Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Go onto the PDC Twitter site, they have a link on their that works
  • Options
    l

Great idea in theory, in practice less so.  Looks like they were using webcams from 20 years ago!
  • Options
    Darts were quality tonight. Picture quality had improved from last night and we were treated to a Nine Darter from Luke Woodhouse against Gerwyn Price. 
    Peter Wright and Gerwyn price both knocked out in first round!!! 
  • Options
    I see that Dave Clark has retired from presenting Darts on Sky after 22 years. He was diagnosed 10 years ago with Parkinsons and has decided to step down but turn his hand to other things including writing about his experiences.

Good luck Dave.
    I admire him so much, good luck for what the future may hold.
  • Options
    I see that Dave Clark has retired from presenting Darts on Sky after 22 years. He was diagnosed 10 years ago with Parkinsons and has decided to step down but turn his hand to other things including writing about his experiences.

Good luck Dave.

Great presenter. Have a lot of respect and admiration for him when I see him presenting the darts. As mentioned in his interview the doctors said he will only be able to present 1 or 2 more years of darts in TV but 10 years later he is still able to do it!!! Wish him all the best.

Looking forward to the World Matchplay starting on Saturday!! 
  • Options
    the fake crowd noise isnt rowdy enough for a real Darts crowd 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I wonder if Sky will put a boo track on for Gerwyn Price, to make him feel like normal 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Andy Goldstein been presenting the Premier League the last 2 nights on SkySports 

Hope he isnt Dave Clarkes permanent replacement, don't think he fits darts well.

Thought Nigel Pearson was doing well previous few nights 
  • Options
    Quality week of darts
    9 darter from Peter Wright last njght
    Tonight he misses D12 for a second 9 darter! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality week of darts
    9 darter from Peter Wright last njght
    Tonight he misses D12 for a second 9 darter! 
    He missed a double 12 for a 9 darter the other day as well
  • Options
    Some mad results this week, MVG losing a few times and playing everyday really hard to call some of it. Durrant seems to be the man to beat at the moment, Anderson should have beat him 7-3 up and drew 7-7. He is good but his natural style is really hard for people to play against (too slow obv) 

I think its on every night from tonight again, i might be wrong but give you something to follow and hard to call.
  • Options
    Some mad results this week, MVG losing a few times and playing everyday really hard to call some of it. Durrant seems to be the man to beat at the moment, Anderson should have beat him 7-3 up and drew 7-7. He is good but his natural style is really hard for people to play against (too slow obv) 

I think its on every night from tonight again, i might be wrong but give you something to follow and hard to call.
    Play restarts on Wednesday and the league phase finishes on Saturday night.

I've liked the look of Duzza, doesn't seem too fazed if he finds himself three or four legs down and backs himself to come back.

MVG is looking vulnerable at the moment, Anderson, Wright, and Aspinall are playing OK but results are up and down.

Some things don't change though: Gerwyn Price is still a bellend.
  • Options

Play restarts on Wednesday and the league phase finishes on Saturday night.

I've liked the look of Duzza, doesn't seem too fazed if he finds himself three or four legs down and backs himself to come back.

MVG is looking vulnerable at the moment, Anderson, Wright, and Aspinall are playing OK but results are up and down.

Some things don't change though: Gerwyn Price is still a bellend.
    Thanks Briston, i wasn't sure when it was restarting i was guessing i should have looked lol 

I like what Duzza says, seems a nice bloke and really living his dream.. but he is a bit slow for me, but clinical and players need to learn to adjust to playing him. He also does hit alot of big outs and at crucial times so people need to find a way to beat him. 

MVG is, but i always think he is too much of a fighter and a winner to keep struggling. It wouldn't surprise me if he hits a bit of form this week, i just cant see him keep struggling. Shame Cross has looked so out of touch recently, hopefully he can come back stronger always followed him a bi. 

All of the players are so good when they hit form it really is hard to call, Anderson played superb for 2 nights then ran into someone (pre duzza), Smith looked ok for a match or 2, Price is a bellend but also looks to have found some form. I think Anderson might be a good bet outright, says he doesn't practice enough normally so playing every night can only help. Still most would say MVG as he hits top gear noone is stopping him, but for a bit of value Ando. 
  • Options
    WALES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I thought i would bump this, Darts on ITV4 right now. No snooker to watch, but the players championship. Just had a cracker Dirv Van Dujvenbode William O Connor, both averaged over 100. 6-4 to DVD. Last weeks grandslam on sky 'the special one' won which was incredible De Sousa, some real quality darts of late, no fans but some very good games.  

Smith up next 
  • Options
    Wow another cracker, i wont put updates in but Smith 4-3 up, has hit checkouts of 141 + 145, got 7 perfect darts in second leg and lost. 
    Person who he is playing Kcmar currently on 108 average, Smith on 100
  • Options
    Smith wins 6-4 guy he played averaged 108, terrific game TBF. i am off for some lunch so not updating just letting people know if they wanted to watch. Cross next.. 
  • Options
    I see they are allowing fans into the World Championships next month.
    I'll be giving that a swerve for the first time in a long time. 
  • Options
    Are they? Thought it was only outdoor venues allowed crowds 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Are they? Thought it was only outdoor venues allowed crowds 
    No not just outdoor venues as Snooker is the same as Darts crowds allowed for The Masters at Ally Pally now and they are even talking about trying to get a crowd in at The UK Championship from the Quarter Final stage if they can 
  • Options
    MVG beat Mervyn King 11-10 in the final, i lost track of it from when i posted unfortunately, half following results. He beat Price 11-8 in the semis
  • Options
    MVG beat Mervyn King 11-10 in the final, i lost track of it from when i posted unfortunately, half following results. He beat Price 11-8 in the semis

Merv did well and came back from breaks down on a few occasions but having taken the match to a deciding leg he couldn't quite finish it.

He did get rather fed up of MVG's excessive celebrations though and there was a bit of classic Merv when he fired in a 126 check-out on the bull to break the MVG throw, thought about giving it large, and decided against it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLLRCoAP37o

• Options
    Absolutely gutted not to be going to Ally Pally this year. 

Great day out, last year was there Friday and then at Loftus Road on the Saturday. Would love a weekend like that again. 
  • Options

Great day out, last year was there Friday and then at Loftus Road on the Saturday. Would love a weekend like that again. 
    https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/12/02/202021-william-hill-world-championship-ticket-information
  • Options

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/12/02/202021-william-hill-world-championship-ticket-information
    Here’s hoping. Will be logged on tomorrow in time to get a table ticket.
  • Options
    Anyone purchase tickets for the darts. Got an afternoon session. Never been before so cannot wait to tick this off my sport bucket list.
  • Options
    Anyone purchase tickets for the darts. Got an afternoon session. Never been before so cannot wait to tick this off my sport bucket list.

Never been before but it's on my list as well. Have always been told it's a brilliant afternoon/evening. Enjoy mate 
  • Options
    What happens if London goes into tier 3 on Wednesday.  Assume it means fans would no longer be allowed at the event?
  • Options
    Bet they are regretting putting tickets on sale now