Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson @ The Orchard Theatre Dartford Last Night

Comments

• Options
    One tale he did tell on the night, was about some of his trips to entertain the troops in Iraq etc, he never charged a penny and paid all his own expenses, unlike Gerri Halliwell who he said charged over £80K to perform 4-5 songs, absolute bitch.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Whilst 80k for 4-5 Geri Halliwell songs seems extotionate in the extreme - surely what she was paid is her business. She must have a good agent! What is more important is who paid her?
  • Options

He always seems to me to be stuck in a time warp - the world has moved on. He still has an audience but his appeal seems increasingly limited.

Nah, it's you.
  • Options
    No I haven't - you can say any celebrity who didn't go to entertain the troups is an absolute bitch too as Jim Davidson did it for nothing - she did but charged for it. No reason to call her a bitch.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He always seems to me to be stuck in a time warp - the world has moved on. He still has an audience but his appeal seems increasingly limited.

Nah, it's you.
    Hardly me - his audience keeps getting smaller. Bit like one of those 70s pop bands that are still churning out the same stuff.

• Options
    I don't want to get into an argument, but I do know Geri Halliwell is involved in a fair bit of charity work. A lot of it well publicised. Her work as a United Nations goodwill ambassador for instance.
  • Options

I don't want to get into an argument, but I do know Geri Halliwell is involved in a fair bit of charity work. A lot of it well publicised. Her work as a United Nations goodwill ambassador for instance.

No argument, difference of opinion
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Fighting talk if ever I've heard it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DA9 said:

Outside now!
  • Options
    Fair enough because if you added up Jim Davidson's financial contribution to charity and Geri Hallewell's she might beat him quite easily. But that shouldn't take anything away from the great work he does for the troops. He might do more as a percentage of his time and income - we don't know and in terms of Gerri Halliwell, I would respectfully suggest that he doesn't know.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Outside now!
    Makros will soon be making an official complaint to Charlton Life - their customers can never find anywhere to park!
  • Options
    I'm not going to get into a fight over a spice girl!
  • Options
    I'm sure Jim is being 100% truthful about that story as well.
  • Options
    Jim also contributes a lot to divorce lawyers ..............
  • Options
    What if she gave her £80k payment to a charity of her preferred choice
  • Options
    The British Army is a charity? I heard that right?

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Help for Heroes (not the British Army) is a worthy charity and I have contributed to it. But there are lots of worthy charities. My point was made because I knew Halliwell did a fair bit of charity work - Why I know these stupid things I don't know - I know more about the soaps than my wife and never watch them whilst she does! I knew she was a UN Ambassador and these things stick in my brain! So calling her a bitch seemed a tad unfair and I think illustrated a point from my earlier post, although some will get that and some will not.

I didn't know all the charities she has supported/is supporting but a quick google suggests:

Cancer Research UK
    Children in Need
    Children with AIDS
    Epilepsy Action

Great Ormond Street Hospital
    Neurofibromatosis Association
    Terrence Higgins Trust
    United Nations Foundation

So if she is going to be called a bitch in relation to charity work - there should be some context, unless your favoured charity is the only important one. What you contribute to charity shouldn't be a competition in my opinion!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A quick search I have just done - looking for charities Jim Davidson supports threw this up:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/25852/jim_davidson_draws_salary_from_veterans_charity

I haven't got a problem with it, but it does make his joke seem a bit hypocritical.
  • Options
    And Leuth said 'what a vibrant multicultural country we live in'
  • Options
    I have some charity I'd like to give Geri.
  • Options
    The £80,000 may well be the costs of the project/production.
    She personally may not have received anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Done some more research on this, on teh back of your post Sound As and this dates back to 2001. I think the tabloids made a little storm of it at the time, the truth was/is that she performed for nothing and was actually out of pocket and the costs were for the production/paying dancers/security etc... Which one can criticise, but hardly her fault and reason to call her a bitch.

No more research on this. I'm sure it is better to slur somebody due to rumour and half truths to make you look good and her bad. That seems to be how this society works at the moment - invent a crime - forget the full truth or don't take the trouble to find out what it is- and hate the person. Maybe you shouldn't have accused me of missing the point DA9, because I didn't think I did, and that was my motivation to expose this bollocks.
  • Options

A quick search I have just done - looking for charities Jim Davidson supports threw this up:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/25852/jim_davidson_draws_salary_from_veterans_charity

I haven't got a problem with it, but it does make his joke seem a bit hypocritical.

You did read the article?
  • Options

Done some more research on this, on teh back of your post Sound As and this dates back to 2001. I think the tabloids made a little storm of it at the time, the truth was/is that she performed for nothing and was actually out of pocket and the costs were for the production/paying dancers/security etc... Which one can criticise, but hardly her fault and reason to call her a bitch.

No more research on this. I'm sure it is better to slur somebody due to rumour and half truths to make you look good and her bad. That seems to be how this society works at the moment - invent a crime - forget the full truth or don't take the trouble to find out what it is- and hate the person. Maybe you shouldn't have accused me of missing the point DA9, because I didn't think I did, and that was my motivation to expose this bollocks.

How much did Jim Davidsons backing dancers cost ?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Greenie said:

You did read the article?
    I did - I wasn't trying to be critical of him at all in terms of his charity and said as much in the post - just making the point how he got accused unfairly of something similar to what he was accusing Halliwell of which is hypocritical. If people think he was right to slag her off in front of an audience fine. But for me it says a lot about society - people who don't take the trouble to understand the facts condemning. Elections are won on feeding unreasonable anger to the people. It is easy to hate! In the show I went to, Jim created a caricature of a greenham common left wing woman -trying to suggest they run our society. There may be a few of them, but they are pretty meaningless but that is how this anger thing works.

Not suggesting anybody wastes their time doing it, but my search history will show me making supporting comments about Davidson when he has been the victim of unfair accusations. My gripe is not about him, but more generally about ignorance. It is just as he has been the victim of it himself, I would expect better.
  • Options
    I think as Beckham has shown, doing Charity work is partly for the good it brings to causes but to also further their own brand whether that is for monetary gain or for honours