Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey signs (confirmed).

Comments

• Options
    I would have the strongest team starting Saturday, it's 7 or 8 days before the next game with the one after being 6 days after that. More than enough time to recover and keeps the Shapness which Bowyer has mentioned.
  • Options
    So his not signed a new contract?
  • Options
    He’s
  • Options
    He’s practically ready now. He will be involved on Saturday for sure, as I think Page will be too. Even if they come on, they’ll be involved.

11 or 12 days away from the first leg, get through Rochdale fine and we will have everyone available except for Solly. Very strong and very exciting.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    He’s practically ready now. He will be involved on Saturday for sure, as I think Page will be too. Even if they come on, they’ll be involved.

11 or 12 days away from the first leg, get through Rochdale fine and we will have everyone available except for Solly. Very strong and very exciting.
    What's up with RHF @sage ?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not a clue unfortunately. I haven’t heard a single thing about Reeco, sorry mate.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Not a clue unfortunately. I haven’t heard a single thing about Reeco, sorry mate.
    A and E department at Princess Royal yesterday. 
    Not a clue as to why though .
  • Options
    I asked him the other day and he's not heard anything yet.

I would imagine he's a little annoyed as he has a family to think of and, as it stands, is unemployed in 4 weeks.

I imagine he has a busy agent right now
  • Options
    He’s
    And him
  • Options
    I would have the strongest team starting Saturday, it's 7 or 8 days before the next game with the one after being 6 days after that. More than enough time to recover and keeps the Shapness which Bowyer has mentioned.
    I'd still rotate slightly... Whilst it'll be good to have the first eleven match sharp we'll also need others to have the right match fitness and sharpness

Only four Id say are guaranteed to start are Phillips / Dijksteel / Purrington / Taylor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    I asked him the other day and he's not heard anything yet.

I would imagine he's a little annoyed as he has a family to think of and, as it stands, is unemployed in 4 weeks.

I imagine he has a busy agent right now
    Contracts run to 30th June usually.
  • Options
    Just starting my day in N. America. What's the deal with Jake then, did he get his move last night? Is that confirmed off? Is he know going to be brought out of the cold and used as the potentially valuable midfield asset that he is, or are we gong to cancel a contract we gave him, under no obligation, a few months ago?

Anyone know what's going on with him?
  • Options
    Just starting my day in N. America. What's the deal with Jake then, did he get his move last night? Is that confirmed off? Is he know going to be brought out of the cold and used as the potentially valuable midfield asset that he is, or are we gong to cancel a contract we gave him, under no obligation, a few months ago?

My cynical take is he's signed up for the season, apparently one of our better earners, unwanted by the manager and seemingly can't be arsed to find another club. Basically he's this season's Ben Watson.
  • Options

My cynical take is he's signed up for the season, apparently one of our better earners, unwanted by the manager and seemingly can't be arsed to find another club. Basically he's this season's Ben Watson.
    Why should he be arsed to find another club when it was the club who, unilaterally, extended his contract about 12 weeks ago?

If a player put in a transfer request 2 months after agreeing a new contract there would be uproar.  Probably justifiably.

If they club didn't want him "clogging up the wage bill" they should have thought about that, shouldn't they?  Hardly his fault is it.
  • Options
    He should be in the matchday "extended" squad for the next 4 months, it would be crazy to still leave him out.
  • Options
    I think the contractual clause referred to on the forum by many others before will deprive JFC of game time (other than cups…). A club gamble which has not paid off, it would appear and I feel for JFC, who has always given everything and has many qualities when fit. Best wishes with you JFC!
  • Options
    I think the contractual clause referred to on the forum by many others before will deprive JFC of game time (other than cups…). A club gamble which has not paid off, it would appear and I feel for JFC, who has always given everything and has many qualities when fit. Best wishes with you JFC!
    I fear you may be right, but I hope its not the case. If it is how it play out it'll be a shitty way to treat a player who has always played with commitment. To go from being kept on through his injury (which was the right thing to do) to frozen out of the playing squad in 12 months or so, is not the right way to treat a player. He's a good player when on form and would be an asset to the team.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    His knees aren’t up to it anymore. He shouldn’t have got the contract he did two years ago, like I had said at the time but got lambasted for.

We should’ve helped him with recovery and wished him luck finding a new club.
  • Options
    His knees aren’t up to it anymore. He shouldn’t have got the contract he did two years ago, like I had said at the time but got lambasted for.

Oh mate, how can you say that so definitely? Have the physio staff tipped you off?

You may be right but he showed no sign of "nursing" his knees the other night.

As I've said above, and others have said as well, it was the club who took up his option, not F-C. The fact he is still here is purely down to the person who decided to take up his option. (Maybe the same bloke who thought it was a good idea to bring Aneke back on a 3.5 year deal!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say JFC grew into the game on Wednesday. He's not a first team starter yet and needs to earn his space in the squad like any other.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Oh mate, how can you say that so definitely? Have the physio staff tipped you off?

As I've said above, and others have said as well, it was the club who took up his option, not F-C. The fact he is still here is purely down to the person who decided to take up his option. (Maybe the same bloke who thought it was a good idea to bring Aneke back on a 3.5 year deal!)
    Because he gets into any third tier team comfortably if he was anywhere near his best. The fact he isn’t even appearing on the bench tells you everything you need to know.

Think too many people have been clinging on to him out of sentiment.
  • Options
    He'll be needed up front when Stockley gets crocked tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Because he gets into any third tier team comfortably if he was anywhere near his best. The fact he isn’t even appearing on the bench tells you everything you need to know.

Let's see what happens now the window has closed.  There was clearly nothing wrong with his "repaired" knee in the 20/21 season.  There is no reason to suspect his other knee is any worse.

With no more Pizza or fizzy pop games in September I would be tempted to get him a 28 day loan to the national league, the bloke obviously needs games.

The ultimate insult now would be to pay himnoff today, knowing he couldn't play for anyone until January 1st.
  • Options

Wrong. It's the contractual clause stopping him from making league appearances. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Let's she what happens now the window has closed.  There was clearly nothing wrong with his "repaired" knee in the 20/21 season.  There is no reason to suspect his other knee is any worse.

With no more Pizza or fizzy pop games in September I would be tempted to get him a 28 day loan to the national league, the bloke obviously needs games.

The ultimate insult now would be to pay himnoff today, knowing he couldn't play for anyone until January 1st.
    The ultimate insult would be sending him to the national league!
  • Options

Wrong again I'm afraid.

As @bolloxbolder says above, the reason he is no where near the first team is - so we hear - because any league appearances he makes trigger a large pay rise for him.

Anyway, I'm off to have my dinner so I'll leave you to it!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Let's she what happens now the window has closed.  There was clearly nothing wrong with his "repaired" knee in the 20/21 season.  There is no reason to suspect his other knee is any worse.

The ultimate insult would be sending him to the national league!
    Where else can he play?  There is a big difference to sending him to Bromley for 28 days, knowing he could play for us when he cane back, match fit, than forcing him to go to a league 2 club for the whole season.  Which is what a lot of people have suggested.
  • Options
    Given that we saved the wages on not signing a striker or a CB, they should just pay him more and play him. 
    He is comprehensively the best midfielder we have apart from Dobbo and I would much rather play him than Albie. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    To me, a pleb with no ITK sources, the supposed contract clause comes across a nothing but rumour and supposition from fans clinging on to a player that was quality a couple of years ago but no longer exists.

There are two possibilities:
    1. he’s been injured so often that his body is no longer up to the level that’s needed
    2. there’s the magic clause in his contract and we don’t want to pay it

If we had no intention of triggering the clause, why did his contract get renewed? To move him on? Ok but he is actually a good player when healthy so if he’s truly ready to play, why are there no takers for him, even in the league below?

The club has a history of giving contracts to crocked players. To me, with no ITK sources, the conclusion makes sense. It just looks like another one on a growing list.