Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Hurt RIP

2»

Comments

• Options

Set the standard for his career as Max in Midnight Express and hit it every time thereafter.

Think he did so even before that role Cardinal, was brilliant in The Naked Civil Servant and as Caligula in I Claudia's on TV before that.
  • Options

Set the standard for his career as Max in Midnight Express and hit it every time thereafter.

Think he did so even before that role Cardinal, was brilliant in The Naked Civil Servant and as Caligula in I Claudia's on TV before that.
    Claudius
  • Options
    He played so many memorable roles.

The word is over used but he truly was an icon of British cinema.
  • Options
    One of the finest screen actors of his, or indeed any, generation. We were lucky to have him and a true British icon.

RIP John
  • Options
    RIP one of my favorites.
  • Options
    terrific actor whose unconventional looks allowed him to take a lot of unusual and interesting roles .. R I P
  • Options
    Terrific actor....a great loss :(
  • Options
    he is one actor who deserves to be called great. Sad news indeed. RIP and thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Stole the show in Midnight Express.......really should have won an Oscar for that.
  • Options
    RIP John, a genuine legend, and what a voice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    BBC have been showing some clips of him in various roles this morning,one of them being Caligula berating someone, possibly in the senate.
    The very sinews, veins and Adams Apple literally stood out and throbbed as he yelled insanely at the poor fella.
    I would imagine the other actors and all present in the studio must have thought to themselves "steady on John.....it's only a play."
  • Options
    Another gone to that bastard disease. RIP John.
  • Options
    They don't make em like him anymore.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP - not of my generation but from what I did see of his stuff he had a massively powerful presence and voice
  • Options
    Was in over 200 films! That is some career! RIP
  • Options
    A brilliant actor , very sad news RIP John ,
  • Options
    The acting profession has lost a true, British great.

Sleep tight, John.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Liked him a lot, played some great roles, another sad loss!

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

RIP - not of my generation but from what I did see of his stuff he had a massively powerful presence and voice

Not from your generation?
    He's been around and very active for decades!
  • Options
    RIP Kilgharrah
  • Options
    RIP. A great actor & a wonderfully recognisable voice.
  • Options
    One of my favourite actors. I think the first thing I remember him in was as Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment.
  • Options
    Superb versatile actor - RIP