Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Katy was moved on.........

Blackpool 72 previously suggested that RD should move her onto one of his other clubs(a great idea).On the basis that he still won't sell -and he replaced her with a competent CEO - this would be a significant step forward IMO.Would this be enough to bring some of the boycotters back?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    More chance of me winning the Lottery. Still it's good to dream

If he's was going to anything like that he would have done it 2 years ago. However he thinks the sun shines out of her bottom and she is doing a wonderful job.
  • Ain't gonna happen, her CV is not complete yet.
  • edited December 2016
    Sticking plasters are no good Ray full invasive surgery is required. Sell the club and everything else should be taken care of like the SMT, Driesen and anything aligned to the Regime. Leopards don't change their spots!
  • If She was replaced under RD the new incumbent would continue with the social experiment and football related experiment still be undertaken at the club. So, no change in effect. "the fans will have to get used to the way the major shareholder does things now" she said it in Ireland and its as true for the regime now as it was then.
  • I hope her tenure here haunts her career forever
  • I can't speak for anyone else, but if RD thinks that removing his first choice of CEO and installing his second choice will encourage me back, he's wrong. Again.
  • Simple answer is NO.

Reasons for that already stated by the other comments.

IMO its best she stays at the club while RD owns it, that way there is no grey, just clear black & white ball sh#t fully broadcast in her inevitable incompetent way.
  • Sponsored links:

• He considers her "family" so, no chance.
  • It would be a significant step, even some of our friends in SE7 Valiants have said they would welcome the move....

Will never happen though. One goes both go...
  • @raytreacy69 Are you lonely or something?
    Is your seat in an empty block?
    Give it up man, we're not coming back!
  • Well that's your choice mate and I won't shed any tears for you.Some of us are Charlton till we die - come what may .Its what's being a football fan is about supporting your team through the good and bad
  • It would be a start if she was sacked.
  • He's not going to move her on as that would be an indication that he was wrong and we are right, and Roland does not do weakness. So we are stuck with the talentless liability that Meire is as long as he remains.
  • It would be a significant step, even some of our friends in SE7 Valiants have said they would welcome the move....

Will never happen though. One goes both go...

I am prepared to wager a tidy sum that the "some" does not include Sue!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• He bought this club for her. That's what this boils down to.

She goes,he goes.
  • It would be a start if she was sacked.

I agree. It would at least paint a picture of there being a new approach (a "new era", even) and a recognition that things have not been done correctly in the past.
  • Well that's your choice mate and I won't shed any tears for you.Some of us are Charlton till we die - come what may .Its what's being a football fan is about supporting your team through the good and bad

There is a difference between supporting through good and bad football wise and blithely accepting the Club being run by an absent owner who doesn't give a shit. What is your breaking point out of interest? Would you still be supporting them when there isn't a Club to support?
  • Why would anyone want to put money into a club, even though it is OUR club when the owner openly tells us that he had no ambition for it?

He has no intention of allowing us to dream of 'what if' scenarios again as I once had as a kid in the 60s and 70s. We all largely watched dross back then but at no time did we have an owner an ceo telling us this is all you are ever going to get.

We didn't have an owner telling 98 percent of fans that we are stupid.

@raytreacy69 you are clearly happy to be treated like a mug, not saying you are one, but I ain't, so no that won't be enough for me.
  • Blackpool 72 previously suggested that RD should move her onto one of his other clubs(a great idea).On the basis that he still won't sell -and he replaced her with a competent CEO - this would be a significant step forward IMO.Would this be enough to bring some of the boycotters back?

If it was a choice, I'd be more happy with that in reverse. A new decent owner with KM brown nosing them

When I went to a car dealers some years ago, the bloke there said that in the trade there are mainly two kinds of customer. 'Floppers' and 'Ruckers'.
    I am sure the regime is glad that they maintain the unquestioning support of the 'floppers', but to keep them honest, to act as a critical friend, to give feedback, reaction, and suggestions means that many supporters act more like 'ruckers'. Both are examples of loyal fans, just as the car dealer saw both types as potential car purchasers.
    Your definition about being a proper Charlton is not the entire story, not in the least bit.
  • edited December 2016
    Off_it said:

It would be a start if she was sacked.

I agree. It would at least paint a picture of there being a new approach (a "new era", even) and a recognition that things have not been done correctly in the past.
    For reasons expressed earlier, I don't agree.

If there was any real willingness on the part of RD to acknowledge that Meire had erred or under performed in the CEO role, as she most patently and publicly has, he would have dispensed with her long ago.

Instead, she is free to disrespect the history of the club and its fans for the simple reason that Meire occupies a sinecure post and as long as she adheres to the long-term Duchatelet network vision (details of which are emerging via his control of STVV on another thread) where the football is just one component of a wider social and commercially driven experiment, then she will remain and in RDs words 'be protected.'

So, it is wishful thinking of the most desperate kind to imagine that in the unlikely event of Meire being removed from the CEO role and recycled elsewhere in the network that it would herald a new era! A network Meire clone would simply be brought in to carry on as before.

There will be no new era, there will be no new beggining until such time as Duchatelet withdraws from this club and passes guardianship to a consortium which has the footballing ambition of the club at its heart, not an impossible Utopian dream of fans dancing in the streets following the win/lose or draw match day experience.

• RD is happy to sack anyone who underperforms, except his favourite 'niece' KM. I honestly think it's all a big CV building exercise for her. If it is, would RD sell if we get promoted (which ain't gonna happen) because KM will be able to spin that as success to any new employer? In short, she won't be sacked.
  • Blackpool 72 previously suggested that RD should move her onto one of his other clubs(a great idea).On the basis that he still won't sell -and he replaced her with a competent CEO - this would be a significant step forward IMO.Would this be enough to bring some of the boycotters back?

It's a no from me, the owners will need to go to get me back to the Valley. And please don't question my dedication as a fan. Looking at your user name I would guess we have something in common as I started watching Charlton with my dad in the 68/69 season. I have lost count of the number of seasons I have been a season ticket holder.

#notapennymore