Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

It was a foul. Nothing more, nothing less.
    He didn’t intend to injure the player. Anyone would think he had a sly dig off the ball, raked his studs down the Achilles or deliberately went over the top of the ball and done him.

Talking sense but that doesn't fit the agenda of hating Madrid.
  • Options
    Discounted
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    MrOneLung said:

It was a foul. Nothing more, nothing less.
    He didn’t intend to injure the player. Anyone would think he had a sly dig off the ball, raked his studs down the Achilles or deliberately went over the top of the ball and done him.

It was a bloody wrestling move. He locked his arm in to his body and went over on it with the full force of his shoulder/torso.

The intent to cause harm is what completely separates it from a common foul.
  • Options
    The intent was to make sure he pulled him down. Not an intent to injure.
  • Options
    How many times do we hear in big games, when defending big players, let them know you're there!

Yeah, Ramos probably intended to get stuck in and rough Salah up a bit. Basically give him a hard time and not let him play his game. He didn't set out to injure him and make him miss the World Cup as some people seem to believe.

He locked his arm yes, that happens in hundreds of tackles every weekend. He didn't "fall with all his weight onto Salah" either.

Why did BT keep showing Ramos smiling with the assistant after too. No doubt about something completely different. They mentioned he was probably smiling and laughing over something unrelated but to keep showing him smiling while Salah was walking off was trying to push an agenda imo
  • Options
    To clarify what I meant...the arm Salah injured wasn't the one that Ramos came down on.

Ramos locking his arm prevented Salah from putting his hands out to stop his fall. But that sort of thing happens loads, week in week out.

Just unfortunate for Salah.

Hope he makes the World Cup, but it seems unlikely
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ramos fell in a completely unnatural way. You don't instinctively fall onto your own shoulder. He could softened his and Salah's fall once he'd done his "job" of pulling him to the ground but he had to take it further.

If it's not deliberate then it's extremely reckless at the very least.

• Options
    Ramos is a sneaky fuck, but I doubt he was trying to injure Salah. He'd released his hold on Salah's arm before they hit the ground but the way their momentum made them collide again on the ground was unfortunate.
  • Options

Ramos fell in a completely unnatural way. You don't instinctively fall onto your own shoulder. He could softened his and Salah's fall once he'd done his "job" of pulling him to the ground but he had to take it further.

Give over, what do you naturally fall onto then, your fucking face?
  • Options
    I don't hate Real Madrid. I have never given Sergio Ramos much thought, to be honest, because I don't watch much UCL. But it was a clear pre-meditated foul, and should have got a yellow. Then the consequence of what he had done would have stuck to Ramos. As it is he can go round saying, the ref said it was fine, and so did my fellow pros in the BT studio. I don't think that's a good outcome for football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    There you have it. In the photo.

Damn that bastard Mo Salah, he put all his weight onto Salahs left shoulder. It's his fault Salah is injured :wink:
  • Options

Ramos is a sneaky fuck, but I doubt he was trying to injure Salah. He'd released his hold on Salah's arm before they hit the ground but the way their momentum made them collide again on the ground was unfortunate.

Salah's arm is still in Ramos' grip in the picture above. The way he has chosen to hold onto it has prevented Salah from softening his fall and thus landing on his shoulder heavily and injuring himself.

The move to hold onto him was deliberate. You'd have to be a real piece of work to hurt someone on purpose but his actions were reckless and he must've known what he was doing had a chance of causing an injury.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    sam3110 said:

Give over, what do you naturally fall onto then, your fucking face?
    You put your hands out to the ground to break your fall. He preferred to keep him arms tucked in and take Salah's arm with him.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

There you have it. In the photo.

Damn that bastard Mo Salah, he put all his weight onto Salahs left shoulder. It's his fault Salah is injured :wink:

Ramos' actions still prevented Salah from being able to break his own fall and hence land on his shoulder. Yes it was unfortunate but you know you're playing a dangerous game when you hold onto someone's arm as you're taking them to the ground.
  • Options
    That's exaclty what I said above. Ramos stopped Salah from breaking his fall.

But that sort of arm locking happens all the time. Doesn't make it right but Ramos didn't plan to injure him
  • Options
    edited May 2018

That's exaclty what I said above. Ramos stopped Salah from breaking his fall.

But that sort of arm locking happens all the time. Doesn't make it right but Ramos didn't plan to injure him

So why was Ramos unable to let go of Salah before hitting the ground? He made a conscious decision to take his arm with him once Salah was falling, rather than let go and allow his opponent to break their fall.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Only Ramos would know that. Maybe he was doing what anyone would do in that situation and his first thought was about breaking his own fall?
    That would be my natural instinct.
    Looks to me he's breaking his own fall in this pic

• Options
    At the end of the day would you have Sergio Ramos in your side?
    Of course you would. The man is immense.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Salah's arm is still in Ramos' grip in the picture above. The way he has chosen to hold onto it has prevented Salah from softening his fall and thus landing on his shoulder heavily and injuring himself.

The move to hold onto him was deliberate. You'd have to be a real piece of work to hurt someone on purpose but his actions were reckless and he must've known what he was doing had a chance of causing an injury.
    Watch your own post on the previous page. Ramos grabs his arm and tugs him down, as defenders do week in week out in leagues all over the world. Once they're both falling he releases but they're falling and Salah doesn't pull his arm away. Then Ramos rolls, as you do if you want to fall without hurting yourself, and his weight comes down on his own arm closing the gap between his body and his arm, which Salah's arm is still in but not because Ramos prevented him from pulling it away. AND it's his other shoulder he actually injures.

Ramos just dragged down a fast forward who was getting away - we've seen Bauer and Pearce do similar loads of times and I've never heard anyone botching about their reckless play. Sometimes when players fall they get hurt. It's football and it's a contact sport.

Carvajal got a shove in the back in the incident that led to his injury and subsequent substitution, no one is complaining about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only Ramos would know that. Maybe he was doing what anyone would do in that situation and his first thought was about breaking his own fall?

My problem is how Ramos ends up from the pic you've got there to the pic I've posted. He rolls onto Salah's arm with intent and that's what results in Salah impacting his other shoulder.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    At no point do I see Ramos letting go of Salah. I don't see it having watched numerous replays. His arm is tucked in in an unnatural position through the whole move.
  • Options
    I think Amos’s agent should give him a call
  • Options
    edited May 2018

At no point do I see Ramos letting go of Salah. I don't see it having watched numerous replays. His arm is tucked in in an unnatural position through the whole move.

It's right there in the freeze fame sackitsteve has posted above - Ramos is in contact with Salah's arm but he's not clamped onto it in such a way Salah can't pull away, it's just their momentum and the angle they are both falling at means it's too late for either of them to avoid the impending incident. And I don't see how any player would expect that falling on another player's right arm would lead to their left shoulder being dislocated.

Salah also hooks his own arm around Ramos' earlier in the incident contributing to Ramos coming down with him.
  • Options

My problem is how Ramos ends up from the pic you've got there to the pic I've posted. He rolls onto Salah's arm with intent and that's what results in Salah impacting his other shoulder.
    I think it's just natural momentum. He's failing to his left hand side. I don't think he chose to roll onto Salah, his body weight just took him that way.

Only my opinion of course.
  • Options
    So both Ronaldo and Bale hinted they are up for a move. So where do we think they will end up?

Bale - Must be the Prem, he wants to play but I can't see him getting that guarantee at City. Arsenal and Spurs won't pay him enough, Mourinho also will not embrace his talents so has to be Chelsea.

Ronaldo - Surely he still wants to play at the top level. Possibly Bayern as their stars are all old now. City? Possible. Utd? I don't think so, has history with Jose. Would he really want just €€€? I hope not. Maybe he'll go to Juve or Napoli? Would love to see him back here though. He could well be considered the greatest STRIKER ie scorer of goals, of all time once he retires. His record just at RM is unbelievable. Something like 450 goals in 430 games.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ronaldo to PSG
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Ronaldo to PSG

C'mon! Give the guy some credit.
  • Options
    Bookies seem sure he is staying

1/6 or 1/10 to stay
    9/1 United
    11/1 Munich
    15/1 PSG

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ronaldo/club-after-summer-transfer-window
  • Options

Bookies seem sure he is staying

1/6 or 1/10 to stay
    9/1 United
    11/1 Munich
    15/1 PSG

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ronaldo/club-after-summer-transfer-window

Maybe they didn't see his PMI.