Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton | New Years Eve | 1pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes these games between Christmas and New year between two teams that don't quite know what they are in the league yet turn out to be belters. I will go for 3-4. Now I've posted this suggest every one else does 0-0.
  • Options
    Every 6 months I try my luck: Kashi anywhere near fit yet..?
  • Options
    Quite a weak team. Fox will probably not play either. I think we will lose this one. Roll on the new year.
    Oh, Thanks ForeverAddicted for the good previews.
  • Options
    I reckon they'll give us a good pasting. 3-0/4-1, Roots Hall is pretty much sold out in the home areas and they're on quite the run, with a stable, balanced team. We on the other hand have more injuries than we've had managers and what's left ain't great, especially as Lookman is unlikely to feature.
  • Options
    VERY foggy in Essex this morning .. is it the same in London and Kent ? .. I REALLY hope that the game is not in danger of being postponed albeit in 24 hours time
  • Options
    fog is going to clear tomorrow so can't use that as a get out
  • Options
    Sorry everyone, but I've arranged post match drinks with my Shrimper mates - only one way this is going :wink:
  • Options

VERY foggy in Essex this morning. is it the same in London and Kent ? .. I REALLY hope that the game is not in danger of being postponed albeit in 24 hours time

I'm in Wakering; a few miles out from Southend and always foggier. There's been a fair bit of mist in the last few days, nothing bad enough to stop a match though.
  • Options
    Another defeat and the dawn glimpsed in that 0-1 win at MK proves to be false. Karl sacked, O'Loughlin (or however it's spelt) appointed with a brief to get us dancing and forget the football.
  • Options
    Never mind all this crap, when does the disco start afterwards?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

VERY foggy in Essex this morning. is it the same in London and Kent ? .. I REALLY hope that the game is not in danger of being postponed albeit in 24 hours time

I'm in Wakering; a few miles out from Southend and always foggier. There's been a fair bit of mist in the last few days, nothing bad enough to stop a match though.
    I'm upriver in Thurrock .. hotel room overlooks the lake .. 11.50 and I still can't see the opposite bank about 100 yards (sorry, metres) away ... forecast for Southend tomorrow though is 8 degrees and cloudy
  • Options
    I'm expecting this game will sum up Charlton Athletics 2016 quite nicely. 3 nil defeat.

Let's hope next year we have something to celebrate.
  • Options
    Final game of the year, too many injuries to cope with, no new players until Monday at the earliest, sadly a 2-1 loss. The return of the match thread from midday.
  • Options

Stig said:

I'm upriver in Thurrock .. hotel room overlooks the lake .. 11.50 and I still can't see the opposite bank about 100 yards (sorry, metres) away ... forecast for Southend tomorrow though is 8 degrees and cloudy
    Shorts weather lincs?
  • Options
    With the cloob's latest Alex Ferguson unable to field players that are to be sold or returning to their parent clubs in the transfer window, we'll probably field 6 U18s in the starting line-up (with subs selected from those fanscustomers wearing the most up to date shirt). Roger Johnson wearing the captain's armband, the first name on the teamsheet.

A convincing 2-0 win...

For Southend.
  • Options

Stig said:

If you dash back to your hotel after the match, you'll be able to look out the window and see Great Wakering Rovers take on Thurrock - well, the second half anyway.
  • Options
    sm said:

"The Addicks have been dealt another blow with Ademola Lookman having to miss Friday’s training session through illness. He is unlikely to feature,"

From the official site - they just cannot help themselves can they.

That really is quite pathetic from the club.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

If you dash back to your hotel after the match, you'll be able to look out the window and see Great Wakering Rovers take on Thurrock - well, the second half anyway.
    Don't tell Elfsborg
  • Options
    Lookman unfit to play ! That's a massive surprise and shock !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we went a few years ago I remember parking in a school nearby. Anybody know if this is still an option and what the name of the school is?
    Alternatively other parking options?
  • Options
    Southend High School will be open its 5 mins from the away end

Plenty of parking options near the ground although I expect tomorrow will be Southends highest gate of the season
  • Options
    Actually just found the answer to my own question. Southend High School, Prittlewell Close SS0 0RG, 5 mins from ground, £5. Alternatively Civic Centre.
  • Options
    hoping we have turned a corner and if ajose isn't playing we stand a good chance of winning
  • Options
    2-0 home win, CAFC annus horribilis to be Continued
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

booking out in the morning so I'll miss the Waker/Thur classico ..AND while we are at it ..how far is Roots Hall from Southend Victoria ? .. thinking of taking the train from Chafford 100 and changing at S'end Central .. Prittlewell is the stop after Victoria ... If you get my drift
  • Options
    The injuries we have were bound to take their toll eventually with such a small squad so we reap what we sow. 3-0 to Southend and the Jan window opens at last!
  • Options
    I'd settle for a 0-0
  • Options
    Charlton end 2016 picking up a point at Roots Hall, 1-1 Crofts
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

I'd settle for a 0-0

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but we are so far off the playoffs draws are next to worthless.
    We need to put a run of wins together now or miss out entirely.
    3 1 Southend and a happy New year :neutral: