Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you call back Tony Watt?

Comments

• Options
    Yes from me, he might be a pain in the ass but he makes it interesting. Watching us at the moment is frustrating, boring, anger inducing, let's all throw tennis balls at Watt for a change !
  • Options
    Possibly the more realistic recall is Vetokele. No goals in 13 but I believe he is being played left wing, so it may not be a happy loan. He ripped up the Championship when fit, and because he starts most games he must be champing at the bit.
  • Options
    Like watching him
    He has talent thats for sure
    But its still a no
  • Options
    I can handle shit talent, what I can't handle is shit attitude. No from me.
  • Options
    Well he's got to try to call me before I'd consider returning his call
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Problem is, Watt was at times the best footballer I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt, then that would be followed by a spell of greedy play in which he was absolute shite. He could win us 9 points single handedly, but will team cohesion be affected as a result?

In short... he's too much of a wanker to fulfil what is an immense potential.

It'll always be a risk having him in any team's squad.
  • Options
    Yes, far more ability in his pinky than some of our other players.
  • Options
    The "nearer family issue" could be something as simple as not appreciating however many foreign managers he had to put up with. It seems not great on the pitch for Hearts currently.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes, far more ability in his pinky than some of our other players.

Dazzler - ability in itself is never enough. And one goal and no assists in 16 matches this season plus 3 goals in the whole of 2016 suggests that that "ability" is not being directed in the right areas.

Scotty Parker's ability to do a million "keepie uppies" was recognised at a very early age by MacDonalds. But I wouldn't expect him to be performing them in either penalty boxes. Any more than Watt should be doing the opposition in the centre circle or at the corner flag.

And apart from the obvious poor stats in recent seasons, umpteen managers can't all be wrong about him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah, far too good for League One. It wouldn't be fair on the other clubs in this league.
  • Options
    Watt is the type of player responsible for our current position. Lazy, overpaid self important tosser. Him and Lookman alike.
  • Options
    Coming back to play for us or be sold/loaned out again?

• Options
    Can always bring him back for a week or two, Robinson can take a look at him and farm him back out if he doesn't like the attitude.
  • Options
    What BDL said.

We all know just how good TW can be. Fully committed and fit he would be a real asset. He's ours and it would be criminal if our new manager didn't have a crack at getting him playing for us.

I'll grant you it's probably a long shot.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Yes if KR can get the best out of him has the options of playing him with either big Mag or Ajose.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

No.

Sorry Dick but I'm cancelling out your 'No' with a 'Yes' :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

dickplumb said:

No.

Sorry Dick but I'm cancelling out your 'No' with a 'Yes' :wink:
    And I'm trumping your "yes" with a "no".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talented footballer but not a team player.

I reckon Duchatelet 'asked' Robinson if he'd like to bring him back South.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Under the right manager I suspect Watt would flourish, fair play to Karl Robinson for having a crack at it.

The issue is that no manager in the last three seasons has managed to get any consistency out of him. And that's a lot of managers!

13 goals from his last 83 League games for a forward is a pretty poor return. Still if he is our replacement for Lookman it saves on the bills doesn't it.
  • Options
    An odd one. All a bit bare booky as the youth say.

Is he coming back because Hearts no longer want him?

Or are Charlton trying to force Hearts to buy him by making a pretence of recalling him?

Or has Karl been told to work with the expensive but very talented misfit by el presidente?

Or does Robinson think that he, unlike all Watt's previous managers, can get him playing well for the team consistently? Because we all know if he could we'd have one hell of a player in the side.

Strange days indeed.
  • Options

BDL said:

Under the right manager I suspect Watt would flourish, fair play to Karl Robinson for having a crack at it.

The issue is that no manager in the last three seasons has managed to get any consistency out of him. And that's a lot of Shit managers!

13 goals from his last 83 League games for a forward is a pretty poor return. Still if he is our replacement for Lookman it saves on the bills doesn't it.
    Fixed that for you :wink:
  • Options
    If all else fails he can source pies and beer for KR. I goal in 16 games in a league that Big Josh says is easier than League 1 suggests that this will be some challenge.
  • Options
    So if TW does come back to the Valley, could we just ask him to keep the ball by the corner flag for 90 minutes in each match, just so we can pick up enough points not too be relegated?
  • Options
    Watt would be a tremendous asset to have in this division IF Robinson can get his head right. If there is any truth in this, I hope KR has a good chat with him on the phone first to work out if he actually wants to come and knuckle down. If there is any doubt in Robinson's mind, he needs to just leave him where he is for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Sorry is this still speculation or have we recalled him from Hearts?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Sorry is this speculation or have we recalled him from Hearts?

Well he wasn't involved in their game tonight, apparently due to being recalled.