Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt interview after Millwall

Comments

• Options

The most exciting signing since Di Canio was Marcel Seip

• Options

"anything less than promotion is failure"

Oh dear!

Not a problem.

Roland doesn't do failure
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

He simply has to join the queue of the strikers at the club.
    He is talented, but so are they to a lesser extent at the moment (possibly), but they are fit and they are willing.

joke surely? unless I've missed something who are these strikers?
    Umerah, Hanlan and KAG.
    though I'm all for youngsters given a go I wouldn't count them all just yet as they haven't played enough or proven enough to be first choice. at the moment though each of them deserves a go alongside watt or to come on and replace him when inevitably he gets tired (usually after the first half)
    You mean after his first "sprint"?
  • Options
    I would love him to come good and be the player we all want. I do not know of another player that has lived off of one goal for so long. No doubt if there is one, someone will know
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I would love him to come good and be the player we all want. I do not know of another player that has lived off of one goal for so long. No doubt if there is one, someone will know

John Barnes for England
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Dennis Rommedahl.
  • Options
    Ps Watt was excellent under Guy Luzon and started last season ok. He needs a partner or someone to play off. If he gets that, he can do well.
  • Options

The most exciting signing since Di Canio

That was Alou Diarra.
  • Options
    I'm prepared to eat my words but he'll never be 'a player', just doesn't have the desire or attitude.

His record speaks for itself, 34 career goals since 2010 in around 140 goals is probably worse than Jacko's scoring record.

I hope he proves me wrong, I really do, but I can't see it right now.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

ross1 said:

Dennis Rommedahl.
    Very similar. Romedahl is only the second most capped player for Denmark with 122 appearances compared to Watt's one and only game for those world beaters Scotland.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

ross1 said:

Dennis Rommedahl.
    Very similar. Romedahl is only the second most capped player for Denmark with 122 appearances compared to Watt's one and only game for those world beaters Scotland.
    I was talking in terms of Charlton, not Denmark.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

This whole nonsense about Tony Watt is hilarious - let's just be honest about why he is back here.....

1] Nobody else wants him

2] Roland doesn't want to pay him to sit on his arse for six months so has told Robinson to play him

3] Roland ain't going to buy a new striker whilst Watt is available so Robinson may as well play him

.....the chances of some sort of Damascene conversion of Watt from talented but very unreliable player into a genuine top player who delivers the goods are absolutely risible and only a fool would think otherwise.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Ps Watt was excellent under Guy Luzon and started last season ok. He needs a partner or someone to play off. If he gets that, he can do well.

Watt played under Luzon for SL as well. He seems to be the one player who responded well to Luzon
  • Options
    Go home to mummy you loser. We need the right people to get us out of this shit division. Watt IS NOT one of them. He is capable of a bit of superb skill in every game, so what Watt. Someone was daft enough to ask me if I remember when he was good. FFS, I remember when I was good. Go home Jock.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Kim Grant
  • Options

ross1 said:

John Barnes for England
    Maradona against England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In five years time Watt will be back home in Coatbridge wondering what might have been.
  • Options
    Does he play Saturday? Big Mac being injured means we do not have a holdup CF this Saturday. Watt showed Saturday that he cannot play as a lone striker. It would appear that Robbo will have to change his set up unless he plays Ajose up front and Watt behind him say? As Ajose not even in the squad Saturday that seems unlikely. Maybe one of the kids, but that is a very big ask. Will he go 4-4-2?

The problem with that is it could become a 4-6, which is what it looked like to me after Big Mac went off.

If that were the only problem. I expect Rojo and Konsa at the back and Chicksen to replace Page. Holmes and Freddie to fill those slots? Best get an email of to Roland Robbo, I am sure he will explain how to do it without going into the transfer market.

Just as well it is only Scunthorpe! !
  • Options

This whole nonsense about Tony Watt is hilarious - let's just be honest about why he is back here.....

1] Nobody else wants him

2] Roland doesn't want to pay him to sit on his arse for six months so has told Robinson to play him

3] Roland ain't going to buy a new striker whilst Watt is available so Robinson may as well play him

.....the chances of some sort of Damascene conversion of Watt from talented but very unreliable player into a genuine top player who delivers the goods are absolutely risible and only a fool would think otherwise.

4. He has played for the maximum allowed teams this season, so even if someone else did want him... he is stuck here
  • Options
    masicat said:

Go home to mummy you loser. We need the right people to get us out of this shit division. Watt IS NOT one of them. He is capable of a bit of superb skill in every game, so what Watt. Someone was daft enough to ask me if I remember when he was good. FFS, I remember when I was good. Go home Jock.

Blimey think someone got out the wrong side of bed
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Setting aside his fitness or lack thereof, as far as I am concerned, for a striker, Tony has a major flaw. His shooting is neither powerful enough nor accurate enough. In fact it is so poor he makes Simon Church look like a latter day Peter Lorimer.
    I doubt he'll ever be able to fix that. So all the show pony stuff, as exciting as it can be to watch, is just fluff which leads to no meaningful product.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

He is talented, but so are they to a lesser extent at the moment (possibly), but they are fit and they are willing.

Umerah, Hanlan and KAG.
    though I'm all for youngsters given a go I wouldn't count them all just yet as they haven't played enough or proven enough to be first choice. at the moment though each of them deserves a go alongside watt or to come on and replace him when inevitably he gets tired (usually after the first half)
    We will have to agree to disagree because I think right now all three are ahead of Watt.
    Watt needs proper matches to get fit. I'd say start Watt and have Hanlan (or one of the others) on the bench ready to replace him. Tbf to Watt the others haven't really been tested.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Umerah, Hanlan and KAG.
    Joke then !!!! Hanlon and Umerah aren't ready and sorry KAG will not make it at this level imo
  • Options
    HandG said:

I fancy him to deliver the goods for the rest of the season, sign a new five year contract, and become a real top player for us in our push for the Premier League. So there.

you forgot the bit where he marries Katrien who then resigns to give birth to their twins.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Setting aside his fitness or lack thereof, as far as I am concerned, for a striker, Tony has a major flaw. His shooting is neither powerful enough nor accurate enough. In fact it is so poor he makes Simon Church look like a latter day Peter Lorimer.
    I doubt he'll ever be able to fix that. So all the show pony stuff, as exciting as it can be to watch, is just fluff which leads to no meaningful product.

Especially when he's dropped so deep that it rarely leads to a chance.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    i think beggars cant be choosers what other firepower have we got up front the prolific striker ajose who couldnt hit a cows ass with a banjo, and josh out injured, we havent really been good since the start of the season, the guy has played some of a game for us so far, was never the plan for him to play 70+ minutes but an injury happened, quick enough to moan when people slate fox who wasnt great although some on here go on about him like the 2nd coming, so what he loved the club he wasnt v good, tony watt might be here till june if he puts a shift in and gets us a few results who cares.