Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Fella next to us asked Clayton if Stevo had 3 shredded wheat and Claydon replied just goes to show you can do bowling 30mph on the dot every time.
  • 247-9
  • Same old story.

Can't remove the tail.
  • 2 overs left and the last pair are 6 runs short of a ton partnership.
  • Stumps and last pair 2 short of a ton partnership. 326 for 9.
  • Adam Ball and Hugh Bernard have been given permission to negotiate a contract with another county.
  • Adam Ball and Hugh Bernard have been given permission to negotiate a contract with another county.

Ball has never really cemented a place in any form of the game, not helped by Stevens going on so long!
  • Last wicket partnerships are fun when it's your team but as bad as it gets when the oppo do it.
  • 350 all out, Stevens 8-75
  • 70-2

DBD (17) & Dickson (19) the men to go. Denly (16) & SNE (16) are n.o.
  • Sponsored links:

• 313-9 at close with 97 from Sam NE. Unfortunately rain tomorrow will now spoil this match and it will end as a draw. Northants likely to lose, but worc and Sussex could well both win. Promotion hopes fading.
  • redman said:

313-9 at close with 97 from Sam NE. Unfortunately rain tomorrow will now spoil this match and it will end as a draw. Northants likely to lose, but worc and Sussex could well both win. Promotion hopes fading.

Does look that way.

As ever we took our foot off their throat. Only Kent would let Leicestershire get 350 from 174-8. Stevens obviously excepted the rest of the bowling seemed fairly indifferent judging by the figures.
  • Our form at Canterbury has been terrible this year. You wonder about the pitch if Milne ends up with 1-103, when Stevens picks up 8 and Dexter 5
  • Surely you wonder about Milne...
  • No play at all today.

Worcs will almost certainly win (unless the weather intervenes) and Sussex look as though they will beat Glamorgan.

Goodbye promotion my old friend.
  • Last years league rule bullshit really might cause us some damage long term - oh, well, there is always next year...
  • Aaaaah fuck off Sussex
  • Great figures from Matt Coles
    3 overs. 0-40 going at a rate of 13.33 runs per over
  • Great figures from Matt Coles
    3 overs. 0-40 going at a rate of 13.33 runs per over

I think you'll find that his figures are actually 3-0-40-1. Don't really understand why we didn't keep him on because, at that rate, they would have been all out in 30 overs!
  • 97-4 now. One to Claydon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rain has delayed the start of play and the inevitable result. Due to start again at 2.50.

I am amazed quite how many LBWs there are in first class cricket - of the 24 wickets to fall there have been 10 so far in this match. That's three times the rate of Test LBWs. Don't these guys know what the bat is for!
  • why didn't we declare overnight. would have given us a marginally better chance of winning, albeit not much
  • redman said:

why didn't we declare overnight. would have given us a marginally better chance of winning, albeit not much

Maybe chasing the extra batting point if we got to 350.

• If we miss out on promotion by 1 point I would be staggered. Not winning this game almost writes off any realistic chance.
  • Leics now 114-6, leading by 131 so 4 quick wickets and we can do it

But it won't happen!
  • redman said:

If we miss out on promotion by 1 point I would be staggered. Not winning this game almost writes off any realistic chance.

Not saying if right or wrong, but I assume that was the rationale.
    4 quick wickets and this could set up a cracking run chase...

• They'll probably put together another century last wicket stand.
  • Match drawn
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41159703

Ryan Davies to leave Somerset for personal reasons. Still only 20, should never have left Kent at such a young age
  • edited September 2017
    Pretty wet up in Durham apparently.

I think they were inspecting at 2 but it's rained since they announced that.