Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim Davidson @ The Orchard Theatre Dartford Last Night

13»

Comments

• Options

Done some more research on this, on teh back of your post Sound As and this dates back to 2001. I think the tabloids made a little storm of it at the time, the truth was/is that she performed for nothing and was actually out of pocket and the costs were for the production/paying dancers/security etc... Which one can criticise, but hardly her fault and reason to call her a bitch.

No more research on this. I'm sure it is better to slur somebody due to rumour and half truths to make you look good and her bad. That seems to be how this society works at the moment - invent a crime - forget the full truth or don't take the trouble to find out what it is- and hate the person. Maybe you shouldn't have accused me of missing the point DA9, because I didn't think I did, and that was my motivation to expose this bollocks.

You seemed to have taken this personally, are you her agent?

Not my words, his, told to over 1500 people in a theatre, and no doubt many thousands more during his tour.
    Bitch, yep, in my eyes if she charged the armed forces, even for expense costs. It's all about relevance, she is no doubt a very rich person, who could no doubt write off any production costs in her annual tax submission.
    I, you, and many others on this forum no doubt do plenty for charity events we attend, I don't stick in an invoice for petrol, food or travel costs, or wages for days I've taken off.
    No, the armed forces are not a charity, but events for troop moral should be treated as such IMO.

For someone who didn't want to get into an argument about it, you ain't half gone out of your way to look for one.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DA9 said:

Whilst 80k for 4-5 Geri Halliwell songs seems extotionate in the extreme - surely what she was paid is her business. She must have a good agent! What is more important is who paid her?

I think you've missed the point completely.
    I think this comment sent me off - and then without much effort finding evidence that his comment was unfair and hypocritical which I think made a wider point about him, not you. I haven't spent a lot of time on it - but if you want to refute anything I have said - please do with evidence to the contrary. Then I suppose it becomes an argument. Or why don't we just leave it there.

• Options
    anyway id much rather spend a few hours in JD s company than hearing Gerri Halliwell telling me what a lot of work she does for Charidee
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    lolwray said:

anyway id much rather spend a few hours in JD s company than hearing Gerri Halliwell telling me what a lot of work she does for Charidee

I don't know either of them personally but I think I'd rather listen to Gerri than Jim.
  • Options

lolwray said:

I don't know either of them personally but I think I'd rather listen to Gerri than Jim.
    No you wouldn't @AddicksAddict
  • Options
    Had Jim in my cab last summer and I happened to be wearing my CAFC shirt
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Was he wearing his Bournemouth shirt ?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

And some say the games dead
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the squaddies. Davidson and Halliwell. Poor sods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

They really dont need your pity.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

They have it though.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

They have it though.
    Squaddies will make the most of any eventuality and enjoy it with great good humour.
  • Options
    Fuck me it's the 1939 show.
  • Options
    heading down the orchard tonight anyone else heading down
  • Options
    Not a fan. The fact that he supports Charlton has never affected my opinion of him. 

• Options
    not going tonight but I am going to the Orchard Theatre next week for the first time. is the large car park next door the best place to park?
  • Options
    not going tonight but I am going to the Orchard Theatre next week for the first time. is the large car park next door the best place to park?
    fine mate parked at the shopping centre one last year and quite a confusing signage ended up with a ticket i use the train as means can have a drink and living in bexley a short taxi home after. 
  • Options
    cheers for that. I'll park there and hope i can make sense of the signage. enjoy Jim tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Not a fan. The fact that he supports Charlton has never affected my opinion of him. 

Thanks for that!
    My pleasure Soapy :-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Thanks for that!
    I’ve found it’s best to keep your opinion to yourself re ‘our Jim’......there’s been some pretty heated discussions over the years.
    Not a bad fella if you get to know him.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Thanks for that!
    I’ve found it’s best to keep your opinion to yourself re ‘our Jim’......there’s been some pretty heated discussions over the years.
    Not a bad fella if you get to know him.
    Fair enough. And I like the sound of the ‘Roland Out’ chanting.