Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Anderson through 5-2, brilliant performance. 24 140s and 12 180s and 56% on doubles.

Almost certainly he'll play van Gerwen next.
  • Options
    MVG just took the 1st set in under 240 seconds
  • Options
    Great start for Smith

2-0 already both sets finishing 3-0
  • Options
    Could have been 3-0
    Instead it’s 2-2

Some quality darts already
  • Options

Could have been 3-0
    Instead it’s 2-2

Some quality darts already

Great viewing
  • Options
    Anderson is averaging 102 yet is still 4-0 behind
  • Options
    Gary Anderson has won 3 legs in 5 sets and not because he is throwing badly he is still averaging over 100, MVG is just on fire
  • Options
    Anderson is throwing badly
  • Options

He wasnt really only his checkouts letting him down really.
    Before that last set he was averaging over 100.

He finished with 11 180s and 24 140s
  • Options
    I can’t stand Anderson. MVG Is the greatest of all time !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Trebles for show, doubles for dough
  • Options
    MVG - 20/40 on doubles
    Anderson - 7/29

Tells you the story.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Trebles for show, doubles for dough
    Thanks for popping in, Bobby Dazzler.
  • Options
    After a poor start the real Michael Smith has come to play.
    4-0 down, back to 4-2.
  • Options
    Such a shame that Smith isn't quite on it tonight. Could've been a great game
  • Options
    They've both pulled out some big check puts van Gerwen has been at it when it's really, really mattered. Smith got obviously disheartened early on and that affected his throwing. Van Gerwen is a menace he did the same to Anderson who didn't play badly. Neither is Smith to be honest
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Michael Smith needs to change his nickname. Apart from 1 set he hasn’t bullied MVG at all. MVG has been there for the taking. A shame he hasn’t been consistent. Still hoping Smith can perform a miracle.
  • Options
    MVG is there for the taking…
  • Options
    Then again, maybe not.
  • Options
    Every time he switched down to 19s MVG couldn’t miss. Incredible ability
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well deserved by MVG.
  • Options
    More composure from Bully Boy and he could have taken Van Gerwen tonight.

Even when MVG was having a rocky spell and not throwing at his best, his reputation was still enough to keep Smith under pressure ... almost Taylor-esque.
  • Options
    The Premier League line-up for 2019 has been announced:

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

All kicks off in Newcastle on Thursday 7th Feb and includes trips to Berlin and consecutive nights in Rotterdam. Finals night is at the O2 on 23rd May.
  • Options

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

All kicks off in Newcastle on Thursday 7th Feb and includes trips to Berlin and consecutive nights in Rotterdam. Finals night is at the O2 on 23rd May.

Harsh on Whitlock but its all about money , Barney is no where near top ten these days but as a darts fan I probally still want him in it in his last year.
  • Options

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

I would not have picked James Wade, I hope he loses every game
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

Harsh on Whitlock but its all about money , Barney is no where near top ten these days but as a darts fan I probally still want him in it in his last year.

It's all part of Barney's farewell tour - the crowds love him even if he's not playing well.

The two nights in Rotterdam are going to be amazing with Barney and MVG, especially if they have a head-to-head scheduled. The second night is Judgement Night - surely they wouldn't put RVB v MVG then, would they?!
  • Options

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

Would've liked to have seen Chizzy or even Lewis over Wade but i guess Wade is above them both in the order of merit so can't really complain
  • Options

Top four rankings
    MVG
    Cross
    Wright
    Anderson

PDC picks
    Gurney
    Price
    Wade
    M Smith

Sky picks
    Suljovic
    RVB

Would've liked to have seen Chizzy or even Lewis over Wade but i guess Wade is above them both in the order of merit so can't really complain
    Wade is a twat.
    Price is a twat.

That's the elimination places wrapped up for me.
  • Options
    It’s all a bit pantomime villain stuff. If it was just the ten best/most promising players then it could get a bit boring. Only two or three have a legitimate chance of winning it overall and MVG will probably romp it. Therefore, the more “characters” like Wade or Price who will prompt a lot of audience participation are always going to get the nod over some promising youngsters who, as Hearn said, have been thrust into it before and flopped. In any case, the two mentioned have won big trophies this year and are pretty much in on merit anyway. That together with the Barney farewell tour and this was a very easy choice in my book. Hearn said as much yesterday.

I really didn’t get into the darts this festive season like I usually do. Last year had the Taylor pantomime attached to it and for me this year felt a little characterless with the extended field meaning a lot of matches in the first few days that didn’t move me to switch on. I think MVG was also such a massive favourite that the sense of excitement never really got going.