Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    Looks a small crowd?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Looks a small crowd?
    9,600 with a 16k capacity.
    They have a very limiting sale of tickets, to the extent if you turn up without ID you do not get a ticket.
    Sales at the stadium are only on the day of game.

• Options
    Great pics, and looks like a very compact stadium, crowd looks like The Valley this season on a good day...
    Like the crowd control screens, looks like they really don't like people to have access to the pitch.
  • Options
    Great pics, and looks like a very compact stadium, crowd looks like The Valley this season on a good day...
    Like the crowd control screens, looks like they really don't like people to have access to the pitch.
    As for crowd control, the police checked you going in and were VERY heavy handed.  This was a low key game, I dread to think how they would be for the big games against neighbouring São Paulo teams like Palmeiras and Corinthians.
  • Options
    Shithole. Rather go Welling :-)
  • Options
    Cracking away support 
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Was in Hamburg last weekend and visited the stadiums of both Hamburg SV and St Pauli. However, Hamburg was for a heavy metal concert and I wasn’t able to get a ticket for St Pauli, so just had a wander around outside pre match.

The atmosphere around a St Pauli matchday is unique. I’m sure many of you will know a bit about them as a club. They really do lean in to everything that you would expect a club that is largely fan run to be. 

The fanbase and the local bars embrace a real punk rock vibe, that I haven’t seen to anywhere near the same extent anywhere else.

It was an interesting day to be in Hamburg actually as HSV were going for promotion, but lost out due to a goal in the 12th minute of injury time in another game. They’re 3-0 behind after the 1st leg of the relegation playoff against Stuttgart, and so it looks like both stadiums will still be Bundesliga II next year.

Quite incredibly, the name ‘Matt Penney’ got a good reaction from a couple of St Pauli fans I spoke to - as he scored the winner for them in the big derby there a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Was in Hamburg last weekend and visited the stadiums of both Hamburg SV and St Pauli. However, Hamburg was for a heavy metal concert and I wasn’t able to get a ticket for St Pauli, so just had a wander around outside pre match.

The atmosphere around a St Pauli matchday is unique. I’m sure many of you will know a bit about them as a club. They really do lean in to everything that you would expect a club that is largely fan run to be. 

The fanbase and the local bars embrace a real punk rock vibe, that I haven’t seen to anywhere near the same extent anywhere else.

It was an interesting day to be in Hamburg actually as HSV were going for promotion, but lost out due to a goal in the 12th minute of injury time in another game. They’re 3-0 behind after the 1st leg of the relegation playoff against Stuttgart, and so it looks like both stadiums will still be Bundesliga II next year.

Quite incredibly, the name ‘Matt Penney’ got a good reaction from a couple of St Pauli fans I spoke to - as he scored the winner for them in the big derby there a couple of years ago.
    The clubs in Germany seem to be very well supported, I imagine average attendances over there are quite high.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    cafctom said:

The clubs in Germany seem to be very well supported, I imagine average attendances over there are quite high.
    I got to St Pauli 3 hours before kick off, and there were people outside with signs looking to buy a spare ticket. 
    For a second division dead rubber match!

The stadium holds approx 29-30k. 

• Options
    cafctom said:

Remember Keegan going there.
  • Options
    Could always gain enter to this ground with access to all areas. Favorite player was the very tall goalkeeper Hans Muller.
    Photo taken by myself.
  • Options

It is very much like going to sport in America, the Brasilians are continually feeding their face and having a beer.  Nice that you can watch the game as well.  It'll never catch on in England, a shame!
    Cuiabá v Botafogo last night, Botafogo are top of the table and they are behind the goal top tier.   There were about a thousand although due to a flight being two hours away from Rio, the vast majority were probably locals.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

@oohaahmortimer would have loved being here tonight.
    Cuiabá v Santos, the top tier is the away allocation, a big fat zero :D
  • Options
    edited July 2023

This was an unexpected tick last night.
    This 'ground' is two minutes away from where I currently live.
    This game was played in a division of what is known as 'The Neighbourhood League', the equivalent to a division made up of teams from Bexley, Bexleyheath, Crayford and Dartford.  It was 20 minutes each way, and seven-a-side on a pitch probably 75% of a full size one.
    They need a new groundsman, he cannot use a roller in a straight line!
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick

How do you find going to these games in Brazil, particularly as I assume you are going by yourself?

Do the locals think it is good/strange/funny that a lone Englishman turns up? Are they welcoming or a bit unfriendly? (Hopefully not hostile). Do you need to tread carefully?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @ElfsborgAddick

How do you find going to these games in Brazil, particularly as I assume you are going by yourself?

Do the locals think it is good/strange/funny that a lone Englishman turns up? Are they welcoming or a bit unfriendly? (Hopefully not hostile). Do you need to tread carefully?
    I have an app called Sofascore that is mustard for the games.

I have made a mate out here who goes with me for the Cuiabá  games, he likes a beer. 

I'm off to São Paulo next month to see Palmeiras on Saturday, Corinthians the following day.  São Paulo is VERY dodgy so you have to have your wits about you, careful with phone, no jewellery etc.   This I'll be doing on my jack.

At the football they're alright, very curious that a midget from London is over there.
  • Options
    Pre - Season friendly. Arundel v Guildford city.
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options

At Tunbridge Wells v Redhill tonight . Ground 102
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

At Tunbridge Wells v Redhill tonight . Ground 102

Decent little ground that.  Rusthall is the other end of Tunbridge Wells and that is good as well.
  • Options
    Rusthall is on the to do list @ElfsborgAddick
  • Options

Corinthians v Coritiba in Serie A today.

I got to the ground four hours before kick off to get a ticket.  I was told I had to purchase online and they were unable to give me a ticket.  I explained that was impossible and explained my position, the lady repeated herself.

I went to another ticket office and found a very helpful lady who spoke English, she said do not worry I'll sort it.

We went to a third place, her friend said I could buy a VIP ticket for £150, tickets here are around £20 maximum so I explained that was a bit expensive. I was then offered a ticket for around £55 in a lounge area, I was not too happy but was prepared to pay it, then the lady said with that you get unlimited food and drink which was throughout the game and an hour afterwards, happy days.

The game was very good, particularly the second half where there could have been more goals than the 3-1 result.

Unlimited food and drink + match ticket for £55 - that is an incredible offering - cracking ground as well by the look of it - I watched a documentary where the English Corinthian club went out to play Brazil Corinthian (the Brazil club were formed because of the English club) - a good watch that was
  • Options

The old 4-4-0 did it for me as that's the Charlton formation.
  • Options
    Great pictures but I wander if someone is missing TS a touch.
  • Options

Corinthians v Coritiba in Serie A today.

I got to the ground four hours before kick off to get a ticket.  I was told I had to purchase online and they were unable to give me a ticket.  I explained that was impossible and explained my position, the lady repeated herself.

I went to another ticket office and found a very helpful lady who spoke English, she said do not worry I'll sort it.

We went to a third place, her friend said I could buy a VIP ticket for £150, tickets here are around £20 maximum so I explained that was a bit expensive. I was then offered a ticket for around £55 in a lounge area, I was not too happy but was prepared to pay it, then the lady said with that you get unlimited food and drink which was throughout the game and an hour afterwards, happy days.

The game was very good, particularly the second half where there could have been more goals than the 3-1 result.

Unlimited food and drink + match ticket for £55 - that is an incredible offering - cracking ground as well by the look of it - I watched a documentary where the English Corinthian club went out to play Brazil Corinthian (the Brazil club were formed because of the English club) - a good watch that was
    Corinthian Casuals, I saw somebody wearing a top yesterday.