Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace V Swansea

1235»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

More like a circus, flashing lights and synchronised singing.

It frustrates me that they are in the Premiership but I could never feel jealous of that joke of a club.
    And they have the cheek to call us clowns!!!!!!
  • Options
    I must admit, I was really impressed when I saw the Phillips demo of the lighting at the STVV - and I did hope we'd get similar.

That said, now I've seen it combination with the cheerleaders and stuff.. it's very cringe. I'm not quite sure what Palace are trying to find, identity wise. They're like a poor imitation of an american franchise club.. then they have the cheek to cling on to a group of fans who rip off continental european ultras and protest "modern football".

It's a weird juxtaposition really, but I guess that even the ultras are manufactured - so it matches the manufactured identity and atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Haha jokers.

Seriously, don't know the technicals but not good for anyone with epilepsy surely?
  • Options

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Suck on that James Buckley you f****** mockney c***.

I take it he's not on your Christmas card list?
    It's funny how quick you go off people you find out are stripey Nigel munts. Susannah Reid was ok until the She showed her stripes.
    Susannah's a Nigel? Nooooooooooooo!!!
    Fully paid up member of the c***y club.
  • Options
    I think where palarce are concerned ultras is an anagram of arsewipe
  • Options
    with zaha now gone for a month hopefully palace are foooked
  • Options
    I've always believed. The idea that they have a team that's better than their position doesn't add up. They've been woeful for 14 months. Townsend was dumped by Spurs for good reason. Benteke hasn't done much since he left Villa. Their defenders and goalkeeper are championship level. Cabaye hasn't done much since he looked good at Newcastle two or three years ago. Their old guard of Jedinak and Dann is no longer effective.

Swansea's star man is better than Zaha, Sunderland have Defoe. I think relegation is a very real prospect. Sadly, re-promotion would be inevitable but I'm going to enjoy this season anyway.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I've always believed. The idea that they have a team that's better than their position doesn't add up. They've been woeful for 14 months. Townsend was dumped by Spurs for good reason. Benteke hasn't done much since he left Villa. Their defenders and goalkeeper are championship level. Cabaye hasn't done much since he looked good at Newcastle two or three years ago. Their old guard of Jedinak and Dann is no longer effective.

Swansea's star man is better than Zaha, Sunderland have Defoe. I think relegation is a very real prospect. Sadly, re-promotion would be inevitable but I'm going to enjoy this season anyway.

There are absolutely no guarantees of getting promoted from the Championship if you get relegated from the Prem. West Ham have made hard work of it twice in recent history, scraping up through the play-offs. Villa will be very fortunate to go up this season, QPR have disappeared without trace, despite being incredibly well-financed. Palace are no Newcastle United.

I still think they'll get out of it, but Sunderland look capable of putting up a fight and possibly Swansea as well under Clement. Keep praying.
  • Options
    They finished 15th and got to the FA Cup final , they've got too much about them to go down , you can still get 7/2 on it happening , can't see it myself
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Jedinak's gone (to Villa), but I take your point. I agree Benteke hasn't done a massive amount in the last year or two, but I'd still say that, after Defoe, he's the best striker any of the bottom four teams had. 8 goals in 18 appearances for a poor team, and a big threat from set-pieces and crosses. But I agree Cabaye is overrated and that they have a poor back 5 (including goalie).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benteke has a shoulder injury at the moment, probably only minor.

Unless we loan Palace our medical team, in which case he'll be out for 18 months!
  • Options

They finished 15th and got to the FA Cup final , they've got too much about them to go down , you can still get 7/2 on it happening , can't see it myself

Being the worst team in England over the last calendar year is a bigger clue than single goal wins against Southampton, Stoke, Reading (albeit 2-0) Spurs and Watford last season. I keep reading "they've got too much to go down" but that phrase alone isn't very convincing! Better teams than Palace have gone down. If Sam makes some smart purchases in the next few weeks then they'll probably survive, but the current squad is shit, and the defeat to Swansea proved that conclusively IMO.
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_West_Ham_United_F.C._season

West Ham side that went down in 2003... Included: Michael Carrick | Jermaine Defoe | Paolo Di Canio | Glen Johnson | David James etc...

Now that was a much bigger side to be relegated than this current Crystal Palace one...
  • Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_West_Ham_United_F.C._season

West Ham side that went down in 2003... Included: Michael Carrick | Jermaine Defoe | Paolo Di Canio | Glen Johnson | David James etc...

Now that was a much bigger side to be relegated than this current Crystal Palace one...

A number of former or future Addicks in that squad as well. Defoe, Di Canio, Lee Bowyer, Scott Minto, Christian Dailly...
  • Options
    Benteke is going to score ugly goals for them with assists from the wings, but that is it. What else do they bring to the table? Defensively awful, but then again, Sunderland were defensively awful before big sam came last season and look what happened.

I can't see them going down unfortunately, but the next 6 games are vital for them as they play sunderland and boro along with other mid table teams.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Benteke is going to score ugly goals for them with assists from the wings, but that is it. What else do they bring to the table? Defensively awful, but then again, Sunderland were defensively awful before big sam came last season and look what happened.

I can't see them going down unfortunately, but the next 6 games are vital for them as they play sunderland and boro along with other mid table teams.

What from the treatment table... He got injured the other night so wont be any use for a few weeks
  • Options
    Right, so he is injured for a few weeks....then what, he won't feel like scoring?
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Right, so he is injured for a few weeks....then what, he won't feel like scoring?

Yet I dont know how long he's out for...

We had Darren Bent who was a lot more prolific than Benteke has been but his return didnt save us
  • Options
    Allardyce will sort their defence and they will be fine. Don't underestimate just how bad Pardew is at stopping the rot once it starts. Remy soon to be back from injury too.

I see them picking up points in the next 6-8 games which look relatively soft for them.

Also, don't underestimate the pulling power of a London club compared to the likes of Hull and Sunderland.
  • Options
    Bollox to all above posts, palarce be foooked.
    Wrong group of players even for someone as good as big Sam.
    West ham will beat them next and send the nigels into freefall.

Father Xmas promised me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeh bollox to all this optimism for those sparkly turds. They are going down faster than Zaha 0.0005mm inside the penalty area.
  • Options
    The problem with them is that they've placed a lot on Benteke's plate. On his day he is class, but when he isn't winning his headers they look absolutely devoid of ideas and creativity from anywhere else. The backup plan is give it to Zaha, but they can't be doing that for the next month or so. How you not only lose, but get dominated at home by Swansea should be major cause for concern. All this about 'too good to go down' simply isn't true. Swansea have belief now and Sunderland have Defoe. Palace supporting 'friends' have been very quiet lately and it'll be piss funny if they do go down.