Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Graham Taylor RIP

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

pettgra said:

It will be interestIng to see how some parts of the media treat his passing. RIP Graham

By totally ignoring the way they treated him when he was alive, I suspect.

RIP Graham
    I suspect you are right.
  • Options
    Did a remarkable job at Watford bringing them up through the leagues RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Lincoln City legend. Taylor's ton up boys - 1975/76. RIP
  • Options
    Daily Mail are saying that it was a Heart-Attack that killed him
  • Options
    Watford have lost a legend. What he did for them was remarkable. He is their Curbs and then some.
  • Options
    Sad loss. Good man and good manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP, great football man and seemed like a genuine bloke, which would not of fitted in well at the FA.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Met him once in a newsagents in Sutton Coldfield when he was Villa manager and I was about 13. He was a really nice bloke, stood there chatting about football with me and my Grandpa for about 20mins, and laughed at all my Grandpa's friendly digs about 'Deadly Doug' and job security!

Very sad news.
  • Options
    He was a decent and honourable man, the way he was treated by the media says more about them than it did him.
    RIP.
  • Options

blimey, that's a surprise.

Always liked him, one of the good guys.

That documentary with England was fascinating viewing.

RIP

I went to the wedding of the guy who directed this documentary many years ago and I met Graham Taylor who was one of their guests.

RIP
  • Options
    My cousin met him in Gatwick Airport years ago , he said he very friendly, very sad news RIP Graham
  • Options
    Very sad rip
  • Options
    Sad news. I wasn't around for most of his career as a manager, but always seemed one of the better pundits. RIP
  • Options
    Always seemed to be a rabbit in the headlights during his England tenure, but worked wonders at Watford and Villa (in his first time at each club). Always seemed to be a lovely man, RIP to a proper football gent.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He was a lovely guy. Not the best pundit but I liked him so much I liked hearing his voice anyway. Will be sorely missed.

RIP.......Seemed a very nice man and I enjoyed listening to him on R5L.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Smudge has already said. Do I not like that !

Achieved so much then got the England Managers job and got absolute dogs abuse from the media but managed to come back and restore his reputation and goes with his head held high as a respected and loved figure in the game RIP
  • Options
    RIP Graham.
  • Options
    RIP Graham.
  • Options
    Sad news. Decent man. RIP
  • Options
    Not as big a loss to Hollywood as he is to football, but you've got to have respect for someone who can take the mick out of himself.

It's great to hear all the comments from people who met in person.
  • Options
    He gave a speech at my school in Watford once. Pure class. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Good man who never deserved the vile treatment he got from our delightful press. RIP.