Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    cafc4life said:
    My ticket was €38 but there were many cheaper and availability wasn’t a problem. Bought a few weeks before online
    Nice one mate.  Looking at the photo it seems you had a good view.

Spain have loads of cracking grounds, I'd love to do Betis.

Fwiw, Real Madrid on the day  is easy, BIG games aside.
    I went Betis in 2019. Great atmosphere. I’ve now done

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Atletico Madrid
    Valencia
    Real Betis
    Athletic Bilbao
    Getafe
    Mallorca

Deportivo Alaves
    Eibar + a couple of third tier sides

of all of these, I’d highly recommend anyone to go to Bilbao for the weekend. Fantastic City, amazing stadium and great atmosphere. I love it there. 
    I went to the Vicente Calderón, their penultimate game before moving.  Probably one of the best grounds I have been to.
    Spain is great for hopping.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    My first time doing 4 games in a weekend. I stayed in The Hague, I reckon 4 games and 2 nights or 5 games, 3 nights is doable in The Netherlands. Games are nicely spread out and transport is quick and easy.

Dordrecht 1-0 PSV U21s (2nd Division) on Friday, very old school. This is a little east of Rotterdam:

DOVO 1-0 HSV Hoek (4th division) Saturday afternoon. I think you could watch this game for free if you stayed in the bar. You had a worse view than pitchside for 10 euros, but I guess the idea is you spend 10+ euros in there (?). So I always had to show my ticket after visiting the loo or buying drinks and returning:

Then Arnhem is 15 mins east by train. Vitesse Arnhem 2-0 Go Ahead Eagles in the Eredivisie was Saturday evening. Good atmosphere and game plus a lovely town:

Then Sunday lunchtime to Willem II 2-1 VVV Venlo in Tilburg and the 2nd tier. Best atmosphere of the bunch and a real connection between the fans and players that I'm jealous of:

I have been to see Ajax and Feyenoord both at home before but much preferred Vitesse and Willem's atmospheres. Them and PSV make tourist tickets available but there's a huge mark-up eg PSV wanted 70 euros for their game last night. I saw all of the above for around £50.

I imagine you had a cracking weekend mate, Den Haag is alright if you have not been there.
    For multiple games over a weekend have a look into going to Prague.
  • Options
    If anyone is ever in Madrid, I'd recommend Rayo Vallecano - fantastic supporters and a great atmosphere. They are basically the opposite of Real Madrid in every way; down to earth working class fans who support the team every game without fail in their no-frills but always welcoming stadium. Well recommended!
  • Options
    If anyone is ever in Madrid, I'd recommend Rayo Vallecano - fantastic supporters and a great atmosphere. They are basically the opposite of Real Madrid in every way; down to earth working class fans who support the team every game without fail in their no-frills but always welcoming stadium. Well recommended!

I imagine you get more atmosphere there than when I went to see Real Madrid v Betis.
  • Options
    I want to go here asap but I’ve heard it’s hard to get tickets as they don’t have an online sales setup like other clubs? 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I want to go here asap but I’ve heard it’s hard to get tickets as they don’t have an online sales setup like other clubs? 
    That´s right - part of their charm in a way but also a bit annoying!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I realise the ground is much smaller, but for both Real and Athletico I bought six hours before the game with no problems.
    I realise it is a risk but go with having a back up, Leganes is only 20 minutes from one of the central stations.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I’ll try and get there next season. Ideally like to do it alongside Leganes and Alcorcon if the fixtures fall my way.
  • Options
    Do Vallecano sell out every home game do you know? @CharltonMadrid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would say not every home game but it depends on who they are playing and how they are doing.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Ess
  • Options
    Essex Olympian premier League.
    Sungate 2 Leigh Ramblers 3.
    Free admission. Bar open & food available.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    I ticked this during the Covid restrictions, what was the bar like?
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Longish and attached to the goal posts 
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Decent size Bar which was busy, good selection of larger and beers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about shorts?
  • Options
    End of season stats. It’s not been a bad year for groundhopping for me. Looking forward to 23/24
  • Options

• Options
    same goals in less games!
  • Options
    Also saw two games back to back yesterday at Wembley Stadium for the FA Vase and FA Trophy Finals.

Really enjoyed it actually, and will look to do it again next season.

27,000 tickets sold altogether between Ascot/Newport Pagnell/Gateshead/Halifax and a section for neutrals. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Also saw two games back to back yesterday at Wembley Stadium for the FA Vase and FA Trophy Finals.

Really enjoyed it actually, and will look to do it again next season.

27,000 tickets sold altogether between Ascot/Newport Pagnell/Gateshead/Halifax and a section for neutrals. 

That's a fantastic gate for that level, hopefully more people will attend non-league games next season.
  • Options
    Has anybody been to St Pauli before? I’m going to Hamburg this weekend, but tickets for German games in the top 1-2 divisions aren’t easy to come by without being a member. 

Hoping to find a way to see St Pauli in their last game of the season against Karlsruher. Doesn’t look like there are many other options on. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Has anybody been to St Pauli before? I’m going to Hamburg this weekend, but tickets for German games in the top 1-2 divisions aren’t easy to come by without being a member. 

Hoping to find a way to see St Pauli in their last game of the season against Karlsruher. Doesn’t look like there are many other options on. 
    St Pauli is always hard to arrange, plus they're on form and it's the last game. 

Look into Hannover, that's an easy commute from Hamburg and they're stuck in midtable. The town is just okay but it has the best supporters' bar I've been to in Germany.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    cafctom said:

St Pauli is always hard to arrange, plus they're on form and it's the last game. 

Look into Hannover, that's an easy commute from Hamburg and they're stuck in midtable. The town is just okay but it has the best supporters' bar I've been to in Germany.
    Thanks - I actually need to stay in Hamburg as I’m at a gig at the Hamburg stadium in the evening. Think I’ll head to the St Pauli area pre match and see if there’s any chance of getting a ticket from someone.