Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our brilliant youth academy

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Why does EVERYTHING have to be a negative!

Our academy is one shining light of this club so let's enjoy some positive press

Of course it's a positive, the academy has been doing this for a while long before these arseholes took over. The negative is why if we have the 6th best academy in the country are we languishing 13th in League One. Ask yourself that.
    Look at Chelsea. How many players make it through the ranks?
    In the premiership we just wouldn't give these players a chance so take the rough with the smooth and enjoy the one positive of our lowly position.
    Of course I'd rather we were higher up the leagues but we are where we are and a positive is the quality youngsters who do get a chance.

Look at Chelsea. Yes fucking look at them you myopic tit. You will notice they are not in the bottom half of the third division getting beaten at home by teams we have hardly heard of, they are top of the Premier league. I would swop that for us having the worst academy in the universe. Wouldn't you?

Twit.
    They aren't where they are because of their ridiculously good academy they are where they are because of a ridiculously rich owner.

Having the sixth best academy in the country is something we should be fucking proud of. If and when we are to get anywhere again as a club then promoting younger players or selling them for a profit to keep us afloat is absolutely essential to that.

We also have a ridiculously rich owner, he just happens not to give a shit about my club. Chelsea have an academy just like ours, good at developing players for other clubs. What is essential is winning first team games, everything else is peripheral, if you can't see that, you are not a Charlton fan, so why not just go follow someone else and leave us alone?
    What the fuck have this article or our academy got to do with winning first team games? Or me not being a real fan you fucking weirdo

Everything stupid child, everything... That you don't understand is why you should go away. Now.
  • Options
    Great for the kids in the academy who have the talent to move on and earn a living from football but for us poor punters, what do we get from it apart from the kudos of knowing; the Evening Standard rates the Charlton Academy as the sixth best.
    Valley Gold played a part in this success, us the supporters, long before these insects came along. I joined Valley gold first to help the club but then continued with it because we were told it would help bring through players to the first team.
    If we didn't have the academy would the owner continue with his mad experiment? I wouldn't want us without our academy but I hate this setup contributing to a rich mans pocket.

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Our academy is one shining light of this club so let's enjoy some positive press

Of course it's a positive, the academy has been doing this for a while long before these arseholes took over. The negative is why if we have the 6th best academy in the country are we languishing 13th in League One. Ask yourself that.
    In the premiership we just wouldn't give these players a chance so take the rough with the smooth and enjoy the one positive of our lowly position.
    Of course I'd rather we were higher up the leagues but we are where we are and a positive is the quality youngsters who do get a chance.

Look at Chelsea. Yes fucking look at them you myopic tit. You will notice they are not in the bottom half of the third division getting beaten at home by teams we have hardly heard of, they are top of the Premier league. I would swop that for us having the worst academy in the universe. Wouldn't you?

Twit.
    They aren't where they are because of their ridiculously good academy they are where they are because of a ridiculously rich owner.

Having the sixth best academy in the country is something we should be fucking proud of. If and when we are to get anywhere again as a club then promoting younger players or selling them for a profit to keep us afloat is absolutely essential to that.

We also have a ridiculously rich owner, he just happens not to give a shit about my club. Chelsea have an academy just like ours, good at developing players for other clubs. What is essential is winning first team games, everything else is peripheral, if you can't see that, you are not a Charlton fan, so why not just go follow someone else and leave us alone?
    What the fuck have this article or our academy got to do with winning first team games? Or me not being a real fan you fucking weirdo

Everything stupid child, everything... That you don't understand is why you should go away. Now.
    Ok big man. Whatever you say

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Still here? FFS. Just take the hint.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Still here? FFS. Just take the hint.

Are you the police now? Grow up

• Options
    As our Karl says: Calm down, calm down.

Let's leave it there please.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Silly posts Algarve. Not acceptable and you are better than that pal

Back to thread, not seen video but get zero pride in how good our academy currently is. In fact I get our angry about it that such a good pipeline of talent has come through under this regimes ownership
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Back to thread, not seen video but get zero pride in how good our academy currently is. In fact I get our angry about it that such a good pipeline of talent has come through under this regimes ownership
    Yep. Get so frustrated we haven't held on to the majority of them. We could have built around that core and had a solid squad. Instead we've sold many of them for peanuts the odd one for a reasonable sum and not built anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No MODs about, then 3 of us turn up at once

What are we like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xJIedrrfA
  • Options

What are we like....

Didn't realise Canters was a Mod now.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

What are we like....

Didn't realise Canters was a Mod now.
    Should be! ;)
  • Options
    It's my birthday today.
    Love and peace to you all:)
  • Options
    Personally, I can't wait to get to the Vanarama League. Not only will we have the Number 1 academy, we'll have the top budget.
  • Options
    Hate the way this regime divides us.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Seems I have a different perspective, I don't see his post as unacceptable at all - he was the one called a 'fucking weirdo'. You are blaming the wrong person.
  • Options

At full time today as my kids emotions imploded with the hump and anger I turned to the junior oohaahs and said "fear not my children the academy's u-8s won 3-1 this morning all is good with our club" and with that they broke out into dance moves of jubilation.

Stirrer !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just give me the nod @AFKABartram, that's all you need do

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Twit.

Great, some of the stuff I have seen people get away with on here (like calling someone a fucking weirdo) and I get called over for getting angry about the treatment of my club for once.

Okay, fair enough apologies to Swisdom for losing it, and calling him twit in the first place.

Here's an analogy and my final attempt at getting the apologists to understand my beef.

You own a house with subsidence, rising damp, wet rot, dry rot and a hole in the roof. Some one you don't know says you have the sixth most nicely painted front door in the town and you write to the local paper to boast about it. After all without a front door people can just walk in and steal your stuff.
    What's the post ode, and what are the schools like?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Are you hugely surprised? I think it's a good thing for us to aim for, but it's not something I'd automatically assume we'd be in the running for.

From what I can tell the Sheffield United players are:
    1. Kyle Walker
    2. Kyle Naughton
    3. Phil Jagielka
    4. Harry Maguire
    5. Simon Francis
    6. Matt Lowton

Francis and Lowton were first choice and along with Naughton they're all decent Premier League players, Maguire is a decent Premier League/upper champo player. I've never rated Jagielka as highly as some, but he's an England international, and obviously Walker is the stand out. But it's worth noting that the youngest is Walker at 27.

Our top graduates from the last 10 years would be:
    1) Jonjo Shelvey
    2) Carl Jenkinson
    3) Joe Gomez
    4) Ademola Lookman
    5) Ezri Konsa
    6) *Kasey Palmer

Lookman and Gomez are still only 19, Konsa is still 18 (I think), Palmer is 19 and has the asterisk but was with us until he was 16 I believe. Jenkinson has never really settled, and Shelvey, when he wasn't been a racist knob, was arguably one of the two best players in the Championship last year.

These things go in waves. I think we'll be on that list by the time Lookman, Konsa, and Gomez are 27.
  • Options
    Our academy is clearly decent, but it was decent before RD took over, maybe the best thing you can say is that he hasn't ruined it like he has everything else!
  • Options
    Are we credited for Defoe as last season he would be our best product in the PL along with Harry Arter. Randolph played several games for West Ham

Struggling to think who the Villa and Derby players would have been?
  • Options

Are we credited for Defoe as last season he would be our best product in the PL along with Harry Arter. Randolph played several games for West Ham

I think we are, although not by ignorant commentators who always refer to him as an ex West Ham youngster.
  • Options

Ahh I forgot Arter. I knew I was missing someone.

Do we count Randolph and Elliot? Randolph joined us at 17 I think and I believe Elliot was 18 or 19. For goalkeepers that's still very young, but I want to say they only spent a year in our academy each (if that).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:
    Are you hugely surprised? I think it's a good thing for us to aim for, but it's not something I'd automatically assume we'd be in the running for.

From what I can tell the Sheffield United players are:
    1. Kyle Walker
    2. Kyle Naughton
    3. Phil Jagielka
    4. Harry Maguire
    5. Simon Francis
    6. Matt Lowton

Francis and Lowton were first choice and along with Naughton they're all decent Premier League players, Maguire is a decent Premier League/upper champo player. I've never rated Jagielka as highly as some, but he's an England international, and obviously Walker is the stand out. But it's worth noting that the youngest is Walker at 27.

Our top graduates from the last 10 years would be:
    1) Jonjo Shelvey
    2) Carl Jenkinson
    3) Joe Gomez
    4) Ademola Lookman
    5) Ezri Konsa
    6) *Kasey Palmer

Lookman and Gomez are still only 19, Konsa is still 18 (I think), Palmer is 19 and has the asterisk but was with us until he was 16 I believe. Jenkinson has never really settled, and Shelvey, when he wasn't been a racist knob, was arguably one of the two best players in the Championship last year.

These things go in waves. I think we'll be on that list by the time Lookman, Konsa, and Gomez are 27.
    I'm not surprised, no. We have a good academy but so do plenty of other clubs.