Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options

Spoke to him before the Bristol Rovers game and mentioned to him that I'd backed him for first goal. He said he has been told to get in the box a bit more this season.

Scored a couple at the back end of last season so that's 4 goals in his last 5 games (and a missed penalty as well)

Could definitely tell that today. KR was trying to push him up even more when he was hanging around on the edge.
  • Options
    It takes time for players to settle and most don't hit the ground running. He had now had time to settle and playing with Kashi I expect double figures from him
  • Options
    It takes a time for most players to settle. He has been excellent this season, and his second goal was a beauty! Can watch that over and over.
  • Options
    JFC had an injury early on in his Charlton career, which rather derailed his season. There were definitely positive signs by April though, as it got his match fitness back and became a goal threat, the sort of central goal scoring midfielder we haven't had for a while
  • Options

Spoke to him before the Bristol Rovers game and mentioned to him that I'd backed him for first goal. He said he has been told to get in the box a bit more this season.

Scored a couple at the back end of last season so that's 4 goals in his last 5 games (and a missed penalty as well)

Could definitely tell that today. KR was trying to push him up even more when he was hanging around on the edge.
    In the Guardian article about Lee Bowyer, he said he was encouraging the midfield to make runs into the box and score more goals. His view was you have to take a chance/gamble, most times it won't come off but when it does you score.
  • Options
    When he made that run in the box to get the third it did remind me of Bowyer/Jackson in there prime. After it went in looked over to Bowyer and you could see he was well chuffed with a massive smile on his face.
  • Options
    Lovely story. Well done, JFC.

Let's hope little Charlie didn't have to leave early 'to beat the traffic'.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone able to hear him on talksport this evening?!
  • Options

Credit where credits due. That's a nice touch by the club.

It really does seem that they're trying this season.
    Agreed... It does sound like one of these stock situations that the club has done deliberately (of course it is, why else was JFC behind the counter).

But you've got to forget it was setup... thats just made Charlie's day as he got to meet one of his heroes, he'll go away thinking that Charlton are a great club who help fans like him meet their heroes and will create a stronger bond towards the club for him as he'll see us as different and more local and in touch than the typical big clubs.

Huge 10/10 from the club, everyone involved deserves a pat on the back for it
    They still go once a yeat at x mas to childrens ward at Queen Elizabeth its never publicised to much but still happens. Makes the day of many of the kids
  • Options

Credit where credits due. That's a nice touch by the club.

It really does seem that they're trying this season.
    Agreed... It does sound like one of these stock situations that the club has done deliberately (of course it is, why else was JFC behind the counter).

But you've got to forget it was setup... thats just made Charlie's day as he got to meet one of his heroes, he'll go away thinking that Charlton are a great club who help fans like him meet their heroes and will create a stronger bond towards the club for him as he'll see us as different and more local and in touch than the typical big clubs.

Huge 10/10 from the club, everyone involved deserves a pat on the back for it
    They still go once a yeat at x mas to childrens ward at Queen Elizabeth its never publicised to much but still happens. Makes the day of many of the kids
    Yeah I never know why its not documented so much these days... I guess the problem in a way is the fact the Hospital visits happen every year from every club so are taken for granted a bit these days as "the yearly PR stunt" almost.

This on the other hand is more spur of the moment so will be appreciated more, i.e. if JFC did this once a year it would probably be less and less covered
  • Options
    Strange that a player who was a regular for Brighton in the Championship for a couple of years, could have struggled to get in a very poor Rotherham side
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It's true but a lot of it is about confidence and fitting in and feeling wanted. As a club we are ticking those boxes for him. I think if he stays fit he will have a great season. No doubt he will get his fair share of goals.
  • Options

Strange that a player who was a regular for Brighton in the Championship for a couple of years, could have struggled to get in a very poor Rotherham side

He's a ball playing central midfielder. From what I saw last year Rotherham looked absolutely lost, and just tried to lump it forward.
  • Options
    Think we need a new song for him,

Noticed when we was singing it not many people joined in, its also a very long winded song
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You put your left foot in, your right foot out,
    In out in out turn them inside out,
    You do the Forster-Caskey and you turn around,
    That's what its all about!
    Ooohh the Forster-Caskey! 
  • Options
    What is his song? 
  • Options
    Jake Forster-Caskey, you’re the love of my life
    Jake Forster-Caskey, I’d let you shag my wife 
    Jake Forster-Caskey, wish I were as handsome as you 

:joy:
  • Options
    I think the chorus of Come On Eileen might work
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think the chorus of Come On Eileen might work
    Foster caskey, we've got foster caskey
    That about as far as I've got 😂😁
  • Options
    The best song should be

RD give him a new contract
    a new contract
    give him a new contract...NOW

any music can be used  :)
  • Options
    Wonder who we were playing this time

Would like to see Jake starting ahead of Cullen on Saturday, gives Josh a rest ahead of the Play-Offs, he seems the only one to have played every game since his return from injury back against Accrington in January
  • Options

Would like to see Jake starting ahead of Cullen on Saturday, gives Josh a rest ahead of the Play-Offs, he seems the only one to have played every game since his return from injury back against Accrington in January
    Would 60 mins “competitive” football be a better bet with Josh coming on to keep up to speed for final 30 mins ?
  • Options

Would 60 mins “competitive” football be a better bet with Josh coming on to keep up to speed for final 30 mins ?
    I was fully expecting something like that against Gillingham on Saturday