Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bury 25th February- Football for a fiver

2»

Comments

• Options

the return of CARD protests too I hope

Hope you are the only one.
    I don't.
    Split fan base Roland wins
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Cmon guys, lets push for a bumper 9K crowd for this one!

You jest but what the club and Target20k don't understand is that FFAF worked so well because it was pushed by the club's best marketing tool - the fans.

Piss off the fans and you lose that marketing tool hence the pathetic crowd (14k was it?) for the last FFAF game this season.

But fans are only a third of the club's income, the club don't need them, they just have to accept it's the owner's club and he does whatever he wants and we're not needed. You reap what you sow, Katrien
    This one might sneak over 10K, I cant image there will be many more in home areas. Bury might bring more as its cheap for them, and they can do the typical northerner day out in London thing with it.
    So what exactly is a typical northerner day out in London ? Having always lived and worked here, I have no idea what a Northerner does in London for a day ??

Buckingham Palace ? Trafalgar Square ? Perhaps our Northern based fans can fill us in ?
    Ralph I think I can help.

They do 2 things
    1. drink beer
    2. moan about the price of beer
  • Options
    edited January 2017

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Cmon guys, lets push for a bumper 9K crowd for this one!

You jest but what the club and Target20k don't understand is that FFAF worked so well because it was pushed by the club's best marketing tool - the fans.

Piss off the fans and you lose that marketing tool hence the pathetic crowd (14k was it?) for the last FFAF game this season.

But fans are only a third of the club's income, the club don't need them, they just have to accept it's the owner's club and he does whatever he wants and we're not needed. You reap what you sow, Katrien
    This one might sneak over 10K, I cant image there will be many more in home areas. Bury might bring more as its cheap for them, and they can do the typical northerner day out in London thing with it.
    So what exactly is a typical northerner day out in London ? Having always lived and worked here, I have no idea what a Northerner does in London for a day ??

Buckingham Palace ? Trafalgar Square ? Perhaps our Northern based fans can fill us in ?
    Ralph I think I can help.

They do 2 things
    1. drink beer
    2. moan about the price of beer
    Or

1. Moan about the price of beer
    2. Drink beer
  • Options
    Still can not be enticed or enthused by the £5 offer
    Been on a boycott since November 2015.
  • Options
    How many games per season do they now have this promotion? Used to be one, same with Kids for a quid.

Too many promotions implies an element of financial desperation in any business (Except DFS of course)
  • Options
    It all helps keeping the cost of watching Charlton when I want lower than the cost of having renewed.
  • Options
    Would have been tempted, but already arranged to go to Greenwich Borough that day.
  • Options

How many games per season do they now have this promotion? Used to be one, same with Kids for a quid.

Too many promotions implies an element of financial desperation in any business (Except DFS of course)

Northampton: Free (SE7 Residents or if you know someone who lives there)

Shrewsbury: £10 (If another ticket bought by a season ticket holder)

Rochdale: £5 (Anywhere in the ground)

Bury: £5 (Anywhere in the ground)

Kids for a Quid: Chesterfield and Bristol Rovers Home Games
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Northampton: Free (SE7 Residents or if you know someone who lives there)

Shrewsbury: £10 (If another ticket bought by a season ticket holder)

Rochdale: £5 (Anywhere in the ground)

Bury: £5 (Anywhere in the ground)

Kids for a Quid: Chesterfield and Bristol Rovers Home Games
    Bristol Rovers included a free adults ticket if you donated a coat to the CACT.
  • Options

We did two in L1 in 11/12, so not unique. Never been a limit on Kid for a Quid (although personally I don't think it stacks up). I doubt they will make any money on FFAF this season.