Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall on the move?

Comments

• Options

Redrobo said:

Why is there a hyphen between no and one?

Be fair, they haven't started joined up writing yet.
    Or thinking

Or breeding outside of the family tree
  • Options
    My first reaction to the "we may have to move" statement was that it was all a gigantic bluff, to ensure that they weren't squeezed tto much in their current home. But then I remembered that was exactly how I felt in 1985...
  • Options
    Shouldn't laugh but their 3 year old petition now has a collosal 27k signatures.

Claiming to be forced to move out of the area is extremely desperate, seems to have worked on a lot of people though.
  • Options

Shouldn't laugh but their 3 year old petition now has a collosal 27k signatures.

Claiming to be forced to move out of the area is extremely desperate, seems to have worked on a lot of people though.

Exactly.
    This hasn't just come about overnight. They've had years to get organised.
    40k at Wembley around the same time this became a threat. Where were they? Only interested in the 'image'.
    No one likes them, I don't care.
  • Options

Many of whom will be supporters of other clubs who just signed instinctively. I think I signed it.

• Options
    E-cafc said:

I hope they can get this sorted out. They are and have always been our local rivals and life would be very dull without them around. Yes, they have a reputation and the hanger-on fans that they attract for bigger games are fucking tossers. They do have a loyal and solid fanbase in general. To their credit, I don't hear them crowing about our demise and how shit we have become as a club and on that note I won't be wishing them any harm apart from the fact that I hope they lose a football match next Saturday. After that I hope things work out for them.

Apart from singing

"You're getting fucked by the Belgians"

Which while being quite accurate could also be construed as crowing about our demise.

: - )
  • Options
    It's just terrace banter. Who would be their cup final if we weren't around? They pretend they don't care but in reality they have a grudging respect for us. Also, our demise started a long time before the Belgians came in. They have just carried it on and made it worse.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm not, but we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it earlier on in the thread but the biggest threat to Millwall is Berylson walking.

Now I know Charlton arn't currently worth very much but they are worth something. What would it cost to buy Millwall and what would you be actually getting for the money.

They don't own their own ground. They don't own their Bromley training facility ? You buy the name Millwall FC and associated goodwill. The right to play league one football and the players. You also buy the right to fund the losses of £5 million per annum ( figure given to this thread by a Millwall fan earlier)

It's not all that attractive a proposition.

If JB walks then perhaps re location would be the best bet to ensure survival. Not sure how many current Millwall fans would be able to read a train timetable to North Kent. At least that's a problem we wouldn't have.
  • Options
    Have a look at Millwall Online and you'll see how much support we get from them about our current demise and problems.

I don't remember getting much support from them either when we were at selhurst or Upton Park.

Do I want them to stay? Couldn't give a rats arse unless it effects us.

Buts still, no one is forcing them to move. It's what happens when you're a council tenant and the council wants to build on the bit of land next to your rented house.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    E-cafc said:

I hope they can get this sorted out. They are and have always been our local rivals and life would be very dull without them around. Yes, they have a reputation and the hanger-on fans that they attract for bigger games are fucking tossers. They do have a loyal and solid fanbase in general. To their credit, I don't hear them crowing about our demise and how shit we have become as a club and on that note I won't be wishing them any harm apart from the fact that I hope they lose a football match next Saturday. After that I hope things work out for them.

How do you know what they are saying about our current plight, either now or at any time over the last three years?
    Do you go on their message boards regularly or mix with many of them to be so sure of what you're saying?
    Somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    Surely this is nothing more than hot air from Steve Kavanagh to try and provoke support for their cause?

I have no knowledge or facts to back it up but I reckon if they moved to North Kent they would be finished within 5 years.
    No traditional Kentish support base they would just become Gillingham but with fewer fans.
  • Options

Surely this is nothing more than hot air from Steve Kavanagh to try and provoke support for their cause?

I have no knowledge or facts to back it up but I reckon if they moved to North Kent they would be finished within 5 years.
    No traditional Kentish support base they would just become Gillingham but with fewer fans.

It's not remotely conceivable they would move to north Kent. Not even worth discussing.
  • Options
    Hope they go out of business. Save the fa a job. Good riddance.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I tend to think of Millwall as being more of a Southwark team than Lewisham, with Bermondsey being in Southwark.

I live in Southwark, so no thanks !
    Maybe you shd change yr name to SE1....However on a serious note I have sympathy for their fan's. ...I also think the idea of a groundshare would appeal to our owners vision ....I could just see both sets of fans dancing together after the game in the time honoured spirit of south east london bonhomie ...
  • Options
    lolwray said:

se9addick said:

I tend to think of Millwall as being more of a Southwark team than Lewisham, with Bermondsey being in Southwark.

I live in Southwark, so no thanks !
    Maybe you shd change yr name to SE1....However on a serious note I have sympathy for their fan's. ...I also think the idea of a groundshare would appeal to our owners vision ....I could just see both sets of fans dancing together after the game in the time honoured spirit of south east london bonhomie ...
    Well that's all very well, but how would we know who's turn it is to smash up the toilets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bloody hell, now Barnie Ronay has persuaded Tim Farron to wade in.

Just when I was beginning to warm to the Lib Dems again

Stop being so bathotic Prague!
  • Options

rananegra said:

The thing with this outrageous scam from LBL is it's not just about Millwall, there's people losing their homes. How would you like to have your home compulsorily purchased for around £60K? Where do you think you could live afterwards?
    There are other businesses being forced out. This is dodgy as f*** and it potentially threatens lots of other historic London areas that are seen as down-at-heel. (There are probably parallels with the Charlton Riverside developments - old-style businesses forced out because developers know a river view means they can charge loads more.)
    And for a borough with an enormous bill for B&Bs for the homeless, you'd have thought a higher proportion of social housing might be a priority.
    Well, I guess it would if there wasn't a property developer pulling the strings.

Spot on mate, absolutely spot on.

This is wider than Millwall FC.

Sometimes, although sad for the individual homeowners, compulsory purchases are necessary. Utilitarianism and all that.

Sadly we cant evaluate the utility value at arms length because some allegedly dodgy local policiticians have their noses in the trough and are swilling away. Swine.

Why do u need to route this Offshore? Rank

Why sell to an intermediary that has ownership links to those involved in the sale process? Rank.

How can u realistically develop to the best interests of the local community when 30-40% of the value goes to a handful of corrupt politicians? Rank

Local government makes me sick in this Country. U wanna earn the big bucks go work for an investment bank and do 100 hour weeks. Dont steal from pensioners and families already on the breadline.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but it's called capitalism and exactly the same goes on in every country on the planet.

Capitalism would be where the Council puts the redevelopment out to public tender. Grubby back room deals and bags of used fivers is where the Council hands it over to one of their old mates.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Well that's not very Christian.

At least they found someone who could spell.
  • Options

rananegra said:

The thing with this outrageous scam from LBL is it's not just about Millwall, there's people losing their homes. How would you like to have your home compulsorily purchased for around £60K? Where do you think you could live afterwards?
    There are other businesses being forced out. This is dodgy as f*** and it potentially threatens lots of other historic London areas that are seen as down-at-heel. (There are probably parallels with the Charlton Riverside developments - old-style businesses forced out because developers know a river view means they can charge loads more.)
    And for a borough with an enormous bill for B&Bs for the homeless, you'd have thought a higher proportion of social housing might be a priority.
    Well, I guess it would if there wasn't a property developer pulling the strings.

Sometimes, although sad for the individual homeowners, compulsory purchases are necessary. Utilitarianism and all that.

Sadly we cant evaluate the utility value at arms length because some allegedly dodgy local policiticians have their noses in the trough and are swilling away. Swine.

Why sell to an intermediary that has ownership links to those involved in the sale process? Rank.

How can u realistically develop to the best interests of the local community when 30-40% of the value goes to a handful of corrupt politicians? Rank

Local government makes me sick in this Country. U wanna earn the big bucks go work for an investment bank and do 100 hour weeks. Dont steal from pensioners and families already on the breadline.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but it's called capitalism and exactly the same goes on in every country on the planet.

Capitalism would be where the Council puts the redevelopment out to public tender. Grubby back room deals and bags of used fivers is where the Council hands it over to one of their old mates.
    Grubby little back room deals are the bread and butter of capitalism.

• Options
    edited January 2017

Probably because that spelling of 'no one' is becoming acceptable, on the grounds that it eliminates any ambiguity with 'no one' meaning 'not one'.
  • Options

rananegra said:

Yep capitalism in the real world
  • Options

Probably ecause that spelling of 'no one' is becoming acceptable, on the grounds that it eliminates any ambiguity with 'no one' meaning 'not one'.
    Smart arse!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Probably ecause that spelling of 'no one' is becoming acceptable, on the grounds that it eliminates any ambiguity with 'no one' meaning 'not one'.
    So I guess the spelling of the word 'because' also falls into the same grammatical grounds of ambiguity!
  • Options
    lads, lads. You do realise this is a thread that out Millwall fans are likely to read.?