Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst ever Charlton manager?

Comments

• Options
    Ross_cafc said:

It's a tough gig for him - do you play a system that you don't believe in to cater to the poor players you've inherited or do you try to get them to play in a system that you believe will be more successful, give the better players some time to get used to it and bring in players in January to replace those who aren't good enough/can't adapt? Not sure we can really judge him yet. The gutless performance is likely more on the players than him - no manager is going to send a team out with the instruction to play half-arsed - as adult professional athletes, they fundamentally chose whether they graft or not.

He's awaiting email instructions from The Douche !!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I reckon Nugent used a bit of psychology on the squad that Slade had been working with especially those that he had signed with the old 'you owe it to the gaffer, show the owner he should have been given more time, now go out there and express yourselves'............... and they did.

New scouser bloke comes in with a new system plenty of old chat, spent half the home cup tie speaking to anyone who cared to listen rather than watching the game.

No way Nugent was going to stay or abandon his old governor Slade so the players have to go back to square one for the seventh time in under 3 years.

And so the merry go round continues, is it any wonder we are in such a state.
  • Options

He's inherited a shite team . A truly gutless shite team. I can only properly judge him when he has his own players. ( if the players he gets in are his own)

What were the results of the games immediately before he assumed control?
    I can't be arsed to find out but I do know that the injuries that we have picked up since his arrival haven't helped.
    Calling for the managers head after 4 games makes us as bad as the regime surely?
    Lets wait and see what happens in the transfer window.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Don't be so tough on the guy, at least give him another 11 games!
  • Options
    Didnt Powell win hist first four matches?
  • Options

He's inherited a shite team . A truly gutless shite team. I can only properly judge him when he has his own players. ( if the players he gets in are his own)

I can't be arsed to find out but I do know that the injuries that we have picked up since his arrival haven't helped.
    Calling for the managers head after 4 games makes us as bad as the regime surely?
    He's come in and we've produced a series of shocking performances against MK Dons, Pboro and Millwall. I have no confidence in him..
    Tired of hearing excuse after excuse for our useless managers and players.

• Options

I don't remember calling for the manager's head.
    I personally don't care who the manager is, as no manager can succeed under this regime. I'm amazed that anyone is prepared to take the job knowing what a basket-case of a club we are, unless it's for the guaranteed pay-off when you get binned after a few months.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Holmes | Rudd | Solly were already out prior to him signing though, he's only lost Novak and Pearce since he's come in so the first three havent really existed under him
  • Options
    Yep Powell won his first 4 then I think he lost 4 in a row? Either way, Karl has done worse obviously.

I think worst starting run was Parky who didn't win first 8 games in charge as caretaker on the way to a record breaking 18 games without a win. Did in remember right?
  • Options

Still waiting till january. I'm pretty angry, but that's been the way of it at the Valley for three years now - but Robinson can forget about the media for a bit in my opinión, and try to get Nugent to explain how he got them to score goals. And make it clear to the imbéciles in charge that they need to splash out in january.

Love him to prove me wrong, but I honestly think he's a one trick pony and the horse has already bolted. For January, read February (Meire will screw this window up like all the others), and then we'll just plod through to the end of the season in 12th/15th place and herald the dawn of a new era with manager n°12
  • Options
    Fuck him and fuck charlton athletic. It was embarrassing tonight. Absolute fucking jokers the lot of them
  • Options

We had a transfer window last summer; another in January 2016, another in the summer of 2015; and again in January 2015... What happens? We've been relegated and are currently languishing in 14th place in L1. That's what happens after the transfer window
  • Options
    We have a manager who is a clueless tactically inept out if his depth bullshitting ego maniac scouse prick

I hated him before he came in I hate him more now
    Roland out Powell in

See you at Southend
  • Options
    He needs a transfer window and probably the summer window. Judge him then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone actually believe we will get players in that will improve this team in January? More scouse bullshit from KR the new stooge .
  • Options

He needs a transfer window and probably the summer window. Judge him then.

he won't be here by then
    Behave
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

It's a tough gig for him - do you play a system that you don't believe in to cater to the poor players you've inherited or do you try to get them to play in a system that you believe will be more successful, give the better players some time to get used to it and bring in players in January to replace those who aren't good enough/can't adapt? Not sure we can really judge him yet. The gutless performance is likely more on the players than him - no manager is going to send a team out with the instruction to play half-arsed - as adult professional athletes, they fundamentally chose whether they graft or not.

To force a system on a group of players who are incapable is madness

Use a new system from the start of the season when you can train and recruit all summer accordingly.

For now he simply has to assess what he has and play a system to best suit.

Seems so obvious
    This, this and this.

He knows perfectly well that it's not working with this group.

He probably knew that as soon as he came in and saw that we didn't have a number 10, don't have a decent CDM, system doesn't suit Ajose and our best winger is injured. But yet he's played the same shite for 5 games.

I'd love to see how he sees it at training.

Fair enough if he wants to get players in in January to suit his system. But for now, just play what suits them. The man is a fool.
  • Options
    My gut feeling is. KR's emphasis on the importantance of Januarys transfer window is underlining the fear that he has been told the budget and he's not going to be able to do a lot with it let alone forfill any dreams he may have had. It's just impression that I'm getting that he may have misunderstood what the club will do for him up against what the club expects of him. Hey, it's just an opinion officer.;)
  • Options
    He's a clown, just lie all the others we are a laughing stock