Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

Ben Reeves has got a groin injury.

Bollocks
    No, groin.
  • KR at MK Dons game today

Does he still live up there?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Why, has he been sold?

Looks like an article written by an agent in order to push up the price a tad to me.
  • KR at MK Dons game today

Asking for his old job back no doubt.
  • Sage said:

Think Robinson has been clever the way he has dealt with it, he must know Reeves well and have a good relationship with him. If he is indeed off, expect him to be here by February.

Until Magennis is back, think we could still be able to put out a team which should have enough attacking threat to cause problems if we sign Reeves.

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo
  • edited January 2017
    uie2 said:

Sage said:

Think Robinson has been clever the way he has dealt with it, he must know Reeves well and have a good relationship with him. If he is indeed off, expect him to be here by February.

Until Magennis is back, think we could still be able to put out a team which should have enough attacking threat to cause problems if we sign Reeves.

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo
    Good player with potential, not replacing any player in that XI, sort of player that would learn lots from just training with the first team
  • uie2 said:

Sage said:

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo
    Good player with potential, not replacing any player in that XI, sort of player that would learn lots from just training with the first team
    Exactly my thinking, if we were to sign Reeves, there's no doubt he would be the better option. Aribo has been class since he came into the team, but if we were to sign Reeves and want to push for play offs this season, there's no debate.

Aribo has great potential and there's no harm him being on the bench still in and around the first team. Right now he'll be learning loads from just that experience, without even needing to play games.

I really hope we manage to sign Reeves and one other, maybe a striker is most pressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Ba still training with the Storks of Holland?
  • Sage said:

uie2 said:

Sage said:

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo
    Exactly my thinking, if we were to sign Reeves, there's no doubt he would be the better option. Aribo has been class since he came into the team, but if we were to sign Reeves and want to push for play offs this season, there's no debate.

Aribo has great potential and there's no harm him being on the bench still in and around the first team. Right now he'll be learning loads from just that experience, without even needing to play games.

I really hope we manage to sign Reeves and one other, maybe a striker is most pressing.
    Aribo is worth more than a place on the bench.
    But then what does a woman know?
  • Sage said:

uie2 said:

Sage said:

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo

Women know it all.
  • Sage said:

uie2 said:

Sage said:

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo

Right now yes, because he is our player and has done well since being in the team.

My point is that if Reeves does sign, there is no competition of who is the better player and option right now.

It's always nice to have good young players in the team doing well, but I would rather have the strongest team available out and playing, and if Reeves is to sign, that would include him.

Aribo is also very young and learning the game at senior level, you have to be careful with young players and manage them properly. No harm in having him on the bench in future if that was to happen.

You would struggle to find a stronger three behind the main striker of Byrne, Reeves and Holmes in League One. Aribo will get there, just got to manage it correctly.
  • Sage said:

uie2 said:

Sage said:

Rudd
    Solly Tex Bauer Chicksen
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Byrne Reeves Holmes
    Watt

Bit unfair on Aribo

Women know it all.
    For sale: Full set of a Encyclopaedia Britannica. No longer required as wife knows everything
  • Robbie Keane anyone?he says he has had offers and will join a club this month although old could do a job at this level in the number 10 position and could get us out of this league and has only just finished playing in america so should be reasonably fit.maybe this is our big signing?
  • we need a playmaker and a striker who can play up top, hoping we get them.
  • We need reeves redhenry and another muscle up front
  • Robbie Keane anyone?he says he has had offers and will join a club this month although old could do a job at this level in the number 10 position and could get us out of this league and has only just finished playing in america so should be reasonably fit.maybe this is our big signing?

I think i read somewhere that he may return to Preston. I doubt he would play in league 1. Would definately score goals at this level though. Just have to hope that Watt finds form and our midfield chips in with goals over the next month or two.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15771/charlton-set-listen-offers-big-summer-signing-backed-get-back-goal-trail/

Ajose backed to score goals but we're willing to listen to offers

Sounds like another high wage earner loaned out not a sale.
  • Not a rumour but - Kyle Lafferty anyone.
    Always on the bench for Norwich.
    Looks good when he comes on.
    One or two off field problems but has played in the same N.I. team as Josh Magennis.
  • Not a rumour but - Kyle Lafferty anyone.
    Always on the bench for Norwich.
    Looks good when he comes on.
    One or two off field problems but has played in the same N.I. team as Josh Magennis.

Good player.
    I doubt he would drop to league one though
  • Redhenry said:

we need a playmaker and a striker who can play up top, hoping we get them.

Are we even trying?

Unless we move two on we won't get two in IMO.
  • A shame we bag a fella who scored 25 last season then it seems as if he'll be sold.
  • A shame we bag a fella who scored 25 last season then it seems as if he'll be sold.

Scouts need to see players in action rather than buy based on stats. Dreissen or Slade?
  • Can't see another signing coming in. Plays offs looks to far away so I expect no significant signings and youngesters to play from march onwards.
  • Not enough goals in the team. Not going anywhere this season. Another failure Katrien Meire.