Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    "anything less than promotion is failure"

Oh dear!
  • Options
    If he sorts out his fitness and remembers that this is a team game (which he did seem to on Saturday) then he's got the potential to be one of the best players in this league. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    He simply has to join the queue of the strikers at the club.
    He is talented, but so are they to a lesser extent at the moment (possibly), but they are fit and they are willing.
  • Options
    Personally really hope he stays and realises some of his potential
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

He is talented, but so are they to a lesser extent at the moment (possibly), but they are fit and they are willing.</blockquote

• Options
    He's the most naturally talented player we have at the moment.If he can get fit and be good boy not naughty baby, talk of promotion may not be so fanciful which is all it is at present.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He is talented, but so are they to a lesser extent at the moment (possibly), but they are fit and they are willing.

joke surely? unless I've missed something who are these strikers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one of a handful that i would pay to see, in football you have to take your chances magennis injury could be the door for tony but hes got to want it and work his ass off, in previous displays hes got the hump and sulked because chances come his way etc.
  • Options
    Tony Watt interview after Millwall

"F*ck I'm knackered, all that running around, I could murder a kebab!"
  • Options
    "For the next 6 months...want to get Charlton promoted".

Someone tell him the season ends in May not July.
  • Options
    One bit of skill within 2 mins of him coming on that had everyone of their seats. After that same old, same old.

Talented boy, but when will the penny drop that eventually you will struggle to find a club unless you buck your ideas up.
  • Options
    “I’ve always enjoyed it at Charlton but we were going different ways and that was it. Now I can see the club are matching my ambitions and hopefully I can be around to be a part of it. For the next six months I just want to work hard to get Charlton promoted and see where it goes from there."

bit of a crap thing to say. things weren't going well for the team so I tried to scarper. sounds like now he's brought into Robinson's spill but if it doesn't work he'll try to scarper once more in the summer.
  • Options
    He has never ever been fully fit. He is lazy and does not appreciate the talent he has. He will be a total liability and we should get rid soonest. A total waste of space who has wasted chance after chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would like to see KAG perform with a bit of service from an improved midfield.

He does seem, from the few occasions I've seen him, to be a natural finisher and they are rare at Charlton as we all know.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I would like to see KAG perform with a bit of service from an improved midfield.

He does seem, from the few occasions I've seen him, to be a natural finisher and they are rare at Charlton as we all know.

Me and my mates were all surprised he wasn't on the bench Saturday.

But, Charlton do take the U23 tournament seriously, and maybe he'd already been pencilled in for today's game...
  • Options

LenGlover said:

But, Charlton do take the U23 tournament seriously, and maybe he'd already been pencilled in for today's game...
    I think it should have been Hanlan.. he's got a bit more about him physically and would have been more of a presence up front.
  • Options
    BillG said:

He has never ever been fully fit. He is lazy and does not appreciate the talent he has. He will be a total liability and we should get rid soonest. A total waste of space who has wasted chance after chance.

You know I think it'd be fair to give him five or six matches to see what he can do.
    They aren't going to splash the cash around, so it'd be a criminal waste not to try to (ear) bash him into shape.
    If in a month or two he's clearly not fit or has a bad attitude, then you can give him both barrels.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I think it should have been Hanlan.. he's got a bit more about him physically and would have been more of a presence up front.
    I'd like to see Ajose and Umerah together. The latter has got a thunderous shot and a poacher could get tap-ins from saves. Similar build and presence to Hanlan. Not sure how pacy either is.
  • Options
    Watt is a handful and he has been managed by idiots. I know Robinson isn't particularly popular, but I like him and have hope that he can put some confidence into Tony. Although I did smile when Watt said something about the time being right to go back to Charlton - the time is the last chance saloon. He doesn't have any option but to play well and go up with us.
  • Options

Isn't Watt out of contract in June?

He'll need a job after that ..... even if he doesn't get offered a new contract at Charlton, he'll know that he needs to impress other clubs that's he's worth signing.

We might just see the TWWW that made him a fans favourite when he first joined us.

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Umerah, Hanlan and KAG.
    though I'm all for youngsters given a go I wouldn't count them all just yet as they haven't played enough or proven enough to be first choice. at the moment though each of them deserves a go alongside watt or to come on and replace him when inevitably he gets tired (usually after the first half)
  • Options
    one of my favourite (underrated ?) players is Robert Snodgrass of Hull .. he is not specifically a striker, a midfielder or even a winger .. he is what I would term as a 'modern attacker' .. he creates, scores and also defends ..
    Watt reminds me of Snodgrass .. Watt would be wasted if played as a 'mere' striker .. let Watt wander and do his thing yet within a team pattern .. is this possible ?
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Umerah, Hanlan and KAG.
    though I'm all for youngsters given a go I wouldn't count them all just yet as they haven't played enough or proven enough to be first choice. at the moment though each of them deserves a go alongside watt or to come on and replace him when inevitably he gets tired (usually after the first half)
    We will have to agree to disagree because I think right now all three are ahead of Watt.