Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Comments

• Options

I've completely lost interest in football. Haven't watched any live non Charlton matches this season and have probably only seen a handful in the last three seasons, including the Euros. Leicester gave me a bit of hope last season, but the game I fell in love with doesn't exist any more.

Watch Serie A. In terms of young raw talent coming through playing great tactics and exciting matches it really is the best league to watch at the moment. Napoli especially.
  • Options
    I hope they get relegated - if only to provide a further demonstration of arrogant owners who think they know best and don't understand the concept of loyalty.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous!! Bloody overseas owners!!!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Really don't understand why people think it's wrong. Weird timing but if they want to stay up he clearly needs to go.

Well for a start, he's been punished for massively overachieving last season. Leicester are not a big established premier league club, They were out of the top flight for a decade until 2014. Winning the league was a miracle, and where they are now (battling relegation) is about their level so to be sacked for it is ridiculous.
    Oh come on that's absolute nonsense. Spent £70m in the summer, 1 win in the last 10 and 1 point above relegation. Had they finished mid table last year he'd have been sacked by January, if anything last season's success has allowed him to carry on.

Their aim would have been to stay in the league at a minimum, it's looking increasingly likely that won't be the case and so the owner has decided to act.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Winning the league has given them the illusion they are way above the quality of a side battling relegation. On paper they are a mid table side at best.

Ranieri should have been knighted for what he did last season.
  • Options
    Why would anyone appoint Pardew as he has singlehandedly almost relegated Palace this season?
  • Options
    Was hoping they would stay up. Now I'm praying they go down.
  • Options
    Ridiculous. He's been punished for over achieving!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He seems like a nice bloke, took the piss of by Chelsea and shit on by Leicester.

Can't fuckin stand topflight football anymore
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Really don't understand why people think it's wrong. Weird timing but if they want to stay up he clearly needs to go.

Well for a start, he's been punished for massively overachieving last season. Leicester are not a big established premier league club, They were out of the top flight for a decade until 2014. Winning the league was a miracle, and where they are now (battling relegation) is about their level so to be sacked for it is ridiculous.
    Oh come on that's absolute nonsense. Spent £70m in the summer, 1 win in the last 10 and 1 point above relegation. Had they finished mid table last year he'd have been sacked by January, if anything last season's success has allowed him to carry on.

Their aim would have been to stay in the league at a minimum, it's looking increasingly likely that won't be the case and so the owner has decided to act.
    Not having that, Leicester's owners have got too big for their boots after last years success. Had they finished mid table last season it would probably still have been hailed as a success. As i said earlier they were out of the top flight for 10 years until 2014, where do you think they should be finishing?
  • Options

Why would anyone appoint Pardew as he has singlehandedly almost relegated Palace this season?

For the same reason another club would appoint a manager whose side was relegated last year and was well on the way to repeating that feat again. He is a yes man.
  • Options
    .......shame they didn't finish mid table last season, he'd still be in a job
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Not having that, Leicester's owners have got too big for their boots after last years success. Had they finished mid table last season it would probably still have been hailed as a success. As i said earlier they were out of the top flight for 10 years until 2014, where do you think they should be finishing?
    After spending what they did? I think mid table. I think we would all agree that ignoring last season they are underachieving this season with the players they have.

The league win is clouding too many people's judgements. In the league they are playing terribly and look like going down. Contrast with CL where they have done well and playing with some fight and confidence. It's the same players so you have to question why? It all rests on Ranieri.

Last season was brilliant, all neutrals loved every minute of it and this shouldn't detract from what Ranieri and that team did. Fact is though this is a new season, poor buys and from many reports a manager who has lost the dressing room means he has to go.
  • Options
    The FA and Premier league are fucking poison. They sold the game to anyone for a buck and now look at it. Why do the Germans get it so much right and the pricks that run our game get it wrong? He was sacked because of crappy overseas owners who no doubt will lose interest and leave Leicester in the shit in a couple of years.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

After spending what they did? I think mid table. I think we would all agree that ignoring last season they are underachieving this season with the players they have.

The league win is clouding too many people's judgements. In the league they are playing terribly and look like going down. Contrast with CL where they have done well and playing with some fight and confidence. It's the same players so you have to question why? It all rests on Ranieri.

Last season was brilliant, all neutrals loved every minute of it and this shouldn't detract from what Ranieri and that team did. Fact is though this is a new season, poor buys and from many reports a manager who has lost the dressing room means he has to go.
    Lol, just done the impossible 6 months ago....

Get rid of him obviously....rubbish manager

Give me strength
  • Options

You jest but given the job he has done with Oxford bigger clubs might be interested....
  • Options
    What a frigging joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BR3red said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Lol, just done the impossible 6 months ago....

Get rid of him obviously....rubbish manager

Give me strength
    Did I say he was rubbish? Lol indeed.
  • Options
    Inevitable decision really, but the timing is weird/unique - why sack him between CL legs (now stop it!)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

He's a 1-0 win away from the Champions League quarter finals!

Yes and 1 point from the relegation zone and it's more likely they'll get relegated than win The Champions League.
    You might be surprised at how much he has already earned them by getting them this far.

• Options
    dizzee said:

Hope they appoint Pardew and are then relegated along with Palace.

Sacking Ranieri is disgusting and it really does make me dislike the EPL even more. Mediocre league with one hell of a marketing team.

That would be great for Pardew's CV - managed two teams in the PL and succeeded in taking them both down.
  • Options
    Fucking pathetic. What a bunch of wankers club owners are as a breed.
  • Options
    Surely not Pardew. I'm sure he'd get Leicester out of trouble but his record shows the same pattern wherever he's managed: Good start followed by mediocrity culminating in disaster.

I've always disliked King Power as a company and this decision has strengthened this feeling.