Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Hanlan has gone on loan to Bromley. Good luck to him, from what i've seen of him he doesn't look great. Would prefer Umerah as a back up
  • edited January 2017
    Could be useful to keep ice off the pitch.

Do we need a marquee? Maybe to have some sort of fete at the traing ground in the summer?

More scones vicar?

• A marquee signing, are we buying The Great British Bake Off tent?
  • Hanlan has gone on loan to Bromley. Good luck to him, from what i've seen of him he doesn't look great. Would prefer Umerah as a back up

The ban on emergency loans in the Football League has been very good for the National League, as that's the only place you can send someone for a short period, and they'll be getting players who previously may have gone to a L2 side
  • edited January 2017

Hanlan has gone on loan to Bromley. Good luck to him, from what i've seen of him he doesn't look great. Would prefer Umerah as a back up

From what I've seen of him he looks promising. Fast and strong. Bromley loan ideal for him right now.
  • FFS spend some money on decent players to get us out of this shit league. Knew this would happen. Plenty promised bugger all achieved. Even if then spent a quatre of the money that has come in. Joke. Fuck off Roland.

Agreed Robinson promised us but yet again RD won't give a manager the money! Robbo won't stand for that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed Robinson promised us but yet again RD won't give a manager the money! Robbo won't stand for that!

What's he going to do? Go to Belgium and beg the organ grinder again?
  • How people continue to be taken in by all the bull shit that comes out of the club amazes me.

Me too
    But they do
  • Robinson wants to buy iconic rock club in Soho

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15768/charlton-still-weighing-marquee-signing-robinson-reveals-january-transfer-window-dilemma/

“If we are going to bring someone else in it will be a marquee one that sets the benchmark of what we want to do. But it might not happen."

To be fair, after his comments the other day about Will Grigg being out of our reach due to being in a championship team, along with the rumours that we had inquired, I would hazard a guess that he is the player he is talking about here. I wouldn't consider Reeves a marquee signing and Grigg also ticks the box of Robinson wanting to sign a player who improves us "at the top of the field"
  • With Mag being out for 4-7 weeks, we are thin up top, surely a 2017 version of Deon Burton can't be that hard to find
  • Omar Bogle fits for me. Young, big and scores goals. I know others have said that others are looking, make a better offer. Simples. It is what our owners says we do. Buy em young and sell em on.
  • JamesSeed said:

Maybe we should start a thread for non Charlton transfer rumours?

So do we put non-Charlton non-rumours on that thread, too?
  • JamesSeed said:

Yes that would be great thanks.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It's over five hours since you requested that, so it would appear you've managed to kill this thread.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It's over five hours since you requested that, so it would appear you've managed to kill this thread.
    Until there's a Charlton related transfer rumour. Job done ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope I'm wrong, but most of the Lookman & Fox money has disappeared into Roland's network, we'll be buying or loaning players no better than we have already. Robinson's been lied to just like the rest of us. One week of the January transfer window to go,you can only hope, but another season in league 1 is inevitable
  • No Reeves in the MK dons squad
  • Come on they have shown their intent...

Someone on here has already mentioned a marquee signing!
  • Really hope we get Reeves
  • barstool said:

No Reeves in the MK dons squad

Did not need him won 5-3
  • They signed a kid from Leicester in the week who scored today. Centre midfielder. Think Reeves could be off....but I imagine he has other clubs after him.
  • Think Robinson has been clever the way he has dealt with it, he must know Reeves well and have a good relationship with him. If he is indeed off, expect him to be here by February.

Until Magennis is back, think we could still be able to put out a team which should have enough attacking threat to cause problems if we sign Reeves.

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt
  • Ben Reeves has got a groin injury.
  • KR at MK Dons game today
  • dickplumb said:

Ben Reeves has got a groin injury.

Bollocks