Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonight's L1 matches

A couple of surprising results

Sheffield United lose at home 2-0 to Fleetwood, while Peterborough lose 2-0 to Oldham, the team who are 2nd bottom...

Not sure why they played this week anyway, Sheff Utd have now played more games than anyone else in the division

Comments

• Options
    Bad news for us that Fleetwood won.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Must have been down to the crowd at Oldham who were let in for free. We should do that, can't beat a free demo day.
  • Options
    New manager bounce at Oldham, perhaps Sheridan threatened to do to his players what he threatened to do to the 4th official in that Notts County game...
  • Options

Basically only one play off spot left.
  • Options

Just got back from the gym stop talking b#llocks s fleet wood win has kept us in touch with Sheffield United when we win our games in hand
  • Options
    Sheffield Uniteds game tonight was due to be played 2 weeks ago, when they played Southend instead. Their Southend game was originally scheduled for 7 weeks time. Fuck knows why they changed it around though.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Talal said:

Do people really think we're gonna get a play off spot? My gob is mildly smacked.

Yes
    Well we won't, just so you know.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Talal said:

Do people really think we're gonna get a play off spot? My gob is mildly smacked.

If we hit top form for the rest of the season it would be possible, as the other teams are so average/poor.

However, I agree that there's probably about a 10% chance of this happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

clb74 said:

Talal said:

Yes
    Well we won't, just so you know.
    I tend to agree with you, any chance of having your lottery numbers as well to ease the impending disappointment :wink:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Just got back from the gym stop talking b#llocks s fleet wood win has kept us in touch with Sheffield United when we win our games in hand
    Exactly. Win our 3 games in hand and we'll be only 12 points behind Sheff Utd.

• Options

Why?

Bradford are 10 points ahead of us, but have played 2 games more. They've just lost a key player (Hanson) to Sheffield United. Both them and Rochdale could be caught

Fleetwood are on an amazing run, unbeaten in at least 10 matches, 5 straight wins
  • Options

Fleetwood are on an amazing run, unbeaten in at least 10 matches, 5 straight wins
    And the only run we ever go on, is not beating Millwall.

• Options

Why?

Bradford are 10 points ahead of us, but have played 2 games more. They've just lost a key player (Hanson) to Sheffield United. Both them and Rochdale could be caught

Are you a mate of CLB74?!

I admire your optimism.
  • Options
    If we were in 7th place with points to make up then I'd be more optimistic but we also have to overhaul 7 teams above us, not just one. Can't see it happening.
  • Options
    If we go on a run of winning 4 or 5 in a row like Fleetwood and other teams have, it will shoot us right into contention.

That's a big if though as so far we haven't looked likely of that.

I don't think we're out of it, not at all, but I do think it's going to be a tough ask and would rely on other teams such as Rochdale to really fall away to give us a good chance.

In general, the teams up there are very average, it is quite a weak league in my opinion, not anything like it has been in the past with us, Leeds, both Sheffield teams, Huddersfield, Norwich, Southampton etc.
  • Options
    The gap is already starting to look to great to make up.

We have only won 8 matches this season we would need to win a minimum of 9 more matches to be near the top 6.
  • Options
    Fleetwood have a very good manager in Rosler he done a great job at Brentford and is doing very well at Fleetwood.
  • Options
    play offs/promotional
    deluded the lot of you
    youve been listening to the karl Robinson bullshit show to much
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017

Fleetwood have a very good manager in Rosler he done a great job at Brentford and is doing very well at Fleetwood.

He should get Manager of the Year... Rosler only took over on 30th July (a week before the season started) )after Steven Pressley resigned due to something to do with a lack of signings (or something). I certainly had them down for relegation.

They've only lost once at home this season and have only failed to score in one game this season.

He's definitely rebuild his reputation after Leeds and Wigan
  • Options
    We will finish midtable. We are just not good enough to win enough games to make up the gap
  • Options

play offs/promotional
    deluded the lot of you
    youve been listening to the karl Robinson bullshit show to much

We are going up say we are going up.
    Get on the 13/2 to finish top 6
  • Options
    Without Magennis does anyone really think we have a chance of making the play-offs? I admire the optimism and hope that you're right.

All I can think is that the transfer window shuts soon and Robinson is a couple of bad performances away from the wheels completely falling off again as the realisation that promotion is impossible hits home. The last couple of home games have been enjoyable and the atmosphere good but the toxicity is just around the corner and I'm not sure Karl is quite ready for it......
  • Options
    Unlikely but if we can beat fleetwood and draw Bolton we then have a run of games in Feb that could see us go on a winning run but not counting on that, far too many draws has done for us I think
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Playoffs this season no chance.
    But with a good well constructed transfer window in the summer.

Rudd wont be re-signed... Magennis | Konsa | Aribo | Phillips to be sold. Jackson will retire to join the coaching team permanently and after the difficulties of signing Crofts at the start I wouldnt be surprised if he was released.

Vetokele | Ceballos | Sarr will all join new sides on loan deals whilst Kashi will fall down yet another black hole

The four latter names mentioned wont be difficult to replace as they werent here already yet with Rudd and Phillips gone it'll be Mitov's turn whilst the others mentioned will be difficult to replace and will be done with cheap incomings again.

Yes it might not be as bad as that but I really wouldnt be surprised!!
  • Options
    What part of anything we have seen for longer than 45 minutes this season would even remotely convince people we were capable of 'hitting top form' or 'going on a run'.

Just to show I am not just a negative twat I will add to the mix 'get a grip you lot, all it takes is an major outbreak of bubonic plague north of the Thames and were a shoe in for the playoffs'

• Options
    clb74 said:

Talal said:

Yes
    Are you sure that you are not mixing up "gym" with "pub", clb?
  • Options
    No Algarveaddick our problem is we've drawn to many games only 2 teams have lost less games than us.
    Next 3 games I want 6 points that will set us up