Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchatelet / Katrien Meier as of 30th April 2017 - That's it I'm not returning until you go!!

Following on from the "those still attending - at what point will you stop going?" thread and taking a line from AFKA's excellent post in the same which struck a cord with my own personal feelings, I am pledging what is says in the title as I too feel that to continue with the emptying of the stadium is the best way to awaken the idiots who are ruining our club.
We all have different tolerance levels and mine has now been exceeded and I have reached that "point", so I will continue to use my season ticket for the remainder of the season as I have commitments.
BUT, following the last home game of the season :-
I will not renew my season ticket
I will no longer attend home matches
I will not spend anything that supports this regimes finances in any form
I will continue to protest against the current regime in any constructive peaceful manner
I promise to return and pledge to reverse all of the above once a new ownership and future is in place.

I attended my first match at home to Norwich City on Boxing Day 1967 a pulsating 3-3 draw after being 3-0 down and this action hurts but I feel it is now necessary.

Please join if like me, you just needed somewhere to say that you're just going to do it and wish to have you feelings understood.

Comments

• I will be doing exactly the same.
    First went to the Valley in 1961.
    I still sit in front of TV on a Saturday afternoon looking for our result.
    But when in the ground I really feel disinterested. I buy nothing, used to buy shirts etc from the shop, not any more.
    RD is a deluded fool, KM is a useless excuse for. CEO at a football club. RD supports her, for whatever reason. She has insulted fans , ruined the club but shows no remorse or regret.
  • Nice idea. An attendance protest.
  • the contrast between what you could of had, and what you have created.
  • I like that a lot @Rob7Lee.
  • #takebackcafc
  • Rob7Lee said:

I like it, but can I add one additional thought, before we all leave and turn out the lights, lets, on the 30th April fill the stadium, bring a friend, bring a dog, bring your mum, bring anyone, but lets fill The Valley one last time to show them what they are missing and what could have been.

Likely to be Jacko's last day as well, even more reason.

I'd turn up but not go in. Prefer filling the car park up as a protest rather than give him any more money
  • Hmmm, how about if I had mistakenly bought an extra ticket? The protest would be about filling the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon we should make Swindon an attended protest game(if that makes sense!).
  • Rob7Lee said:

I like it, but can I add one additional thought, before we all leave and turn out the lights, lets, on the 30th April fill the stadium, bring a friend, bring a dog, bring your mum, bring anyone, but lets fill The Valley one last time to show them what they are missing and what could have been.

Likely to be Jacko's last day as well, even more reason.

I'd turn up but not go in. Prefer filling the car park up as a protest rather than give him any more money
    I think it'd be worth a one off £10/£20, it really isn't going to make any difference to Roland in the grand scheme of things.

I think it would send one hell of a message to fill the ground on the last game, also gives another indication to not only RD/KM on what they've done but also to new owners as to what could be.

as we know come the 17/18 season gates will be considerably worse than this years average, looking like in League One although League Two is not out of the question yet.

If you won't go in for Roland, then go in for Johnnie..........
  • I won't be going again this season. Not because I'm protesting against the `Belgians, I'm protesting at the crap football I've been watching for too bloody long. Can't get the enthusiasm and my crowd of friends and family are now drifting away. My grandchildren don't want to go and my boys have better things to do. I remember parking my car at the Sam Bartram entrance early seventies and standing on my own on the East watching matches in an empty stadium. Those days are coming back. I for the first time now think there is no way back for the club. The current manager needs to go, but we can't afford to get rid for both saving face and paying up another contract. We are now in a relegation battle to avoid league 2...WTF. I remain of the opinion getting rid of Parkinson was the biggest mistake. He is a classy manager who could have been the next Curbishley. Anyway, I'm now babbling on. The TWWW supporters will jump on my Parkinson comments Ha Ha.
  • This is good Rob7lee
  • great idea, fill the ground, show them what they are missing then on 60 minutes a mass walk out and protest behind the West Stand until well after the game finishes
  • edited February 2017

great idea, fill the ground, show them what they are missing then on 60 minutes a mass walk out and protest behind the West Stand until well after the game finishes

I was thinking more around don't take your seats until the 4th minute to which we all then do to a rousing chorus of Jacko's song.

We don't know for sure but it's highly likely that's the last time we'll see him play for Charlton (assuming he comes off the bench!), for him alone I think he deserves it and is a worthwhile sacrifice in giving Roly a few quid IMHO.

For me it'll be a sad day when he retires, granted his best playing days are gone already but other than Solly he's pretty much all that is left from the old guard pre RD.........

Almost the lone gunman (see what I did there....!!)

Fill the ground for Johnnie!!
  • Right, that's it, I am done.
    Heard today that Konsa said his goodbyes, so he will be off to Liverpool over the summer. No doubt KM will add a couple of seasoned pros who can't get a gig elsewhere and will claim another new dawn as she turns yet another corner.
    A couple more from the academy farm will move into the first team picture but the whole will continue to be ill equipped to succeed in the third tier.
    So the same old continues with this regime. I'll be back only when they are gone.

#getrolandout

Heard today that Konsa said his goodbyes, so he will be off to Liverpool over the summer. No doubt KM will add a couple of seasoned pros who can't get a gig elsewhere and will claim another new dawn as she turns yet another corner.
    A couple more from the academy farm will move into the first team picture but the whole will continue to be ill equipped to succeed in the third tier.
    So the same old continues with this regime. I'll be back only when they are gone.

#getrolandout

And me.

#getrolandout

And me.
    Good decision guys, total boycott and empty stands.

#notapennymore
  • Same from me, cheerio. Back when they have gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• That could well be my final game under this lot, definitely no ST. Will be hard after 47 years.
  • edited April 2017

Right, that's it, I am done.

#getrolandout

And me.
    You're going to Liverpool as well?
  • I too won't be back , although this was only my 4th or so game of the season for boycotting reasons ...

Would rather Gobinson went to Liverpool than konsa!
  • I'll be back solely to protest!!
  • Hopefully a momentum will build and there will be another significant drop in season ticket sales for next season.

I think that's a given, the only question is how many will give up having renewed in 2016-17 for one last time. I will continue to stay away other than for days like today when there's an appeal to attend to try to get the message across. If we start selling what good players we have left and also have to listen to endless tripe from Robinson again come August, The Valley could well be down to 5000 for home matches.
  • I nearly went today but I needed to go the whole season without going. It's the first season without seeing a game at The Valley since I was a nipper and Stuart Leary was playing. They just need to go before I return.
  • I nearly went today but I needed to go the whole season without going. It's the first season without seeing a game at The Valley since I was a nipper and Stuart Leary was playing. They just need to go before I return.

maybe try going and you'll get the results right...(see other thread)
  • My first season without attending a single game since my Dad first took me in the 93/94 season, just sell up Roland, your a wealthy man and you don't need to do this to so many fans who love this great club more then you will ever understand.
  • I got a freebie yesterday was & am not putting another penny into staprix pockets...I have'nt for last 2 season's & unfortunately again I won't be able to take my 6yr old daughter (unless freebies for protest games as before) if these twats are still in control of our club next season either...soon as there gone,me my daughter,my friends with sons & daughters,plus the nanny's & grandads who are Charlton through & through will be back...hoping sooner rather than later...

Just Sell The Club...!!
  • If we continue to be a mid-tableish side next season can you imagine how bad the attendances will be for a Tuesday night home game in the winter, could be sub 4,000 in the stadium.