Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The big QUESTION,Tuesday, who is,who isn't Fit?

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Please don't be in denial as Medders will capture you on film? You only have yourselfs to blame ,WHO Has and WHO hasn't been in training... come on own up.
Remeber all the evidence will appear on here later for all to see.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not, but that's why I always sit on the 'right' side of the camera... ;-)
  • Options
    Ive had a really bad cold all week. tried to sweat it out up the field but ive resigned to the fact that I'm gunna have to be carried off the pitch in roughly 3 and a half minutes.
  • Options
    Well this morning I got up before breakfast and did a couple of miles.....was hoping to do another mile up Shooters Hill, but Dave said he couldn't carry me any more;)
    The TRUTH is I was hoping to get out and become a bit fitter than I'm gonna be for next Tuesday, but life has been pretty hectic lately so it hasn't happened. I'm not desperately unfit, I can jog a couple of miles, being passed by grannies and heavily pregnant women on the way, but I'm just going to enjoy the day and try and touch the ball at least ONCE :)

I'll be rubbish mate, don't worry, and anyone else out there panicking !
    Anyway as long as I get on the pitch, I have this horrible feeling I'm going to trip in the tunnel on the way onto it, and lay there out cold with everyone stepping over me ;)
  • Options
    i've had 1/2hr exercise in three years, and my legs ached for 5 days after that, so i have very low expectations !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Well this morning I got up before breakfast and did a couple of miles.....was hoping to do another mile up Shooters Hill, but Dave said he couldn't carry me any more;)
    The TRUTH is I was hoping to get out and become a bit fitter than I'm gonna be for next Tuesday, but life has been pretty hectic lately so it hasn't happened. I'm not desperately unfit, I can jog a couple of miles, being passed by grannies and heavily pregnant women on the way, but I'm just going to enjoy the day and try and touch the ball at least ONCE :)

I'll be rubbish mate, don't worry, and anyone else out there panicking !
    Anyway as long as I get on the pitch, I have this horrible feeling I'm going to trip in the tunnel on the way onto it, and lay there out cold with everyone stepping over me ;)

well this morning I got up and done one mile and three breakfasts ; )
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Please don't be in denial as Medders will capture you on film? You only have yourselfs to blame ,WHO Has and WHO hasn't been in training... come on own up.
    Remeber all the evidence will appear on here later for all to see.
    I will be using a body double for any camera appearance, one of the tellitubbies
  • Options
    well this was supposed to be my fitness power weekend, but instead Ive been home blowing my nose on average once every 14 seconds and even to the point where I coughed and tripped on the stairs slightly teaking my knee.. so Ive got the tiger balm, my tissues and a load of strapping, But ill make it, I dont care if I have to be wheeled out, Ill get out there.. the reality is that Im in the 'desprately unfit' club.. this is more a case of fulfiling a dream than setting the valley alight.. Just hope the knee clears up..and I can stop coughing my flippin throat out...
  • Options
    Well, I got back from holiday on Friday - and how much training can you do on holiday, apart from the beer swilling???

Like everybody else, I'd planned to be super fit ready to carry my team single handed to victory.....
    Anyway, I can jog around for an hour and you might even see a couple of slow motion sprints, but only a couple.

I'm coming up specially from oggy munching Cornwall to make my Valley pitch debut, so I'm fired up......! ;-)
  • Options
    I would be ok if it wasnt for a random bad back that has been bothering me for last couple of days! Typical that it would strike with Tuesday coming!!
  • Options
    I played my first game in 2 years on Thursday. Just a five a side match. After 5 minutes I had to go in goal but once I'd gone through the pain barrier it wasnt too bad. That was until I woke up Friday morning. Saturday wasnt any better, but today I am no longer aching in places I didnt know I had muscles so there is hope. However I now have a bloody ear infection and my balance is all over the place . I dont care though. I'd have to be on crutches not to make my debut on the hallowed turf. Is Pardew on the look out for a new striker? Im here Pards. Just try and ignore the random balance issues and falling over a lot. Heskey does it all the time and he played for England!
  • Options
    i'm nursing a bit of a calf strain but got through an hour long kick about in the back garden with my son. It ended in a spirited twelve all draw and a slightly bent aerial on my radio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a few pints this lunchtime and by 4pm he goal I've dreamt of scoring had become an absolute scorcher !!
  • Options
    I dunno about a football match, this is becoming an audition for casualty : )
  • Options
    I've been in training with my right hand? Need to keep lifting them pint glasses in the bar afterwards?
  • Options
    After reading about you lot with all your colds, bad backs and falling over even without the ball, I'm feeling just a bit more optimistic...... ;-)
  • Options
    I'm sure the Porkers will be a finely tuned footballing machine on Tuesday
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I've never been fitter fatter

3 BBQ's and 2 fry ups at the weekend , lovely

I hope WIMPY is open on tuesday
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    eh
  • Options
    i've managed to put on 10 lbs in the build up, weighing just under 15 stone now, my legs are aching after first cricket game of the season , i'll definitely have to let the ball do the work
  • Options
    A 5 K warm down lunch time today, should see me ready to go tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I've never been[strike]fitter[/strike]fatter

Skipper, you should be setting an example! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I've never been[strike]fitter[/strike]fatter

Skipper, you should be setting an example! ;-)

I was under instructions from our Manager mate ;-)))
  • Options
    I've started eating raw steak ;)
  • Options
    Played in a Charity Match over at Chipstead on Saturday morning for a team basically made out of Night clubbers. This friendly turned out to be against Chipstead FC First Team on the main pitch who had just won the Courage Combined Counties League & have been promoted to Ryman South. The bloke I was marking was on £300 a week. Needless to say we got run all over the pitch with them barely breaking into a sweat. I finished the game with my knee blown up like a balloon & a fat lip. I spent most of yesterday Icing my knee & taking anti-inflammatories. Gonna be touch & Go whether I am fit to play now.
  • Options
    I finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and offered my lining services to AFKA after seeing that they didn't have some fot eh 2nd game. Lo and behold i got knocked off my bike and suffered cracked ribs which are still not healed and I am fooked to line you rabble.

Gutted as I was looking forward to giving a few moody decisions amd sticking my flag up for no reason now and again just to wind you lot up.

Shame but hey I'm alive
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Played in a Charity Match over at Chipstead on Saturday morning for a team basically made out of Night clubbers. This friendly turned out to be against Chipstead FC First Team on the main pitch who had just won the Courage Combined Counties League & have been promoted to Ryman South. The bloke I was marking was on £300 a week. Needless to say we got run all over the pitch with them barely breaking into a sweat. I finished the game with my knee blown up like a balloon & a fat lip. I spent most of yesterday Icing my knee & taking anti-inflammatories. Gonna be touch & Go whether I am fit to play now.[/quote]

They bottle going ay fella, you should stuck to my line of training no problems occured and am fit and ready!!
  • Options
    Feck me, they're dropping like flies... at this rate, it'll be one game of five a side!
  • Options
    I tried a bit of jogging on the beach last weekend in preparation. Barefoot was not a good idea, as I have since been struggling with a sprained ankle. Fortunately it's my left, so only my standing leg. I'll make it onto the pitch, and hope to touch the ball at least once - can I take a throw-in, please?!

The effort will no doubt make my ankle ten times worse, but only need to manage a couple of days' more week before a week on holiday to recuperate...
  • Options
    I am in tip top shape, no injuries but one problem, i am not that fit! Although I hope to last the whole game! bring it on
  • Options
    played two 5-a-side games last week without anything more worrying than minor grazing.

did more damage playing baseball & bowling on the nintendo wii yesterday, me arm is sore this morning.
  • Options
    Well the knee is feeling pretty good, and Im coughing up the kind of stuff that could cement a wall together which is a good sign as it means the illness is leaving me so I'm confident Im gonna be total ready for tomorrow. Just need to pop down the road and get a haircut for the inevitable rush of paparazzi due to oue appearance at the Valley.

By the way is there any spare pads floating about or should I pop down the shops?