Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Crazy hand ball penalties, 2 given (against Milner and Klavan) which should never have been penalties, whereas the one not given from Alexander-Arnold was blatant!
  • edited May 2018

1StevieG said:

Real Madrid will counter for fun against this Liverpool team.

Liverpool can give as good as Real when it comes to counter attacks.
    Madrid have a decent midfield and defense.

Liverpool have 3 players.
    Those 3 players just got them to a champions league final. Also beat City 3 times. They are no mugs.
  • 1StevieG said:

Real Madrid will counter for fun against this Liverpool team.

Liverpool can give as good as Real when it comes to counter attacks.
    Madrid have a decent midfield and defense.

Liverpool have 3 players.
    defence.
  • Come on Madrid!
  • Neither were handballs. Both totally accidental.

Absurd to even think they were.
  • Hope the scousers wipe that chuffing smug gits smile off his face in Kiev.
  • Liverpool got away with two clear pens and two red cards. Very very lucky.

Hope they can beat Madrid in the final but doubt it.
  • dizzee said:

Liverpool got away with two clear pens and two red cards. Very very lucky.

They also conceded 2 penalties that never should have been given...
  • dizzee said:

Milner one was definitely a pen.

And the timing of the two blatant penalties and red cards tonight were on 60 mins.

Far more valuable than a soft pen on the 92nd min.

Liverpool were very lucky tonight.
  • Real Madrid look beatable but if one team does freeze on the night it's going to be Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Southgate gives Milner a call. Always been underrated but this season he’s easily England’s best CM, does everything
  • dizzee said:

dizzee said:

And the timing of the two blatant penalties and red cards tonight were on 60 mins.

Liverpool should have had a penalty themselves in the 1st half, the push on Mane.

And the own goal by Milner was a massive stroke of luck for Roma too. It could easily have been 3-0 at half time, which would have been game over
  • I would be very surprised if RM does not win this thing.
  • Other than Millwall/Palace, Liverpool are my most hated team

Besides Charlton, Real Madrid are my favourite team

I just know Liverpool are gonna win.
  • Football's a funny old game.

Spurs played Real Madrid and Liverpool off the park at Wembley and more than held our own in Madrid and at Anfield yet somehow they've both done what they needed to do to get to the final.

Just waiting for the ultimate kick in the balls tonight when Athletico somehow capitulate...
  • Liverpool will win the final
  • edited May 2018
    Really don't get the Liverpool hatred.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I've always quite liked them. Lots of English players, play good football, haven't bought success as much as other clubs (obviously they've still spent large amounts of money but not in the same league as Chelsea, City).

Agreed some of their fans are a pretty unlikable bunch but I can't help but be impressed when you hear YNWA ringing out before a big game. Pretty sure all clubs who aren't Charlton have an element of unlikeable fans

• Agreed some of their fans are a pretty unlikable bunch but I can't help but be impressed when you hear YNWA ringing out before a big game. Pretty sure all clubs who aren't Charlton have an element of unlikeable fans

An element, not the majority. And they're a bit worse than just "unlikeable" - extensive history of shameful incidents.
  • Real Madrid still should win this, they have more experience and can hurt Liverpool, yes Liverpool are a threat but if Real can nulify Salah/ Mane they will be half way there imo

3-1 Madrid, not sure who i am rooting for now. Could be Real but not really bothered, just would prefer Liverpool fans shut up after the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Agreed some of their fans are a pretty unlikable bunch but I can't help but be impressed when you hear YNWA ringing out before a big game. Pretty sure all clubs who aren't Charlton have an element of unlikeable fans

An element, not the majority. And they're a bit worse than just "unlikeable" - extensive history of shameful incidents.
    True, I guess they do have more 'incidents' in their history than most. Still the on field stuff makes them hard to dislike for me. Far prefer them to Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City
  • edited May 2018
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Fucking nonsense!
    As freaky an own goal as you’re likely to ever see, a blatant push not spotted for a clear penalty and an absurd penalty awarded against them for a supposed hand ball.
    The score line flattered Roma......draw would have been a fair result.
    Both sides were victims of some poor refereeing decisions.
    The best side went through to the final.
    And what were the TWO conceded penalties you mention....there was only one.
    Were you watching the game? I find that very very hard to believe!
  • Really don't get the Liverpool hatred.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I've always quite liked them. Lots of English players, play good football, haven't bought success as much as other clubs (obviously they've still spent large amounts of money but not in the same league as Chelsea, City).

Yes, I don't get the hatred either, but then I've never got the hatred for Man U or any other big team that's successful at the time either, unless they're your actual rivals.
  • Is the Liverpool hate a generational thing because they were good once? Just trying to get my head around it because they're one of the best English teams to watch at the moment and I hope they go all the way. Certainly prefer them over Chelsea or Man U...

Personally its the fans for me, i agree they are a great team to watch. But their fans have made me want them to lose every match.
    Same here.

Don't get the whole support the English team nonsense. Most of the players in the Premier League are foreign, and why should I want a team that in the past and hopefully in the future i fervently wish to beat?

Hala Madrid for me

• Crazy hand ball penalties, 2 given (against Milner and Klavan) which should never have been penalties, whereas the one not given from Alexander-Arnold was blatant!

Two penalties given?????
  • I respect teams based on the team not the fans. I dislike the fans of Millwall the team I couldn't give a hoot about.

Two penalties given?????
    Over the 2 legs

Two penalties given?????
    Over the 2 legs
    Oh Ok.
  • dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Fucking nonsense!
    As freaky an own goal as you’re likely to ever see, a blatant push not spotted for a clear penalty and an absurd penalty awarded against them for a supposed hand ball.
    The score line flattered Roma......draw would have been a fair result.
    Both sides were victims of some poor refereeing decisions.
    The best side went through to the final.
    And what were the TWO conceded penalties you mention....there was only one.
    Were you watching the game? I find that very very hard to believe!
    I’m afraid it’s not nonsense.

A goal is a goal - roma put the ball in and dzeko pressured lovren to smash it out.

The push was as 50-50 as the pen at the end to roma.

The two penalties and red cards were for karius when he took dzeko out and for Arnold’s goal like save with his hands. We’re you watching the game?

2 reds and 2 pens against Liverpool should have happened. Do you support Liverpool?