Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson RIP

Comments

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Liked her because she always came across as being a little bit crazy. RIP.

Certainly eccentric.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Jesus you lot.

I couldn't care less one way or the other.

Yet you went to the bother to type more words than anyone else on the subject?

Strange
    Another worrying thread offering condolences to someone no one knows . It's becoming more like the Times obit pages on here every day.
    A little harsh perhaps, but I do see your point.
    How many times do you see a RIP thread and think who's that?
  • Options
    Met her at Wembley Arena circa 1998. I ponced a couple of cigarettes off of her and chatted for 5 / 10 mins.

Real shame, RIP.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Jesus you lot.

Strange
    Another worrying thread offering condolences to someone no one knows . It's becoming more like the Times obit pages on here every day.
    How'sit go?

Yawn...
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Jesus you lot.

Strange
    What's worrying about regretting the departing of someone that we all were aware of.

You are in a hole. Stop digging.

• Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Jesus you lot.

Strange
    Buckshee, you do of course have the option, having read RIP in the thread title, to simply pass on by without passing comment.
  • Options
    Drowning in a see of RIP threads on here lately.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I have to agree with you here buckshee.
    I would like to see only 2 RIP threads.
    One Charlton related
    And
    Two
    One not Charlton related
  • Options

buckshee said:

I have to agree with you here buckshee.
    I would like to see only 2 RIP threads.
    One Charlton related
    And
    Two
    One not Charlton related
    Inclined to agree, but as I'm here,

RIP Tara, someone's daughter lover friend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So argue about it on another thread then
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I know what you mean, I only wish these threads had titles or headings or SOMEthing that meant you could tell what it would be about before clicking on it. To be honest, it's pretty disgraceful that titles like that don't exist on this forum, and you're totally right to be annoyed that you have to keep clicking and reading to find out what they're about.
  • Options
    I don't see any sign of disrespect on this thread. I think the point is that people die every day. Someone on this form probably loses someone they know or are related to at least once a week. Millions of people go through personal heartache all the time yet they don't have threads dedicated to their loved ones because they're not famous. Then someone who was 'famous for being famous' dies and the thread gets 20 'RIP's in a matter of minutes. You can understand why it's puzzling to some people.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This is to place to be if you want to keep up with deaths that's for sure.

I also believe the complete lack of interest and our current hell of going nowhere as a football club is contributing to this culture of "shit, someone's died, I better put this on Charlton life".

Be interesting to know how many RIP threads there were in 2011/12 season.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Classy. Shame people are ignoring your advice though and detracting from the OP with a lack of respect. RIP btw out of respect for those that passed.
  • Options
    I was taught "if you've got nothing nice to say - don't say anything"

RIP Tara. Always struck me as someone lonely and looking for someone to share her life with. Playing the role of "crazy bird" because it's what people expected of her. Maybe I'm wrong and she was happy and contented but I just don't see it.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Can I start the disrespect? Can't see she's ever done a useful days work in her life but had enough dosh to poke copious amounts of coke up her nose. An RIP thread demeans this board. PWP!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can I start the disrespect? Can't see she's ever done a useful days work in her life but had enough dosh to poke copious amounts of coke up her nose. An RIP thread demeans this board. PWP!

Would you go to a stranger's funeral and question what they had done to deserve people paying their respects?
    Or would you ignore it and get on with your life...

• Options
    edited February 2017
    buckshee said:

Jesus you lot.

I couldn't have put it better myself (except, perhaps, with a bit of punctuation).
  • Options

So what if she chose to do that? If you had enough money and managed to be able to avoid to do a useful days work, wouldn't you (avoid work)? - I know I would.

What demeans this board is disrespect. The title thread clearly states what the thread is about. He's a novel idea - don't post on it.
    I'm siding more with harveys gardener here. Yes, it's sad for those who know them when someone dies, or at least it usually is. Sometimes they've been so awful to the people they know, it's a relief, but let's stick with the others. Why do we have to have an RIP thread on here? Perhaps it's because they are related Charlton, for example Paul Went, or to football, for example Graham Taylor, or are something great about the world, for example David Attenborough, when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil? If we're going to have one for Tara, what about all the other people none of us knew, some of whom would have been far more deserving of our respect that someone who was essentially a waste of space.
  • Options

Is that how you gauge how much respect a person should get when the pass away, by the amount of "useful days work" you perceive them to have done?

What do you do for a living?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

So what if she chose to do that? If you had enough money and managed to be able to avoid to do a useful days work, wouldn't you (avoid work)? - I know I would.

What demeans this board is disrespect. The title thread clearly states what the thread is about. He's a novel idea - don't post on it.
    I'm siding more with harveys gardener here. Yes, it's sad for those who know them when someone dies, or at least it usually is. Sometimes they've been so awful to the people they know, it's a relief, but let's stick with the others. Why do we have to have an RIP thread on here? Perhaps it's because they are related Charlton, for example Paul Went, or to football, for example Graham Taylor, or are something great about the world, for example David Attenborough, when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil? If we're going to have one for Tara, what about all the other people none of us knew, some of whom would have been far more deserving of our respect that someone who was essentially a waste of space.
    So, you have to decide if someone was a waste of space or not before you show your respects. I'm sure no one would suggest otherwise.
    Why not let those who think an individual deserving choose for themselves......just like you will.
    If you don't, then avoid reading or even more ridiculous..........posting in a RIP thread, it's neither the time or place......it's called RESPECT!
  • Options

Is that how you gauge how much respect a person should get when the pass away, by the amount of "useful days work" you perceive them to have done?

"Useful day's work" is possibly a good place to start. What criteria do you use, @i_b_b_o_r_g, or all people equally worthy of your respect?
  • Options
    TPT had done nothing to harm me.

There is a saying that you should never speak ill of the dead.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule.
  • Options

"Useful day's work" is possibly a good place to start. What criteria do you use, @i_b_b_o_r_g, or all people equally worthy of your respect?
    I don't necessarily respect everyone, in fact I definitely don't, but I try not to disrespect people, especially when they've just died mate.

If you don't care about the person in question, don't open the thread in the first place. There's plenty of other threads to go on to air your crazy outspoken views. I don't think this was meant to debate TPT's lifestyle, or the overall point of RIP threads, it's meant (a) to inform other members that a well known person has died and then to (b) maybe show some respect, leave some sort of anecdote or say nothing and leave.

Would you turn up to someone's funeral and start pointing out all their failings?

• Options
    No age at all, RIP