side being lazy and not putting in a shift, then Vetokele will most certainly not be an answer to our problems.

Played on the whole 'injured' excuse for far too long when he was here.

Exactly. Adding either Watt or Vetokele is just adding another player who can come up with the odd magic moment, but otherwise adds nothing to the consistency of the team. Great luxury players on a solid team, but largely useless to us. We need pace and skill in midfield, and we need players who can hold on to possession.
  • Options

(1) Just one goal and not a single assist from 16 games this season (he is a forward isn't he?)

(2) 3 goals for 3 Clubs in the whole of 2016 (Ajose has 21 goals in 2016)

(3) Doesn't want to play for us

(4) Attitude has been questioned by virtually every manager he has ever played for

(5) Does all his best work at and around the corner flag

And he's our saviour?

He's DEFINITELY not our saviour.

He's just a very naughty boy.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I'd bring him back and put him straight into the starting eleven CEO's chair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    No chance this is going to happen I fear. Much as I'd like to see it, I don't think he'd want to play for us at the moment. Hell, I wouldn't want to play for us at the moment and I support the fucking club.
  • Options
    If he'd left me a nice message and didn't have "own number sending" switched off then maybe, I think my contract lets me call other mobiles for free....
  • Options
    Anyone who has said "NO" could not have been there saturday!!!! After watching that, I'm willing to try pull rabbit foots out my Arse on the advice of Uri Geller in a bid to never watch a Charlton team perform as badly as they did again.
  • Options
    no point calling him back cos he doesn't want to be here
    we'd never see another performance from him
    he was fine when he first arrived cos he didn't want to be in Belgium
    if he's got anything between the ears he will have worked out that Charlton is a toxic pantomime in which no sane individual should want a part
    in short: no
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    if it was on skill only yes in a heartbeat, i really rate the guy but he doesn't want to be here so no point calling him back, on a serious note would anyone take relegation if it meant them selling?.
  • Options
    He had to go back up to Scotland for family reasons so I really doubt he would want to come back.
  • Options
    Most talanted player on our books, has to be recalled.
  • Options
    Won't happen. He wants out and we'll never see him in a Charton shirt again.
  • Options
    Thanks but no thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's really setting the world alight up there isn't he?

Show pony, no thanks
  • Options
    Rather have a show pony as opposed to all the donkeys we had playing on Saturday. Watt has more talent than Ajose is ever likely to show but unfortunately I think we are not likely to see him again. No doubt we will almost give him away as Hearts do not even have a budget as large as ours supposedly is.
  • Options
    would have him back, the lack of depth in this squad is terrible and as we are still paying his wages. I would prefer to have him on our bench than on someone else's
  • Options
    It's interesting that Josh Magennis had a far better record in Scotland last season than Watt has had this season.

It's clearly not a question of talent, but you need more than talent to succeed...
  • Options

He had to go back up to Scotland for family reasons so I really doubt he would want to come back.

If this was the case, then why go to Blackburn and then Cardiff?
  • Options
    They will call him back to replace Lookman saves forking out any money.
  • Options

If this was the case, then why go to Blackburn and then Cardiff?
    It was Cardiff then Blackburn, each move got him closer to Scotland.
  • Options

if he's got anything between the ears he will have worked out that Charlton is a toxic pantomime in which no sane individual should want a part

"He will have worked out that Charlton is a toxic pantomime".....yes and he had the lead role for a few months!
  • Options

"He will have worked out that Charlton is a toxic pantomime".....yes and he had the lead role for a few months!
    Oh no he didn't!
  • Options
    No - I wondered who that cnut was on my voicemail asking me about PPI...