Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oxford - Match Thread (post match from P15)

Comments

• We may have better players in theory but Oxford the better team. Trying to play too much football at the back whilst they break at pace.

I thought the point of 4-2-3-1 is that you don't get caught 'between the lines'.

Mavididi the only bright spot - scary on this evidence that he's miles from Arsenal's first team.
  • What a load of total shite this group of players and managment team are. Totally trash league and we are going to end up bottom half. RD, KM just fuck off.
  • Tex and Forster-Caskey have had shockers.

I sound like a broken record but I really don't get the positive opinion of Tex - just think he's a poor defender although I'm in a minority. He looks good in the oppo box to be fair!

No one has been good other than Mavididi and Solly has been acceptable.

We're letting McAleny run rings around us, which tells you all you need to know about that performance.

What you got, then, Karl?

Don't worry about thinking that Tex is a poor defender. Karl will show you what he's got by moving Tex to centre forward next half.

Man is a tactical genius.
  • Good to see the attempt at the crossbar challenge was of a similar standard to the 1st half display
  • Tex and Forster-Caskey have had shockers.

I sound like a broken record but I really don't get the positive opinion of Tex - just think he's a poor defender although I'm in a minority. He looks good in the oppo box to be fair!

No one has been good other than Mavididi and Solly has been acceptable.

We're letting McAleny run rings around us, which tells you all you need to know about that performance.

What you got, then, Karl?

What's he got is a fxxing Big gob
    HE talks the talk but so far that's it
  • Also i think tonight is almost confirmation that we have to have Dasilva in the matchday squad, no way would he be there ahead of Konsa and Chicksen
  • edited February 2017
    Even the crossbar challenge fella can't get it in target. Sack 'im! :-)
  • Fumbluff said:

PWR, totally forgot we were playing tonight, my phone has just told me the HT score, please tell me Mcaleny was that crap loan player Roland got for us the other year....

Yes
  • Seven league clean sheets this season. Teams do not get promoted conceding every match.
  • AshBurton said:

Good to see the attempt at the crossbar challenge was of a similar standard to the 1st half display

Inspired by the team....
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

JiMMy 85 said:

They have a FK in their own half. Eastwood goes long, Bauer heads off for a throw. They go down the line, Solly closes them down, Byrne clears. Decent. Nelson under pressure, Josh outmuscles him and gets it to Byrne, but they win it back, get to our area, driving run into our area, low shot... Rudd saves.

HALF TIME! BOOING from the Charlton 'crowd'.

I'm sitting on a sofa using a coffee table and a laptop, so my back aches, almost as much as my heart. My achey-breaky heart. I just don't think you understand.

As you're good mates now, get her round to put some deep heat on it :wink: .
    I'm playing it cool now. I'm not calling or texting. It's a bit late for aloof, but it's all I've got.
  • Looks like Watt is Coming on.
  • Please take Forster Caskey off....
  • 1StevieG said:

Please take Forster Caskey off....

He will probably take Mavididi off, he is spoiling the game
  • Gawd that was crap. But I guess im here for the overall experience... My pint was crap an all. That's it Sell the club
  • AshBurton said:

Good to see the attempt at the crossbar challenge was of a similar standard to the 1st half display

There should be an enquiry into this. Hardly anyone has managed to get the ball more than three feet off the ground as it passes the goal-line. Too pathetic to be true.
  • Song for Jimmy playing at The Valley:

Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zep
  • ross1 said:

1StevieG said:

Please take Forster Caskey off....

He will probably take Mavididi off, he is spoiling the game
    Trying to get him game-time to enhance his transfer value.
  • I think we need to be looking over our shoulders now. The play offs died for us weeks ago. February had so many potentially winnable games, so many fuck ups have resulted. Ho hum, nothing changes, did we really expect any better though?!
  • Where are you Jimmy, we are off
  • Sponsored links:

• Oxford are breaking. Byrne closes down, now they take on Solly, but they mess it up and we break. Holmes breaks... but doesnt know Edwards is on him, they get it back.
  • Laptop is running out of charge and I just cannot be asked to get up and plug the fucker in... thank you Roland!

Or arsed even!
    Swear if you want potty mouth!
  • ross1 said:

Where are you Jimmy, we are off

Taking a good luck dump
  • Sorry, I forgot I closed the tab and was waiting for commentary to come back on! School boy error. A bit like telling a girl how much you like her.
  • We have a FK. We go long to Josh, he flicks it on, Dunkley and Jhnson clear, flicked forward but Solly gets it, he finds Holmes but Nelson holds him off and gets the ball, we get a throw in.
  • We are in their half, JFC dummies to MAv, closed down but he keeps it, over to Page, he takes on Edwards and crosses... poor ball!
  • Page should have done better there. We have started brightly, but still not threatening their goal. They have a GF. Eastwood takes it and goes long. Tex wins the header, Seycombe gets it, Page makes a tackle, they get a throw.
  • these are karls new tactics
    hes realised we cant hold on to a lead so theres realy no point in scoring 1st
  • They take it, Ledson gets it into our box, Josh heads clear, Seycome takes a shot but Rudd saves, he finds Mav, Johnson closes him down. throw. Holmes to Crofts, poor ball and Mav is surprised by it and they get it back, murmurs in the crowd.
  • We are putting on a little pressure. Page to take a throw. To Crofts, back to Page, poor ball down the line and they get it back. So, so many unforced errors. I sympathise.